Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 201

Author Topic: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 265878 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #1605 on: February 19, 2011, 02:27:28 am »

That's admittedly awesome, but as soon as this starts moving along, things would get pretty weird when an iron longsword costs more than a strawberry.

Surely you mean the reverse, cause you know... I find it pretty normal to get a strawberry for less than a sword.

From their list of stuff it looks like they payed a whole helluva lot more attention to their modders than they did in the Morrowind->oblivion transition.

I am totally creating a blacksmith who doesn't become the pawn of prophecy and all that BS. He's going to make normal everyday items, ride into town every week with his wares and pawn them off. He'll enjoy sunsets and watching the wind make waves upon a small pond... He'll be perfectly mundane chap.

..."Skyrim" contains exhaustive environmental effects, such as the effects of wind on water and the creation of waves. The game will also contain meteorological effects, with clouds clustering around mountaintops and so forth...
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: February 19, 2011, 02:45:11 am »

* Most NPCs will not have a complete set of dialogue, with only "important" characters having substantial dialogue.
What does this mean? It's a bit worrying...

I'm betting that it'll be similar to the approach used by Fallout New Vegas where bit NPCs would simply have a Greeting and not launch the player into a dialogue menu.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1607 on: February 19, 2011, 02:55:24 am »

That's admittedly awesome, but as soon as this starts moving along, things would get pretty weird when an iron longsword costs more than a strawberry.

Surely you mean the reverse, cause you know... I find it pretty normal to get a strawberry for less than a sword.

What are you talking about? There are only a few dozen strawberries in the entire imperial province! Compared to that, the thousand-odd iron daggers and hundreds of iron swords are practically worthless!

Ok, yeah, I rolled a two on my post check.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: February 19, 2011, 03:05:24 am »

What are you talking about? There are only a few dozen strawberries in the entire imperial province! Compared to that, the thousand-odd iron daggers and hundreds of iron swords are practically worthless!

You know, this makes a lot more sense now.

Wizard: I have a quest for you...
Adventurer: Let me guess, an ebony longsword? A dozen flawless gems? A full suit of daedric armor?
Wizard: No you idiot, bandits have all off that and they can keep it. I want, Mugwort seeds!
Adventurer: *Gasp*
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1609 on: February 19, 2011, 03:08:08 am »

I do like the sound of being able to just walk away from an NPC if I don't want to talk to them anymore. That's one thing that annoys me about a lot of games that lock you into a dialog menu.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: February 19, 2011, 05:40:56 am »

All this talk about economy reminds me of Kingdom of Loathing. The somewhat silly atmosphere, the one-time event items and the MMORPG market combine to make a tiny plastic sword one of the most valuable artifacts in the game. It's used in making cocktails.

Anyway, bullet time? I can't decide whether this is cool or ridiculous.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: February 19, 2011, 06:37:11 am »

* Unique weapons will possess hidden effects that you will only discover upon using the weapon.

I'm all hyped up now  8).

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: February 19, 2011, 06:50:20 am »

Uh, now i feel the need to upgrade my old computer before skyrim is out...

* The "Spell Shield" ability will see a return in "Skyrim."
Why i feel it would be physical engine shield - i mean not sparkling effect and +10 Armor Rating but the one that just makes everything go flying nearby..

Few of these information strongly remind me of morrowind features absent in oblivion - that's good ?

* Dragon encounters will not be scripted events. These Dragons may attack towns and cities during its travels, which may cause it to be set ablaze.
"Yeah, time to use escape scroll and get out of this dungeon to the safety of the civilization!<gets back> FFUUUUUU!"

* It is possible to cut dialogue short by simply walking away from a speaking NPC.
'
Woah ,no more stop the time while we talk ,and cut off my control, good..

First point is good if it's only to make animation better if it's made to cut off the hit % stat that's bad...

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: February 20, 2011, 09:55:15 pm »

Now who do you want to bet will find the bug where you can jump onto a dragon and get stuck on it, riding it around for ages?

Walking away from NPCs though, awesome.
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: February 21, 2011, 12:30:12 am »

You know, this makes a lot more sense now.

Wizard: I have a quest for you...
Adventurer: Let me guess, an ebony longsword? A dozen flawless gems? A full suit of daedric armor?
Wizard: No you idiot, bandits have all off that and they can keep it. I want, Mugwort seeds!
Adventurer: *Gasp*

Food is much more of a need then a sword.  Especially when you are starving and can't kill the vendor or anyone else who has food for it...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: February 21, 2011, 12:33:51 am »

Now who do you want to bet will find the bug where you can jump onto a dragon and get stuck on it, riding it around for ages?
I have no idea, but there will be a mod allowing you to ride the things less than a week after the game's release.
[/post]

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: February 21, 2011, 12:36:05 am »

* With a strong emphasis on melee combat, "Skyrim" will feature the addition of finishing moves, one of which has been described as "plunging your sword into the enemy's chest."

Also featuring other such dramatic finishes as "Hit them in the head" or "swing your weapon at them."
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1617 on: February 21, 2011, 01:42:18 am »

* With a strong emphasis on melee combat, "Skyrim" will feature the addition of finishing moves, one of which has been described as "plunging your sword into the enemy's chest."

Also featuring other such dramatic finishes as "Hit them in the head" or "swing your weapon at them."

And "punching them really hard!"
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: February 21, 2011, 04:05:29 am »

"Scream "I'll chop your head off." Then hit them in the neck with an axe."

No wait, that would actually be awesome.  Nevermind.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: February 21, 2011, 04:14:28 am »

Finishing moves?

I can find that getting old after getting stuck in the same 'finishing move' animation for the 50th time in the middle of combat...

Unless they use Assassin's Creed AI, in which they politely wait until after you are done before attacking you.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 201