Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 201

Author Topic: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 265169 times)

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #420 on: January 09, 2011, 12:28:53 pm »

They're made of magic more than nearly every other creature.

Says who?

Their ability to impregnate every creature in existence stems not from their loins.

Wait, what? :-\

Can we all agree what ever game made by bethseda is worth the money.

No way. Oblivion was worth squat and I honestly regret getting it, and I didn't even bother pirating Fallout 3. Yes, that's right, their latest game was worth less than nothing to me.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: January 09, 2011, 12:31:47 pm »

Their ability to impregnate every creature in existence stems not from their loins.

Wait, what? :-\
Half-dragon this, half-dragon that. Want to make some critter more intimidating? Add some dragon into the mix. Pretty prevalent in DnD if I remember correctly.

This is a power shared only by humans.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 09, 2011, 02:21:49 pm »

Sounds good. I don't like the return of level-scaling, though, nor do I like the idea of random-quests much.

What the....

What forums do you think your on!?!

Were on the bay12 forums for godsakes >_<
It worked for DF. That does not mean it will work for Skyrim.
[/post]

Javarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 09, 2011, 02:36:44 pm »

Sounds good. I don't like the return of level-scaling, though, nor do I like the idea of random-quests much.

What the....

Actually, Ill agree to that.
“When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool you end up looking like a moron instead.”
― Robin Hobb, Assassin's Apprentice

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 09, 2011, 03:02:13 pm »

It doesn't mean it won't work either. It might add some variety and replayability. I'm willing to give it a chance.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: January 09, 2011, 03:11:27 pm »

What the....

It did work for Daggerfall, though. Sort of. But seriously I wouldn't mind an infinite number of simple kill person X in dungeon Y as long as it's made clear you're taking on a randomly generated quest and there are normal, unique quests beyond that.

There's numerous bigger problems than that. Level-scaling included.

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 09, 2011, 03:20:43 pm »

But seriously I wouldn't mind an infinite number of simple kill person X in dungeon Y as long as it's made clear you're taking on a randomly generated quest and there are normal, unique quests beyond that.

There's numerous bigger problems than that. Level-scaling included.
Neither would I. I'm simply worried that the end result will be far too many randomly generated quests and not enough unique ones. Level-scaling is a far bigger problem.
[/post]

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #427 on: January 09, 2011, 03:28:40 pm »

As long as they only level-scale big important plot points, it will be fine. But knowing how they did in Oblivion, that doesn't seem likely...

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 09, 2011, 04:53:51 pm »

As long as they only level-scale big important plot points, it will be fine. But knowing how they did in Oblivion, that doesn't seem likely...

Actually I'd go the exact opposite way, with plot quests being completely static. The level scaling of plot quests was exactly what broke Oblivion and made it possible (and actually easier) to finish the game on level 1. Scaling itself isn't really bad in and or itself. Morrowind had it, as did Daggerfall. It's how and where it's used. There need to be limits on it, which wasn't the case in Oblivion.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #429 on: January 09, 2011, 05:11:30 pm »

Actually I'd go the exact opposite way, with plot quests being completely static. The level scaling of plot quests was exactly what broke Oblivion and made it possible (and actually easier) to finish the game on level 1. Scaling itself isn't really bad in and or itself. Morrowind had it, as did Daggerfall. It's how and where it's used. There need to be limits on it, which wasn't the case in Oblivion.
I suggest level-scaling BIG plot points. You know, like a final boss or something. You don't want to get to the end boss and be screwed over because you didn't level enough, do you?

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 09, 2011, 05:19:07 pm »

I suggest level-scaling BIG plot points. You know, like a final boss or something. You don't want to get to the end boss and be screwed over because you didn't level enough, do you?
I do. And everything leading up to the boss shouldn't be scaled so that you know what you're getting into and will get screwed if you continue.

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 09, 2011, 05:22:59 pm »

No, but I would like some realism. My level 1 character should not be able to slaughter the final boss. On the other hand, if you need to get to x level to get the quest to slaughter the boss, that makes sense.
[/post]

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 09, 2011, 05:28:18 pm »

Hard level caps are always a bad idea. Hard stat caps are a bit better, but also a bad idea. If your stats are not high enough the NPC tells you that it's a suicide mission but sends you anyway, that is best.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #433 on: January 09, 2011, 05:43:34 pm »

Hard level caps are always a bad idea. Hard stat caps are a bit better, but also a bad idea. If your stats are not high enough the NPC tells you that it's a suicide mission but sends you anyway, that is best.
Yeah, I like the sound of this one if anything.

I really don't like the sound of going over the level of the boss though. Makes for a rather anticlimactic battle if you kill him in a few hits.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 09, 2011, 05:45:27 pm »

Boss scales to your level if you are above the level he is set to. He will always be a challenge. Bosses for dungeons and stuff can have a hard upper limit to how much they will scale up. They never scale down to your level.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 201