Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 201

Author Topic: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 266159 times)

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
Re: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #1785 on: March 03, 2011, 02:21:05 am »

My god. It's full of ponies. 0_0

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: March 03, 2011, 10:16:42 am »

My god. It's full of ponies. 0_0
Pegasus and Unicorns too... there is even the exotic race of Zebra.  The other races fear them for their non-bright colors and foreign ways.

Baby dragon familiars may or may not be a playable race or just pets.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: March 03, 2011, 10:35:03 am »

No no no, the baby dragon is clearly Dovahkiin.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: March 03, 2011, 11:29:26 am »

I think I would play this version if they made it so.

I can't stop laughing. This is strangely excellent.

I... It's... I cant' find words. Strangely excellent comes roughly halfway towards the feeling I get. Maybe intriguingly awesome? The strange thing, I think, is that a TV-series like that does not look immediately like utter garbage. I am a little bit ashamed to admit it, actually.

But to be honest, pretty much anything would be epic to that soundtrack. Say what you will of Bethesda, but they certainly know how to make really fitting music.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: March 03, 2011, 11:37:56 am »

That is taking clips from a TV series that stands tall on it's own merits.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: March 03, 2011, 12:51:46 pm »

Say what you will of Bethesda, but they certainly know how to make really fitting music.

To be quite fair, they've been using the same piece of music for almost ten years now. But hey, it's so awesome that I don't mind if they mine it for every bit that it's got to give.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: March 03, 2011, 12:56:15 pm »

Say what you will of Bethesda, but they certainly know how to make really fitting music.

To be quite fair, they've been using the same piece of music for almost ten years now. But hey, it's so awesome that I don't mind if they mine it for every bit that it's got to give.
It's the series theme tune now. It's likely not going to go.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: March 03, 2011, 01:09:17 pm »

The strange thing, I think, is that a TV-series like that does not look immediately like utter garbage. I am a little bit ashamed to admit it, actually.
To avoid threadjacking, there's a thread on the show here.

Reigning things back to the discussion at hand, however... is there any evidence of horses or other mounted transportation in Skyrim? If so, here's hoping they implement some form of mounted combat.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: March 03, 2011, 01:10:42 pm »

And i think the choirs add something epic to it, i get shivers down my spine when it goes "dragonborn!".

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: March 03, 2011, 01:17:07 pm »

And I think the choirs add something epic to it, I get shivers down my spine when it goes "dragonborn!".
I like the sound of the shouts. Hopefully Skryim will be as epic as the trailers

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: March 03, 2011, 01:33:51 pm »

Yeah, like epic battle music when an aggrevated mudcrab comes your way. Fitting.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: March 03, 2011, 02:26:07 pm »

is there any evidence of horses or other mounted transportation in Skyrim? If so, here's hoping they implement some form of mounted combat.
There's a horse in the trailer, although it's just standing there. But it'd be weird to have horses that aren't mountable, so I assume horse riding will be back. No word yet on mounted combat, though.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: March 03, 2011, 03:56:57 pm »

I like the sound of the shouts. Hopefully Skryim will be as epic as the trailers

I will consider the game a complete failure if people can't think of a word less hackneyed than "epic" in order to describe it.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: March 03, 2011, 04:00:27 pm »

I will consider the game a complete failure if people can't think of a word less hackneyed than "epic" in order to describe it.

Hopefully Skyrim will be as Iliadic as the trailers.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: March 03, 2011, 04:09:47 pm »

Yea, it'll be a total failure if people don't use obscure riddles to describe it.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 201