Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 201

Author Topic: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 265004 times)

Re: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2010, 04:17:15 pm »

What we know:-

1. The game has something to do with dragons maybe.
2. The Empire is collapsing without an Emperor.

That's about it.
The Ashikaga Dynasty - A Europa Universalis 3 Let's Play - Sadly Cancelled Due To Bugs

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2010, 04:18:58 pm »

That's about it.

3. And it is in Skyrim.
[/post]

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2010, 04:20:19 pm »

That's about it.

3. And it is in Skyrim.

Ahem...

AND

THERE IS A TOTALLY RADICAL NEW ENGINE!!! and it is AWSOME!!!

As for "Involving a dragon" isn't that just standard fanfare for Elder Scrolls?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2010, 04:24:02 pm »

I don't think there have ever been dragons in Elder Scrolls, just hints.  The closest we've gotten was Martin turning into one.
Shoes...

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2010, 04:29:16 pm »

Now I'm confused. I'm pretty sure someone confirmed it would be the same engine. Maybe when he says it will be a new engine he means it will be updated and awesome? He should have said "it will not be gamebryo" to make it more solid... ?

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2010, 04:30:05 pm »

I don't think there have ever been dragons in Elder Scrolls, just hints.  The closest we've gotten was Martin turning into one.

And that was only to become the avatar of Akatosh.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2010, 04:32:31 pm »

Now I'm confused. I'm pretty sure someone confirmed it would be the same engine. Maybe when he says it will be a new engine he means it will be updated and awesome? He should have said "it will not be gamebryo" to make it more solid... ?

It was just announced yesterday. All we have to go on right now is a trailer, a couple of announcements, and internet rumors. Do not obsess about it now.
[/post]

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2010, 04:33:39 pm »

There were dragons before the games in the timeline, but they went extinct. Akatosh's avatar is a dragon and he is considered the primary god of the nine divines.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2010, 04:34:53 pm »

Ahem.

Peryite, A daedra prince dragon. There's also a statue/shrine of him in oblivion. Doesn't count as a plain dragon, since he either became a daedra, or is a daedra that took the form of a dragon. If I remember well, the language that influenced him in Daggerfall was daedric and not draconic, which only worked on dragonlings, I think.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2010, 04:36:40 pm »

[Note: Never finished the main quest of oblivion, always got bored with it after getting the last book] [And yet I finished Fallout 3's main quest. Go figure.]

The player makes more sense as an avatar of Akatosh than anyone else, not as a character who gained Akatosh's power temporarily, but him in human/elf/whatever form. You see the world from outside the world, have meta-knowledge of reality, can reverse time, see the future, single-handedly postpone or entirely prevent the Oblivion invasion (by avoiding Kvatch and the road south of it) which you deduce using meta-knowledge, cause enemies to shoot arrows and throw spells at completely the wrong location, completely missing you, and your character is effectively unkillable due to your ability to reverse time even after dying. The only reason you can't prevent the catastrophic loss of the Amulet of Kings is because the game doesn't give you the option to say "Dude. I can't be killed. That amulet is far safer with me."

Were it possible, I would have never given the amulet to Jauffre, would have become a vampire and then gone and drank some of Martin's blood to gain Septim blood myself, thus fulfilling the requirements for wearing the Amulet. Then I would have theoretically been able to end the Oblivion invasion myself.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2010, 04:37:11 pm »

Maybe someone found a way to bring dragons back...

... and also brought back dwarves/dwemer... =o

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2010, 04:39:10 pm »

then gone and drank some of Martin's blood to gain Septim blood myself, thus fulfilling the requirements for wearing the Amulet

I don't think that is how Vampires work.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2010, 04:42:20 pm »

Maybe the only actual dragon that will be in it is the akaviri leader, and the akaviri are invading skyrim?
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2010, 04:44:44 pm »

Maybe the only actual dragon that will be in it is the akaviri leader, and the akaviri are invading skyrim?
I will be sad with only one dragon. I want dragons flying all over the place. And and... become a dragon as well. and and... invade skyrim myself.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2010, 04:45:05 pm »

Well fukken transfusion then. I believe there are more than enough people in Dementia happy to do it for you.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 201