Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 201

Author Topic: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 266463 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #2025 on: April 23, 2011, 01:30:47 am »

I just want to say that your avatar fits your username rather well. I could imagine the dwarf there grimacing at a wagonload of butter that overturned near a volcano and it's just melting and running everywhere. Oh, what a bothersome event.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: May 03, 2011, 08:01:31 pm »

Not a new video, but this was pretty neat, if you missed it. I noticed Technoviking among the Nord references at 0:33 too, which made me grin.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: May 04, 2011, 03:27:05 pm »

While going through he related videos, I found this thing. I think it sounds pretty cool.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #2028 on: May 04, 2011, 09:24:33 pm »

EDIT: Oh yeah, this game is awesome, I just looted a friggin' Wereboars tusk.
A wereboar? wtf is a wereboar? It sounds awesome though.

You know what a Werewolf is right? Now, replace "Wolf" with "Boar".
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: May 05, 2011, 11:43:47 am »

I'm pretty sure it's this announcement that got me back into playing Oblivion again. I'm surprised by the quality of mods that are still coming out for it... Elsweyr: Deserts of Anequina is surprisingly well-done for its scope, and the Silgrad Tower team are still hard at work recreating the mainland of Vvardenfell, along with other mods that add in many of the other provinces, complete with monsters, towns, items, quest lines, etc.

It's crazy-cool.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: May 05, 2011, 03:38:07 pm »

Meanwhile, I've been playing Morrowind again. :P

Sales of Morrowind are (currently, and yesterday) higher on Amazon than sales of Oblivion. http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/videogames/289966/ref=zg_bs_nav#2

Yesterday or the day before Morrowind was #17 and Oblivion #28, but Morrowind seems to have dropped to #25 and Oblivion to #30 now, and Skyrim jumped past them to #21 (It was below them both).
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 03:41:36 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: May 05, 2011, 05:23:58 pm »

Quote from: Related Games
"Neverwinter 2011"
OMG WAT IS THIS? Here I am getting exited about Skyrim...
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: May 05, 2011, 06:50:33 pm »

Meanwhile, I've been playing Morrowind again. :P

Sales of Morrowind are (currently, and yesterday) higher on Amazon than sales of Oblivion. http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/videogames/289966/ref=zg_bs_nav#2

Yesterday or the day before Morrowind was #17 and Oblivion #28, but Morrowind seems to have dropped to #25 and Oblivion to #30 now, and Skyrim jumped past them to #21 (It was below them both).

To be fair, those are only sales on Amazon. There's a good chance that Morrowind's sales (in general) have a greater proportion coming from Amazon than Oblivion's sales would, since it's older and less available through other vendors.

That being said, I definitely consider Morrowind more timeless than Oblivion is.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #2033 on: May 05, 2011, 09:48:51 pm »

Quote from: Related Games
"Neverwinter 2011"
OMG WAT IS THIS? Here I am getting exited about Skyrim...

I am highly skeptical this will be any sort of replacement for NWN1. They claim there will be something called "The Forge" where layers can make their own adventures, but I think this will be something more like the "Ring" from the MMORPG "Ryzom". I doubt there will be the option for persistent worlds such as are in NWN1, but I remain cautiously optimistic.
I got nothing

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: May 06, 2011, 04:47:11 pm »

Acrobatics was marginally more useful in Morrowind, since Morrowind actually had inaccessible areas that could only be reached via levitation or acrobatics.

Then there's bunny hopping, which does make you go faster. Even if it does make you look/feel silly.

Jumping was the best thing in Morrowind. A cunning Jump 100 spell lasting a second or two followed by a properly timed slowfall was the quickest and easiest way to cross territory overland, notwithstanding canny transport/almsivi/divine/recall combos and munchkin potioneering. It was also the coolest and most fun way to get around.

If Skyrim approaches the cultural depth of Morrowind, that will be one itch scratched. In all other respects, Skyrim will be worse, from the perspective of a DF player, at least. I like pretty games as much as anyone, but not at the sacrifice of complexity.

Don't forget those scrolls of Icarian Flight. Killed myself so many times trying to properly use those.  :D
I haven't seen most of the vids or interviews on this, just been reading the thread, but I'm taking a "wait-and-see" approach to Skyrim. Besides, it won't be out till November, what else is there to do? Heh, maybe I'll get back into Morrowind or Oblivion...

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: May 06, 2011, 04:56:03 pm »

Play Nehrim. Trust me here, you need to.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: May 06, 2011, 05:15:17 pm »

I didn't really dig Nehrim, myself. Maybe it was the intense railroading, the broken dialogue, or the pretty-boy elf hair... but I couldn't get into it. I beat the first dungeon, and got through the valley, and just lost interest.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: May 07, 2011, 10:26:42 pm »

I didn't really dig Nehrim, myself. Maybe it was the intense railroading, the broken dialogue, or the pretty-boy elf hair... but I couldn't get into it. I beat the first dungeon, and got through the valley, and just lost interest.

The hair did bug me... And the fact that the only thing the peasants talk about is how much they hate the elves...

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: May 07, 2011, 11:17:20 pm »

Everyone hates the elves. Even the elves hate the elves.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: May 08, 2011, 01:45:57 am »

Everyone hates the elves. Even the elves hate the elves.

Yeah...
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 201