Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 201

Author Topic: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 265292 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #255 on: December 14, 2010, 10:34:41 pm »

I felt like it wasn't as much a prophecy where one person is destined to win, as just a set of requirements someone would eventually have to fulfill and beat Dagoth Ur.  I'm not sure how there's a difference there, but I felt a difference.

After playing through the game I felt that your presence in the main storyline is quite superfluous.

You seem rather unimportant in the grand scheme of things and the only reason your needed is mostly due to the incompetence of everyone else.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 14, 2010, 11:10:17 pm »

The only thing that kept me from fully enjoying Morrowind were some of the visuals. I could never get over the feeling I was playing some sort of weird, medieval Star Wars RPG. Oblivion was the complete opposite. The visuals were really the only super compelling thing about that game.

Really?  I felt the exact opposite.  Oblivion's visuals were dull as hell and didn't even match with the series own lore while Morrowind's were fascinating.

I felt like it wasn't as much a prophecy where one person is destined to win, as just a set of requirements someone would eventually have to fulfill and beat Dagoth Ur.  I'm not sure how there's a difference there, but I felt a difference.

After playing through the game I felt that your presence in the main storyline is quite superfluous.

You seem rather unimportant in the grand scheme of things and the only reason your needed is mostly due to the incompetence of everyone else.

That's about how I felt in Oblivion.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 14, 2010, 11:14:16 pm »

The only thing that kept me from fully enjoying Morrowind were some of the visuals. I could never get over the feeling I was playing some sort of weird, medieval Star Wars RPG. Oblivion was the complete opposite. The visuals were really the only super compelling thing about that game.

Really?  I felt the exact opposite.  Oblivion's visuals were dull as hell and didn't even match with the series own lore while Morrowind's were fascinating.

While, the ones in Shivering Isles were pretty awesome, but for the most part, it was Middle-Earth ripoff all the way, while everything I've seen in Morrowind looks interesting.
[/post]

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 14, 2010, 11:15:32 pm »

Name a game with prettier grassy, flowery landscapes to ride through on horseback, with rocks jutting out of hillsides that overlook the countryside to sit on.  My screenshot key was busy that day.

(No, really, I'd like you to.  I would appreciate knowing about them!)
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 14, 2010, 11:57:24 pm »

riding through the Marsh Swamps on a back of a guar eating a piece of horse meat. thats a view with the wilderness sounds mod as a bonus.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 15, 2010, 12:55:41 am »

Hmm now I think I'm getting an urge to play Morrowind (with expansions probably) again, I never finished it. What mods would people suggest for it?

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 15, 2010, 01:03:08 am »

Name a game with prettier grassy, flowery landscapes to ride through on horseback, with rocks jutting out of hillsides that overlook the countryside to sit on.  My screenshot key was busy that day.

(No, really, I'd like you to.  I would appreciate knowing about them!)

Watching an ad for imported New Zealand milk?

Oh you meant game...

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 15, 2010, 01:24:52 am »

I keep reading the title as"Elder Scrolls Vs Skyrim"

FIGHT!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 15, 2010, 01:27:21 am »

I keep doing that too.
Shoes...

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 15, 2010, 02:17:11 am »

I see a kind of a reverse duck smiley. Or a duck on wheels. Anyway.

Mount&Blade probably provides quite pretty landscapes from time to time, but the landscape views in Oblivion are one of its very few redeeming traits. For just about everything else (physics and smoother animations are also nice) I'd rather play Morrowind.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 15, 2010, 02:23:20 am »

Mount&Blade probably provides quite pretty landscapes from time to time, but the landscape views in Oblivion are one of its very few redeeming traits. For just about everything else (physics and smoother animations are also nice) I'd rather play Morrowind.

Yeah. It actually captured the sense of being out in the wild, scaling a hill, clamoring over rocks....to see what's on the other side. And you're like, "Oh a ruins, SWEET" when you get to the top.

But then it turns out to be the most boring ruins evar.

Morrowind has nothing on Oblivion in terms of topography. I found traveling in Morrowind to be some what of a bore. And while I appreciated Morrowind's unique style, in some places it just got too alien for me. (Never played Daggerfall or w/e.)
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 15, 2010, 02:57:19 am »

Yeah. It actually captured the sense of being out in the wild, scaling a hill, clamoring over rocks....to see what's on the other side. And you're like, "Oh a ruins, SWEET" when you get to the top.

But then it turns out to be the most boring ruins evar.

Morrowind has nothing on Oblivion in terms of topography. I found traveling in Morrowind to be some what of a bore. And while I appreciated Morrowind's unique style, in some places it just got too alien for me. (Never played Daggerfall or w/e.)

Weird, when I walked around Oblivion I wasn't surprised by anything topographical in nature because it all appeared from several meters away on my magic compass.  In the beginning when I hadn't realized how craptacular it was I was like,  Oh look ruins on the compass, let's go see them!  Oh, wow... A bunch of nameless crazy people trying to kill me...  Well that was fun, oh look another ruin... full of crazy people trying to kill me...  Huh... oh look, another ruin full of nameless crazy people trying to kill me... and I'm pretty sure I killed several of them already before.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Kitsunin

• Bay Watcher
  • Om Nom Nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 15, 2010, 02:59:04 am »

Edit: Nevermind, I read that wrong.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 15, 2010, 09:00:33 am »

I agree that Morrowind had good visuals. I actually felt like I was in some strange, fantastical, alien landscape, yet one that I could believe existed. Oblivion is way too generic-medieval-England-with-horses-and-grasslands for me.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 201