Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 201

Author Topic: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 266059 times)

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #1740 on: February 25, 2011, 08:35:26 pm »

If that happens when you hit a cliff edge this game will glitch SO much
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: February 25, 2011, 08:41:18 pm »

I'd rather not assume too much until release about how "dynamic" things are. Remember Radiant AI?
Emphasis on this. Or rather, in before "Well, this was real, but it worked wrong, so we removed it.".

Also, too much of the stuff in this trailer is obvious cinematics. For example, do you imagine your character suddenly stopping at a cliff edge and looking down with his hand stretched out in actual gameplay? Or him rising from zombie stance (what is he doing there looking at the ground after blocking anyway?) to look at his opponent? Or suddenly stopping after an upward slash to pant dramatically while looking backwards?

Also the part where he sucks in the dragon's soul or something looks higher quality, like it's not even in-engine anymore when they do the terrain shot with the other dragon.

Sprinting is confirmed to be in, if you sprint to the edge of a cliff, it's assumed that will happen.

I will not buy this game if running to the edge of a cliff does not cause you to fall off.

I'm having fond flashbacks of jumping off the Seyda Neen lighthouse, hitting the ground with a loud CRUNCH noise and nearly dying, and hearing a little hallelujah noise (or whatever the sound was) with a message notifying me that my Acrobatics skill has gone up.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: February 25, 2011, 08:51:32 pm »

I'm having flashbacks of the scaling of Red Mountain using the jump button exclusively.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: February 25, 2011, 08:52:13 pm »

I'm having flashbacks of the scaling of Red Mountain using the jump button exclusively.
phht, try it with spawnloads of epic levitate potions.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: February 25, 2011, 09:03:43 pm »

This pretty much describes my reaction to the trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9eGtyqz4gY
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: February 25, 2011, 09:13:34 pm »

I'm having fond flashbacks of jumping off the Seyda Neen lighthouse, hitting the ground with a loud CRUNCH noise and nearly dying, and hearing a little hallelujah noise (or whatever the sound was) with a message notifying me that my Acrobatics skill has gone up.

Those were good times. I did the same thing in Vivec, dropping from one level to the next one down without using slowfall or levitation.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: February 25, 2011, 09:14:01 pm »

This pretty much describes my reaction to the trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9eGtyqz4gY
well, that made my night XD

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: February 25, 2011, 09:33:45 pm »

well, that made my night XD
I loled. But my was akin to the sane person in the restaurant.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: February 25, 2011, 11:16:42 pm »

Yes, I know what that phrase means, and like I said, those two outfits seem almost completely identical to me.
As for the greatcoat, that looks nothing like the pictures to me. That doesn't either.
That second one is actually what I was thinking of, and differs only in the color and length of the half-cape bit on the back from the second picture at least. Of course, it does sort of look like that one ends above the knee, too, so there's another huge difference from the first image (and the greatcoat). The only similarities between them are the hood, the half-cape/shawl bit, and the sword belt. It's like saying two soldiers in metal armor look almost identical because both have breastplates. ::)
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: February 26, 2011, 05:52:44 am »

It's much more interesting to fight something whose motives you know and oppose (or maybe even support! Now that would be a first for a TES game, you actually siding with the designated bad guys!) than something that just randomly invades "for the evulz".
What're you on about, I for one was always rooting for the Sixth House.
Well, maybe not. But at least they're honest about their intentions to make you into a zombie with its face missing, unlike the 'good' guys who just lie to you and use you as a pawn. Plus destroying the Heart was such a grand waste. Azura's such a bitch. First she has a whole race of people wiped out because she finds it offensive that they dare to try and understand the world they live in, and then she just uses you to finish the job and get back at the guys who backstabbed her. Not to mention destroy a source of divine power and knowledge, thus condemning the mortal races to remain ignorant and powerless and at the mercy and whim of the et'Ada. Yeah, good job, hero.

I didn't mean it'd be the first time anyone actually sympathized with the designated bad guys, but that it'd be a firts for the TES series if you could walk up to the head dragon honcho and say something like "You know what? This whole eating the world thing you've got going on, it sounds pretty sweet. I want in."
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: February 26, 2011, 05:57:15 am »

It's much more interesting to fight something whose motives you know and oppose (or maybe even support! Now that would be a first for a TES game, you actually siding with the designated bad guys!) than something that just randomly invades "for the evulz".
What're you on about, I for one was always rooting for the Sixth House.
Well, maybe not. But at least they're honest about their intentions to make you into a zombie with its face missing, unlike the 'good' guys who just lie to you and use you as a pawn. Plus destroying the Heart was such a grand waste. Azura's such a bitch. First she has a whole race of people wiped out because she finds it offensive that they dare to try and understand the world they live in, and then she just uses you to finish the job and get back at the guys who backstabbed her. Not to mention destroy a source of divine power and knowledge, thus condemning the mortal races to remain ignorant and powerless and at the mercy and whim of the et'Ada. Yeah, good job, hero.

I didn't mean it'd be the first time anyone actually sympathized with the designated bad guys, but that it'd be a firts for the TES series if you could walk up to the head dragon honcho and say something like "You know what? This whole eating the world thing you've got going on, it sounds pretty sweet. I want in."

It's not a choice though. If Alduin wants to eat you, he will. Being able to make pacts with daedra lords however, would be cool.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: February 26, 2011, 06:18:09 am »

Wait what... Okay, time for me to read though the entire thread... Still, if its set in skyrim and thats where the nord are..
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1752 on: February 26, 2011, 12:46:07 pm »

Well, you are the Dragonborn. Maybe if you get a lot of power, you may ultimately be able to take over the whole dragon thing and eat everything.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: February 26, 2011, 12:51:22 pm »

The <annoying wood elf of Skyrim> will probably stop the eating as he will keep respawning.

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: February 26, 2011, 06:55:26 pm »

Which is why the game will ultimately resolve to you attempting to kill a wood elf who is constantly respawning in the void. Since you destroyed everything else.

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 201