Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 201

Author Topic: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 265438 times)

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #855 on: January 22, 2011, 04:11:37 am »

I'm curiuous as to what they are going to do for canon when it comes to Shivering Isles. They had the warp in the west to explain the six different endings for Daggerfall, how are they going to explain the new sheogorath without makeing a specific race and sex the canon Champion of Cyrodiil?

I'm imagining a Sheogorath that's half of each sex and 1/8th of each race. :p

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: January 22, 2011, 04:45:22 am »

Or just completely fuck with people's heads by saying it turned itself into a daedra somehow, either a known 'species' of daedra or something unique, and keeping it's sex androdgines.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: January 22, 2011, 04:48:00 am »

Why are you assuming dragons built anything or wanted anything built.

Because if it weren't their buildings, then that means they were vandalizing other people's buildings. Dragon graffiti artists are even funnier.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: January 22, 2011, 04:48:36 am »

Or they just clawed it into natural rock, like in caves or something.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: January 22, 2011, 04:55:07 am »

This article talk about "walls". I'm assuming it means built ones, since according to the lore dragons are actually supposed to live in, like, villages.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 08:29:49 am by Sordid »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: January 22, 2011, 05:01:00 am »

they might carve them into walls now, but presumably the writing system came before they started building things.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: January 22, 2011, 05:24:46 am »

I got lost and probably skipped through a page. When did we start talking about dragons writing on walls?
Edit: Nevermind, found it.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 05:50:53 am by Cheese »

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: January 22, 2011, 07:25:26 am »

@Sordid: that link is broken.
Pretty much any argument can be ended simply by the existence of magic.
Sigg'd
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 08:45:25 am by AntiAntiMatter »
[/post]

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: January 22, 2011, 08:30:14 am »

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: January 22, 2011, 11:40:01 am »

It'll be interesting to see how they implement the civil war. It'll be interesting if you can join up with a side and perform various quests that help it to win or perhaps are able to bring about peace and unite the two. It'd be nice as a big side quest, but I can see it being part of the main quest instead.

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: January 22, 2011, 01:07:50 pm »

It'll be interesting to see how they implement the civil war. It'll be interesting if you can join up with a side and perform various quests that help it to win or perhaps are able to bring about peace and unite the two. It'd be nice as a big side quest, but I can see it being part of the main quest instead.
That would be pretty cool. Especially if the war was fought in real time with ownership of towns and lands changing as it progresses, with you being able to influence what happens and how the war ends. It probably won't be there, but the idea is awesome, nonetheless.
[/post]

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: January 22, 2011, 01:10:21 pm »

The trouble with it would be the multiple outcomes and we'd likely end up with something like the warp in the west in Daggerfall to give all possible outcomes. Or perhaps the civil war will end with one guy being king anyway, no matter which side loses.

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: January 22, 2011, 01:11:44 pm »

Remember, guys: Mods.

The mods in Morrowind that gave us the Sixth House or the mods in Oblivion which let us play as Mythic Dawn.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #868 on: January 22, 2011, 02:07:22 pm »

The trouble with it would be the multiple outcomes and we'd likely end up with something like the warp in the west in Daggerfall to give all possible outcomes. Or perhaps the civil war will end with one guy being king anyway, no matter which side loses.

I think that every effort should be made to make this game a good one, rather than perpetuate a monotonous series.

For one thing, they could just set the next game annother hundred years in the future and say "While the first few decades of the new empire were shrouded in chaos, it is clear that without the help of The Dragonborn, the world would have fallen into a great dark age from which it still may not have recovered. As it is, we only know for certain that after 100 years, the new empire had become such and such of derpy herp..."
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: January 22, 2011, 02:26:52 pm »

That would be pretty cool. Especially if the war was fought in real time with ownership of towns and lands changing as it progresses, with you being able to influence what happens and how the war ends. It probably won't be there, but the idea is awesome, nonetheless.

No way that's going to happen. One of the one of the big points in the TES sandbox concept is that you can do the main quest when you feel like it. The story only advances when you do the quests.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 201