Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 201

Author Topic: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 266406 times)

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #2115 on: May 30, 2011, 06:27:06 pm »

TES Source no longer exists

Tesnexus, mate. ;)

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: June 06, 2011, 01:55:29 pm »

There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: June 06, 2011, 02:29:31 pm »

Dragons can attack anything, they're dynamic creatures, we don't script them, so when we're playing the game we don't know what they're going to do often[...]

I doubt I'm the only one who's reminded of Oblivion's fateful appearance at E3 which featured a sequence that was entirely scripted (you can even find the occasional bit of it in the CS) and Bethesda's previous claims of groundbreaking AI that came to nothing.

I'm also a little skeptical of the new combat system - dual-wielding and finishing moves are all well and good, but if it just comes down to constant slashing and absorbing every hit that comes your way (as it appeared in the footage) it's probably going to be worse than Oblivion's. Evidently it hasn't been shown off enough yet.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: June 06, 2011, 02:40:01 pm »

Is it just me or when that 2nd dragon crashed did it remove vegetation as it skidded across the ground?

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: June 06, 2011, 03:53:24 pm »

Yes, I believe it did. My friend saw that too.
That's pretty cool stuff.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: June 06, 2011, 04:02:06 pm »

What were peoples thoughts on the looks of the dungeons?

All in all, I think the game looks like quite an improvement so far.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: June 06, 2011, 04:44:13 pm »

Dungeons look nice, but frankly he was being hit way to much, and losing way to little health.  Anyone else notice that when he sword skill leveled up to 25 or so, all those undeads hits were doing only about 1/20 of his health?  I'm sorry but there's little chance of me getting interested in a game where the player gets stabbed in the throat and barely flinches.  Morrowind's damage system was nice, despite your ability to block
via player control, everything atleast did good damage to you........
Nom nom nom

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #2122 on: June 06, 2011, 04:49:53 pm »

It'll be a decent game with some really annoying aspects, which mods will gradually phase out. Just like Oblivion, and just like Morrowind...

Unless it's even less of an RPG than Oblivion, which was not a true RPG in my opinion but more FPS with RPG elements >.<

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: June 06, 2011, 04:51:04 pm »

Hum, dunno looks kinda god of war ish, but with no jumping, in the way the player got hit endlessly by everything but could one/2 hit most things in the demo video.
Nom nom nom

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: June 06, 2011, 05:07:01 pm »

Looks good. But then so did Oblivion in the previews. I'm still skeptical. Also, still no dynamic cloth and fur animation. Those mammoths looked like shit. Baaaaad Bethsoft.

Dungeons look nice, but frankly he was being hit way to much, and losing way to little health.  Anyone else notice that when he sword skill leveled up to 25 or so, all those undeads hits were doing only about 1/20 of his health?  I'm sorry but there's little chance of me getting interested in a game where the player gets stabbed in the throat and barely flinches.  Morrowind's damage system was nice, despite your ability to block via player control, everything atleast did good damage to you........

I wouldn't worry about that, it was just a presentation. He obviously had a cheat character with tons of health.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: June 06, 2011, 05:10:48 pm »

Hum, dunno looks kinda god of war ish, but with no jumping, in the way the player got hit endlessly by everything but could one/2 hit most things in the demo video.

Wait. They took out jumping? I mean really? Am I reading this wrong?

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: June 06, 2011, 05:18:24 pm »

No info on that. The videos so far didn't show any jumping, but that doesn't mean it's not in. Though on the other hand, why not get rid of it? It's not like it was good for anything.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: June 06, 2011, 06:24:57 pm »

No info on that. The videos so far didn't show any jumping, but that doesn't mean it's not in. Though on the other hand, why not get rid of it? It's not like it was good for anything.
Ok so neither of you have played god of war then, basically in it all your attacks involve jumping since you are usually fighting monsters alot bigger then you, I just meant that Skyrim's demo looked like you can still take on god-like characters with minimal damage to your health, just with no really fancy acrobatic attacks.
Nom nom nom

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: June 06, 2011, 06:29:25 pm »

I've played the (second) one but didn't think it was very fun. And anyway jumping in the earlier games is  best used to cross improbable terrain, by taking advantage of physics. Boost your jumping way up with magic and you can go anywhere!

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: June 06, 2011, 06:35:47 pm »

The guy with a top comment is saying he talked with one of the developpers. The dev said that werewolves were in the game, and that you could become one! Nice!
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 201