Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 201

Author Topic: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 265793 times)

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
Re: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #1545 on: February 13, 2011, 12:51:14 am »

If they want scary zombies, they should grab the redead from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Those were utterly terrifying.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: February 13, 2011, 02:35:19 am »

Oh man...

Anything that tough that moves that fast and CLINGS TO YOUR FACE AND BITES YOU, would be awesome. It would be cool for bethesda to move away from the formula mosters. You know, the  I'm a troll, I regenerate and hit you with my fists. I'm an imp, I toss minor spells at you and claw in the face when you get close. I'm a wolf I inflict minor wounds with my jaws. Going Dungeons and dragons in the, you've been swallowed by a giant toad time to hack your way out sense would be pretty cool.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: February 13, 2011, 02:44:09 am »

Anything that tough that moves that fast and CLINGS TO YOUR FACE AND BITES YOU, would be awesome.

Jesus Christ, just not anything that clings to the player! I had the misfortune of playing The Force Unleashed 2, and it had these really annoying little droids that latch onto you and you have to wiggle the left controller stick to shake them off. With their ever tighter focus on consoles, I could totally see Bethsoft doing something like that, and that would truly be horrifying, but not in a good way.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: February 13, 2011, 03:37:52 am »

You're right, if it you had to do the whole Imma be bellerina crap to get it off that would be uncool. If you get to try and stab whatever-the-heck- on you it might work better. Actually prying a wolf's jaws from your leg would be undeniably awesome if they implemented it right though. (Single click strength test, not the my mouse is in pieces clicky crap either)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: February 13, 2011, 09:34:29 am »

Please be careful what you wish for. This is 2011. It would wind up being quicktime event based!
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: February 13, 2011, 11:03:56 am »

Please be careful what you wish for. This is 2011. It would wind up being quicktime event based!
Shhhh! Don't give them ideas!

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: February 13, 2011, 11:40:48 pm »

Check out Morrowind's undead: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Undead

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/File:MWCreature-AncestorGhost.jpg

I just want to say this: that Ancestor Ghost is definitely, not a Crook.

Africa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: February 14, 2011, 06:00:00 am »

Screenshots look nice. I don't give a crap really if the graphics are better than Oblivion as long as people don't look too freakish. But as nice as pine forests and decidious forests are, would it really be so hard to have artists come up with more inventive and original landscapes? I dunno, just look at trees from around the world for weird ideas, or just come up with fantastical plants and rock formations. At least try to make it look like a place that doesn't exist on earth.
Quote from: Cthulhu
It's like using hobos to fight an eating-resistant baloney epidemic.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: February 14, 2011, 07:35:22 am »

See, now that you've said that, we're going to end up with The Elder Scrolls VI: Moonrim next, set on one both of Nirn's Moons, where you'll be able to see both Nirn and the other moon in the sky. It'll be set another 200 years in the future, and you'll be at an Akaviri lunar base with magic air shields holding the air in and magic sailing ships which sail between the moons and Nirn.

Also, half the characters will refer to Nirn as "Tamriel."
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: February 14, 2011, 07:41:50 am »

At least try to make it look like a place that doesn't exist on earth.
I thought Skyrim was modeled after this sort of climate? Morrowind was made to have a sort of alien environment, but the mainland has a lot more traditional monsters on it. I understand the want for weird stuff, but I kinda accepted that these areas have stuff like this.
 Hemmerfell and Black Marsh are the places to go for weird things.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Ephemeriis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: February 14, 2011, 08:58:13 am »

But as nice as pine forests and decidious forests are, would it really be so hard to have artists come up with more inventive and original landscapes? I dunno, just look at trees from around the world for weird ideas, or just come up with fantastical plants and rock formations. At least try to make it look like a place that doesn't exist on earth.

That's one of the things that annoys me about most of the RPGs out there...

We've got a terrific variety of flora here on earth.  And some pretty wacky fauna, too.  But, for some reason, every wilderness winds up looking like some generic pine forest sprinkled with bears and wolves and the occasional supernatural critter.

How about some hardwood forests?  Or maybe you could model your pine trees after some real pine trees, and we could at least get some variation to the trees.  Or we could do some taiga, or some nice rolling hills, or some tundra, or some eroded badlands, or a real desert, how about a genuinely tropical rainforest, or some real swamps?

Sure...  There's some variation from one game to the next...  And, in something like an MMOG, some variation from one area to the next...  But it really seems like most of the fantasy RPGs out there are just obsessed with forests full of generically-pine-looking trees.
Work is the curse of the drinking class.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: February 14, 2011, 09:22:16 am »

At least try to make it look like a place that doesn't exist on earth.
I thought Skyrim was modeled after this sort of climate? Morrowind was made to have a sort of alien environment, but the mainland has a lot more traditional monsters on it. I understand the want for weird stuff, but I kinda accepted that these areas have stuff like this.
 Hemmerfell and Black Marsh are the places to go for weird things.

This would be easier to swallow if they hadn't watered down environments before to make development easier (see: Cyrodil).
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: February 14, 2011, 09:39:39 am »

Sure...  There's some variation from one game to the next...  And, in something like an MMOG, some variation from one area to the next...  But it really seems like most of the fantasy RPGs out there are just obsessed with forests full of generically-pine-looking trees.

and wolves. and deers. ok, you can't get werewolves without wolves. but deers... and deer hunters, how unimaginative.

we need werevowels! and some sort of economy based on something loreish, not the standard apple pies and deer pelts stuff.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1558 on: February 14, 2011, 10:04:26 am »

I'd play Moonrim to DEATH. It'd probably be Dwemer, or magically portalized.

Masser (I think that's the large one) probably has an atmosphere. It could pretty easily be earth-sized. You could even have lunar vegitation that gives it the red hue...
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: February 14, 2011, 10:08:26 am »

and wolves. and deers. ok, you can't get werewolves without wolves. but deers... and deer hunters, how unimaginative.

we need werevowels! and some sort of economy based on something loreish, not the standard apple pies and deer pelts stuff.
Tamriel is supposed to have all sorts of weres besides werewolves. I recall a book in Daggerfall mentioning something like wereavians, among other things. You even got to actually fight wereboars.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 201