Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 201

Author Topic: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 266117 times)

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
Re: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #1260 on: February 04, 2011, 11:27:52 pm »

Random ≠ funny.
Not necessarily. At any rate, I recall seeing a mod that replaced the Emperor with Captain Picard (not the dialog, the NPC).
[/post]

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: February 04, 2011, 11:28:45 pm »

Is there a mod that lets you supply character skins and place them on whoever you choose?
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: February 04, 2011, 11:34:23 pm »

Everything is funny when said in Vaders voice. Anything that isn't serious becomes strangely... believable.

Nonsense. The only sound the addition of which instantly adds comedic value to anything and everything is Jakety Sax.

I recall seeing a mod that replaced the Emperor with Captain Picard (not the dialog, the NPC).

This?

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: February 05, 2011, 06:48:01 am »

Everything is funny when said in Vaders voice. Anything that isn't serious becomes strangely... believable.

Nonsense. The only sound the addition of which instantly adds comedic value to anything and everything is Jakety Sax.
Or Disney voices.

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: February 05, 2011, 07:02:14 am »

Heh, Molag Bal or some shit with Mickey Mouse's voice. That would be classic.
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: February 05, 2011, 07:13:04 am »

Heh, Molag Bal or some shit with Mickey Mouse's voice. That would be classic.
The Lord of Rape voiced by the Lord of Money?
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Africa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: February 05, 2011, 11:16:08 am »

Back sort of on topic, a while ago somebody said it didn't make sense for things to be more primitive 200 years in the future. Of course it makes sense! First off, it's a mountainous backwater province with inhospitable terrain; second, it's 200 years of declining imperial power. Take Rome. In 400 AD, things were a lot more advanced than they were in 600 AD. More so in Germany. If the empire's collapsing, any infrastructure they built is probably falling apart, and any imported goods and technologies they brought may have been cut off.
Quote from: Cthulhu
It's like using hobos to fight an eating-resistant baloney epidemic.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: February 05, 2011, 11:20:59 am »

That does make sense, but I think you could easily justify it either way. More advanced? Progress has been made in the 200 years. Less advanced? Backwater province bereft of the benefits of imperial rule. I still think blasting dragons with cannons would've been a lot more interesting than the classic cliché sword and sorcery approach they're going for. Oh well.

Oh, going back to Argonians and Khajiit with digitigrade legs, do we have confirmation that these races will even be in? I recall reading something about Black Marsh and Elsweyr seceding from the empire and being at war with every other race, which to me sounds like an awfully convenient excuse not to have either of the beast races at all in Skyrim.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 11:39:25 am by Sordid »

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: February 05, 2011, 11:56:21 am »

Cannons? Where would they get cannons? Tamriel has been in medieval stasis since the dwarves disappeared. If three thousand years of Imperial rule didn't bring about the discovery of gunpowder, why would the dark age following its collapse?

Maybe in The Elder Scrolls: Chapter VI: Dwemer Fortress: Histories of Empiricism and Blasphemy.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: February 05, 2011, 11:57:31 am »

Back sort of on topic, a while ago somebody said it didn't make sense for things to be more primitive 200 years in the future. Of course it makes sense! First off, it's a mountainous backwater province with inhospitable terrain; second, it's 200 years of declining imperial power. Take Rome. In 400 AD, things were a lot more advanced than they were in 600 AD. More so in Germany. If the empire's collapsing, any infrastructure they built is probably falling apart, and any imported goods and technologies they brought may have been cut off.
The neighbouring Hammerfell and High Rock were pretty damn civilized in Daggerfall. Including the mountainous regions of High Rock.

Rome collapsed under barbarian onslaught (notably vandals, from which the term vandalism stems). I don't see this happening on a land mass completely under Imperial control. Neither do I see technology degenerating due to mere division.

Although I didn't exactly say it can't make sense. Just that in FO3 it didn't. And considering how they went about that in FO3, I just don't expect a better explanation here.

Oh, going back to Argonians and Khajiit with digitigrade legs, do we have confirmation that these races will even be in? I recall reading something about Black Marsh and Elsweyr seceding from the empire and being at war with every other race, which to me sounds like an awfully convenient excuse not to have either of the beast races at all in Skyrim.
I seem to recall the Game Informer article mentioning 10 races. Although I wouldn't get my hopes up concerning digitgrade legs. That'd mean making extra animations. And if they can't be bothered to make spears, then I doubt they'll do this.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: February 05, 2011, 12:28:13 pm »

Cannons? Where would they get cannons? Tamriel has been in medieval stasis since the dwarves disappeared. If three thousand years of Imperial rule didn't bring about the discovery of gunpowder, why would the dark age following its collapse?

What does imperial rule have to do with it? All it takes is one alchemist lucky enough to stumble on the right forumula. It makes no difference who sits on the throne.

Maybe in The Elder Scrolls: Chapter VI: Dwemer Fortress: Histories of Empiricism and Blasphemy.

Oh I wish! :D

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: February 05, 2011, 12:35:17 pm »

Maybe it isn't possible. Afterall, we don't know how many of our real world laws of physics nirn follows. Even the dwemer still had ballistae, unless they did have some sort of gunpowder that I'm unaware of.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: February 05, 2011, 12:37:41 pm »

I think it's the simple fact that there's no drive to invent it, since there's alternatives already.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: February 05, 2011, 12:39:48 pm »

Dwemer satchels; you use them to break into new parts of a Dwemer complex in the Tribunal expansion. There's also a mod that fills in the blank here and makes them useful at all places your path is normally blocked by rubble.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: February 05, 2011, 12:59:04 pm »

also, pretty sure alchemists have things explode all the time, and tend to just write it off
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 201