Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 201

Author Topic: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 266058 times)

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #1710 on: February 25, 2011, 12:21:47 pm »

"The similarities stop at" as in "the list of similarities stops after." And I'm pretty sure that's a greatcloak. Or is it a "greatcoat"? That may be what I'm thinking of. A long, heavy coat with that half-cape/shawl bit over the shoulders? At least that's what it looks like in the second image, the first might just be some sort of robe.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: February 25, 2011, 12:47:37 pm »

Yes, I know what that phrase means, and like I said, those two outfits seem almost completely identical to me.
As for the greatcoat, that looks nothing like the pictures to me. That doesn't either.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: February 25, 2011, 12:59:55 pm »

You mean to say that two people, shot from the back, from a similar setting, might look similar due to their clothing?

I'm pretty fucking shocked here. Calling plagiarism on the whole thing.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: February 25, 2011, 01:36:40 pm »

Calling plagiarism on the whole thing.

*shrug* If that makes you feel better, go right ahead.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: February 25, 2011, 01:50:24 pm »

next we'll be hearing about how godawful it is that two video games taking place in modern America both have characters wearing jeans and t-shirts with sneakers and a backpack
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: February 25, 2011, 01:52:16 pm »

Even though I always disagree with G-Flex, in this case, I think you guys are being silly.

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: February 25, 2011, 01:54:03 pm »

Dragon fight scene (80% of it is probably just cut-scene,part that look game-ish is when guy is knocked down and dragon breaths fire - rest not so much )  looks very nice :)

Pete Hines:
"Yes, in-game. Only things not in-game are the shots of the wall from the previous trailer. Dragon fights are pretty epic"

Nick Breckon:
"Glad people got to finally see some Skyrim animation in this trailer. All that dragon stuff actually happens dynamically in-game."

"They fly, they land, they breath fire, they crash-land. Everything you saw in the trailer."

"To answer many questions at once: the Skyrim trailer was captured entirely on Xbox 360. Also, none of the draw-distance was faked."

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: February 25, 2011, 01:55:57 pm »

I'd rather not assume too much until release about how "dynamic" things are. Remember Radiant AI?

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: February 25, 2011, 01:58:24 pm »

Even though I always disagree with G-Flex, in this case, I think you guys are being silly.

I think G-Flex is being silly. I don't see where he got this notion of plagiarism and why he's throwing it around in response to my posts. All I did was comment on the similarity of the robes, which, as he points out, is to be expected. That's all I said, I never said or even implied anything about plagiarism. So he either genuinely misunderstood, in which case he'll stop this nonsense after this (quite unnecessary, IMO) explanation, or he's just trying to pick a fight.

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: February 25, 2011, 02:05:40 pm »

I think G-Flex is being silly. I don't see where he got this notion of plagiarism and why he's throwing it around in response to my posts. All I did was comment on the similarity of the robes, which, as he points out, is to be expected. That's all I said, I never said or even implied anything about plagiarism. So he either genuinely misunderstood, in which case he'll stop this nonsense after this (quite unnecessary, IMO) explanation, or he's just trying to pick a fight.

G-Flex was being sarcastic about the plagiarism.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 02:23:17 pm by Jehdin »

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: February 25, 2011, 02:13:44 pm »

^ Yup. Course he was being silly too, because it's just as silly to go; omg, medieval fantasy, two dudes with robes and long swords!

GaelicVigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: February 25, 2011, 02:48:20 pm »

Dragon fight scene (80% of it is probably just cut-scene,part that look game-ish is when guy is knocked down and dragon breaths fire - rest not so much )  looks very nice :)

Pete Hines:
"Yes, in-game. Only things not in-game are the shots of the wall from the previous trailer. Dragon fights are pretty epic"

Nick Breckon:
"Glad people got to finally see some Skyrim animation in this trailer. All that dragon stuff actually happens dynamically in-game."

"They fly, they land, they breath fire, they crash-land. Everything you saw in the trailer."

"To answer many questions at once: the Skyrim trailer was captured entirely on Xbox 360. Also, none of the draw-distance was faked."

So the camera actually jumps back and forth between 3rd person and 1st person during dragon fights?  It jumps to the dragons 1st person perspective when you're running away from it?  When you get hit by the dragon, and get splashed with blood, you kneel down momentarily and grimace angrily at the sky?

That would get pretty annoying.  Or maybe he's just lying...hmm..

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: February 25, 2011, 03:14:37 pm »

Pete Hines:

Nick Breckon:

So the camera actually jumps back and forth between 3rd person and 1st person during dragon fights?  It jumps to the dragons 1st person perspective when you're running away from it?  When you get hit by the dragon, and get splashed with blood, you kneel down momentarily and grimace angrily at the sky?

That would get pretty annoying.  Or maybe he's just lying...hmm..

They were obviously working the camera angles and giving themselves the dragon's view. As for the kneeling, I believe he was actually knocked down off-camera and was simply standing back up or perhaps it was a"charge-up" period for the dragon shout he did.

Nothing in that fight indicates that it's not gameplay, but if it isn't then the devs are only shooting themselves in the foot and I highly doubt they're eager to do that again.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 03:30:47 pm by Jehdin »

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: February 25, 2011, 03:28:33 pm »

I'd rather not assume too much until release about how "dynamic" things are. Remember Radiant AI?
Emphasis on this. Or rather, in before "Well, this was real, but it worked wrong, so we removed it.".

Also, too much of the stuff in this trailer is obvious cinematics. For example, do you imagine your character suddenly stopping at a cliff edge and looking down with his hand stretched out in actual gameplay? Or him rising from zombie stance (what is he doing there looking at the ground after blocking anyway?) to look at his opponent? Or suddenly stopping after an upward slash to pant dramatically while looking backwards?

Also the part where he sucks in the dragon's soul or something looks higher quality, like it's not even in-engine anymore when they do the terrain shot with the other dragon.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: February 25, 2011, 03:32:57 pm »

Nick Breckon:

Hopefully all those things are animated better than the second dragon's flight in the trailer, otherwise every dragon fight will be awfully cringe-worthy  :-\

I wonder why the dragons are invading anyway, they must have some motive since they're obviously intelligent (what with having a language and an alphabet). Hopefully their motive(s) will be expanded upon with history and such. It's much more interesting to fight something whose motives you know and oppose (or maybe even support! Now that would be a first for a TES game, you actually siding with the designated bad guys!) than something that just randomly invades "for the evulz".
Entropy is not what it used to be.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 201