Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 201

Author Topic: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 266158 times)

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
Re: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #2250 on: June 10, 2011, 07:32:55 pm »

a super mutant problem like in FO1 (even though it's like a hundred years later and it doesn't make sense).

What do you mean, it doesn't it make sense? The surviving Supermutants started going east after FO1, who says after a hundred years they haven't reached D.C. by then?
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: June 10, 2011, 07:35:17 pm »

They're making more in DC when you arrive, and the ones you meet are 'Eastern' Super Mutants.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: June 10, 2011, 08:22:09 pm »

Vault 87 (which is in D.C.) was supplied with a large amount of FEV, and then as part of the Vault Experiment people there were injected with it in 2077.

Flash-forward 200 years later, and they're capturing people to turn them into more Supermutants.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 08:27:51 pm by 612DwarfAvenue »
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: June 11, 2011, 12:07:52 am »

The surviving Supermutants started going east after FO1, who says after a hundred years they haven't reached D.C. by then?

Different Super Mutants.

The Capital Wasteland's FEV created a mutant variant who'd grow bigger and dumber than even the dumbest, to quote Tabitha, Dumb-Dumbs.
They were created separately and escaped took over on their own... which makes Virtz's claim indecipherable to me.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: June 11, 2011, 12:20:45 am »

One thing that doesn't make sense, if these mutants are so freaking stupid compared to the western ones, and they get dumber as they get older (so they got no leadership to speak of), how can they manage to gear up, manage the mutant conversion process, and use something that resembles tactics in combat...

I mean, they're explicitly dumber than their cousins, too dumb to be any real coordinated threat to the Wasteland.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: June 11, 2011, 12:28:32 am »

One thing that doesn't make sense, if these mutants are so freaking stupid compared to the western ones, and they get dumber as they get older (so they got no leadership to speak of), how can they manage to gear up, manage the mutant conversion process, and use something that resembles tactics in combat...

I mean, they're explicitly dumber than their cousins, too dumb to be any real coordinated threat to the Wasteland.
It's basically the zombie effect, sure they're stupid but there is just so damn many of them, and there a bitch to take down.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: June 11, 2011, 12:30:58 am »

It's basically the zombie effect, sure they're stupid but there is just so damn many of them, and there a bitch to take down.

Yes but they have to understand how to work their mutant-making equipment, and procure high-tech weapons and ammo, not to mention fix/reload it as necessary.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: June 11, 2011, 12:33:41 am »

The surviving Supermutants started going east after FO1, who says after a hundred years they haven't reached D.C. by then?

Different Super Mutants.

The Capital Wasteland's FEV created a mutant variant who'd grow bigger and dumber than even the dumbest, to quote Tabitha, Dumb-Dumbs.
They were created separately and escaped took over on their own... which makes Virtz's claim indecipherable to me.

Vault 87 (which is in D.C.) was supplied with a large amount of FEV, and then as part of the Vault Experiment people there were injected with it in 2077.

Flash-forward 200 years later, and they're capturing people to turn them into more Supermutants.

Already corrected myself :P.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: June 11, 2011, 01:01:13 am »

Yes but they have to understand how to work their mutant-making equipment, and procure high-tech weapons and ammo, not to mention fix/reload it as necessary.

Cavemen.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: June 11, 2011, 05:43:54 am »

a super mutant problem like in FO1 (even though it's like a hundred years later and it doesn't make sense).

What do you mean, it doesn't it make sense? The surviving Supermutants started going east after FO1, who says after a hundred years they haven't reached D.C. by then?
The brackets are supposed to refer to the entire sentence, though I guess it doesn't look like it. The hundred years later part refers strictly to the water problem and the not making sense part refers to all of them. It's just all shoved in there to make it "Fallout".

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If it was any one of these just slipped in there to reference the previous games or something, then it would've probably been ok. But this is essentially screaming "Hey, morons! Look! It's Fallout! Really! There's BOS, Super Mutants, a water problem and the Enclave! It's Fallout!". It also suggests that there's completely nothing of interest outside of what we've seen in the West coast to the extent that the stuff from the West coast must be brought in to make the East coast interesting at all.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: June 11, 2011, 06:04:24 am »

Interesting things of note:
John Henry Eden, President of the Enclave, President of America, President... of your heart.
Liberty Prime
Galaxy News Radio
Swimming in the river
Various vaults

Most Disappointing Thing to Happen in Fallout 3:
"Oh cool, I get to be a Vault Loyalty Inspector! This is gonna be an awesome game about being the Man in a repressive Vault, and..." [Fade out to Amata waking you up years later because the Vault Security and the Overseer all want to kill you.] "Whaaaat."
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

jmancube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: June 11, 2011, 11:57:43 am »

Don't forget nuking megaton, that was pretty satisfying. The most disappointing thing to happen to FO3 for me is the fact that it refuses to work well on my PC for longer than an  hour or two before crashing.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: June 11, 2011, 12:11:06 pm »

Cavemen.

Cavemen were actually quite smart and had great problem-solving capabilities, and they invented a bunch of stuff to make things easier for them. They also painted.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: June 11, 2011, 12:53:33 pm »

Speaking of not Minecraft related, I got to see the Skyrim demo (thanks, Tim), and it’s freaking amazing. While the dragons in the demo were obviously scripted (he knew exactly where they would land and such), they claim they’re fully dynamic and unscripted in the full game.

from the notch blog.

I don't know if this is good (they claim dragons will be fully dynamic) or bad (they're actually not).

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: June 11, 2011, 12:56:13 pm »

remember what they said about radiant AI?
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 201