Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 201

Author Topic: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 265022 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #360 on: January 07, 2011, 07:03:24 pm »

I don't think it's sarcasm, going by CrownofFire's avatar.  c.c  Just saying.  :D  I'm looking forwards to it, I think it'd be neat to see how they handle it in this kind of game.
Ah, true. It seems I joke, still, and I'm quite sure I took it a bit too serious. What with the HMMM and all.

Love, scriver~

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #361 on: January 07, 2011, 09:17:06 pm »

I don't think it's sarcasm, going by CrownofFire's avatar.  c.c  Just saying.  :D  I'm looking forwards to it, I think it'd be neat to see how they handle it in this kind of game.
Ah, true. It seems I joke, still, and I'm quite sure I took it a bit too serious. What with the HMMM and all.
Don't worry about it, I was mostly just being silly. Mostly.

Really though, I hope they use dragons properly, and not just another generic monster #3067 that just happens to be a giant flying lizard that breathes fire.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 07, 2011, 09:49:19 pm »

If dragons are slightly more unique than the Daedra shrines in 'blivion, I'll be happy:  They're there, somewhere, they have unique stuff, they are individually lovingly rendered.  Etc.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Dagoth Urist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 07, 2011, 10:04:04 pm »

If dragons are slightly more unique than the Daedra shrines in 'blivion, I'll be happy:  They're there, somewhere, they have unique stuff, they are individually lovingly rendered.  Etc.
Really though, I hope they use dragons properly, and not just another generic monster #3067 that just happens to be a giant flying lizard that breathes fire.

That's exactly what I am afraid won't happen. Nothing would make me happier than proven wrong!

Then again; I don't dig dragons. They're done, and fantasy settings that have the bravado to not incorporate them are exceptional in my book.

Thanks for the answers, scriver. Why did MK go freelance to begin with, and are there any signs of him coming back?

- "Very well. If you are impatient to begin. Go ahead. You are the challenger. To you goes the first blow." -

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #364 on: January 07, 2011, 10:07:30 pm »

Then again; I don't dig dragons. They're done, and fantasy settings that have the bravado to not incorporate them are exceptional in my book.
>:(

I think the main problem is that nobody uses dragons correctly. They're always the same big scary monster thing.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 07, 2011, 10:39:01 pm »

Shadowrun dragons, now those were neat.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 07, 2011, 11:07:19 pm »

Quote from: Dagoth Urist link=topic=72838.msg1865349#msg1865349

Thanks for the answers, scriver. Why did MK go freelance to begin with, and are there any signs of him coming back?
I can't say. Maybe it was over differences on how to progress with the ES business, or maybe he just wanted more freedom to procede with other projects or careers. I find the latter more likely, personally.
Anyway, he still writes a lot of stuff for ghe games. For example, one of the earliest and in my mind heaviest evidence for V taking place in Skyrim was that MK started sharing prototype Nord lore with the community.
Love, scriver~

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 08, 2011, 12:10:20 am »

Shadowrun dragons, now those were neat.
They're the best. Ever read Dunkelzahn's will?

I think it's the best lore shadowrun has. Plus Dunkie probably dates all the way back to earthdawn.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 08, 2011, 01:07:07 am »

So Todd Howard was replying to questions about Leveled Lists. Looks like they're still in :< He does mention that they're going for more Fallout 3 style and less like Oblivion, but I can't help but think they're making the wrong choice using them at all.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 08, 2011, 01:08:49 am »

So Todd Howard was replying to questions about Leveled Lists. Looks like they're still in :< He does mention that they're going for more Fallout 3 style and less like Oblivion, but I can't help but think they're making the wrong choice using them at all.

Where are people answering questions on this game? I swear, I thought there would be some actual information on it but nobody knows anything.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 08, 2011, 03:40:56 am »

Todd Howard himself is a huge problem with Bethesda in my mind.  Most of the most idiotic, worrying, or simply false quotes related to the last two games they've made have come directly from him.  I'm amazed that people don't consider him akin to Peter Molyneux except for the possible fact that Peter's bullshit would be so much better if it were true.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 08, 2011, 06:52:43 am »

I think the main problem is that nobody uses dragons correctly. They're always the same big scary monster thing.
TES dragons are descendants of the Aedra, and also the avatar of Akatosh, a rather badass time-creating schizophrenic dragon god guy.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 08, 2011, 09:22:29 am »

TES dragons are descendants of the Aedra, and also the avatar of Akatosh, a rather badass time-creating schizophrenic dragon god guy.
...Well, all living things on Nirn are descendants of the Aedra... :P
Love, scriver~

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 08, 2011, 12:13:18 pm »

There's a Game Informer preview out on this. The new Radiant AI is "Radiant Story". It just reeks of how they talked about broad spectrum of significant choices before FO3 was released and turned out to be something only present in the demonstration town (Megaton).

The one person's face I saw in the screenshots looks better than the disfunctional people in Oblivion. Though the vegetation looks a bit smudgy up close enough.

Preview itself is terrible. Reads like an overly long advertisment.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 08, 2011, 12:29:24 pm »

But dragons are big scary monster things. They've always been the epitome of challenge, and so long as a game represents a dragon as being a unique and difficult challenge then it's done correctly. So long as fighting a dragon is unique in comparison to fighting the vast majority of other monsters, what with the whole flying around, weighing tons, being made of magic, and breathing fire, then it's not going to get much more well done.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 201