Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 201

Author Topic: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 266122 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #1770 on: February 28, 2011, 03:03:01 pm »

As long as there's an inexplicable statuelike face in the fjords up there, I'm happy.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: February 28, 2011, 03:54:59 pm »

At least skyrim is at least a bit more realistic then the other game's geography, morrowind has probably the most butchered and deformed terrain I've ever seen, albeit one of the most awesome ones.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1772 on: February 28, 2011, 04:03:45 pm »

It's unrealistic terrain, but you can't see it, so it seems OK.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: February 28, 2011, 04:45:50 pm »

Looking at the map, I seriously doubt we're going to get fjords, although that would be awesome.

Considering the geography of Tamriel - and probably all of Nirn - is pretty unrealistic, I think that's a piece of lore I'd be happy to see butchered for the sake of eye-candy.

Well yeah. Bethsoft made up a whole island out of whole cloth for Bloodmoon, and that turned out to be pretty awesome. We'll see.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: March 01, 2011, 01:56:52 pm »

EPIC. :D

GaelicVigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: March 01, 2011, 05:24:24 pm »

Just got done watching this two part analysis on the trailer (nearly 2 hours).  Revealed a lot I didn't notice before. 

I'll also plug for this guy's Morrowind Let's Plays - they're amazing.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: March 01, 2011, 06:29:21 pm »

I skipped the first part after ten minutes of official info recap. I stopped listening to the second part when he gave Bethsoft kudos for finally including window lighting. Listening to the community, going with the times, etc. Guy has obviously never played Daggerfall.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: March 01, 2011, 06:59:27 pm »

Daggerfall was published in 1996. People who were three when Daggerfall came out are turning 18 this year. That is old enough to vote, join the army or become a prostitute. There are a lot of people who've never played daggerfall, and no matter how much you shout, they're not going to get off your lawn. :P

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: March 01, 2011, 07:24:18 pm »

Daggerfall was published in 1996. People who were three when Daggerfall came out are turning 18 this year. That is old enough to vote, join the army or become a prostitute. There are a lot of people who've never played daggerfall, and no matter how much you shout, they're not going to get off your lawn. :P
dude im 19 tomorrow, how is that possible?
redacted
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 07:26:47 pm by Tellemurius »

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: March 01, 2011, 07:26:02 pm »

Psh, shouting is an obsolete technology. Sprinkler system + motion sensors = whippersnapper-free lawn.
Anyway, my point was that if he's going to compare Skyrim to its predecessors, then he damn well better know them. Plus he sounds like he's stoned and makes no effort whatsoever to organize his video in any way. I mean, you're going to do a two hour long presentation with no notes? Just off the top of your head? Well in that case it's going to end up exactly as it did. If you don't care enough to at least put the basic points on a piece of paper so that you don't have to go "gee, I sure hope I won't forget too much of what I want to talk about", then I in turn don't care about what you have to say.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: March 01, 2011, 10:15:25 pm »

He actually made a couple Daggerfall videos as well, and the first image i saw just clicking one of them was a lit window, so your argument is invalid :p

I've watched most of his videos and they're ok, i think he's fun to listen to. (And his native language is french, so maybe thats why he sounds "stoned" to you).

GaelicVigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: March 02, 2011, 12:03:54 pm »

Psh, shouting is an obsolete technology. Sprinkler system + motion sensors = whippersnapper-free lawn.
Anyway, my point was that if he's going to compare Skyrim to its predecessors, then he damn well better know them. Plus he sounds like he's stoned and makes no effort whatsoever to organize his video in any way. I mean, you're going to do a two hour long presentation with no notes? Just off the top of your head? Well in that case it's going to end up exactly as it did. If you don't care enough to at least put the basic points on a piece of paper so that you don't have to go "gee, I sure hope I won't forget too much of what I want to talk about", then I in turn don't care about what you have to say.

You've got to understand his "style" before passing judgement on him.  He plays games from a completely blank slate perspective, unlike most "Let's Players" that meta-game the hell out of everything.  His rule of thumb is to never use spoilers, use walkthrouhgs, or  even listen to community advice.  He plays games learning everything as he goes along and streams his reactions through his videos.

He has played Daggerfall, but only for a short time so he doesn't know all the nuances that most experienced TES players know about it.  I think his style is actually nice, he gives us unadulterated reactions to what happens to him in his games.  So his opinon, unfettered by preconceived notions about the genre, is actually pretty valuable to me.  I prefer it much more to all of the scripted/slanted crap you get from most people reviewing games.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 12:06:10 pm by GaelicVigil »

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: March 02, 2011, 01:38:48 pm »

Well maybe I'd gone into it with a skewed expectation of what it would be. When you said he points out stuff you didn't notice, I sort of expected a detailed analysis by a hardcore TES fan. Now that the misunderstanding's been cleared up, I think I'll give it another go.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: March 03, 2011, 12:13:25 am »

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 201