Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 201

Author Topic: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 265618 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #1020 on: January 30, 2011, 01:11:55 pm »

that just proved a point, technically through Shivering Isles Sheogorath becomes Jyggalag the god of order as he was originally and the hero of Cyrodill is now the god  of madness

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: January 30, 2011, 01:14:55 pm »

It proves nothing; fiction, remember? But I think it's something that's going to take time, and I think that it is also a new thing. When was the last time a mortal managed to achieve becoming a Deadric Prince? Hm...wiki time.

Edit: To be more specific, I'm talking about actually taking the position of the previous god. Not leeching off of it like the Tribunal and Dagoth Ur were...and of course, who would want to take the place of a dissected god?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 01:20:23 pm by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: January 30, 2011, 01:24:55 pm »

that just proved a point, technically through Shivering Isles Sheogorath becomes Jyggalag the god of order as he was originally and the hero of Cyrodill is now the god  of madness
I think when the player becomes that they simply inherit the title. The realm of madness just seems to be a small realm that Jyggalag made as his own prison. And while you technically become the owner of that realm it's sort of a realm nobody wants and was simply made to punish one of the Daedric princes.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: January 30, 2011, 01:32:54 pm »

well who else is going to give you the poking stick then :P

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: January 30, 2011, 01:51:57 pm »

It proves nothing; fiction, remember? But I think it's something that's going to take time, and I think that it is also a new thing. When was the last time a mortal managed to achieve becoming a Deadric Prince? Hm...wiki time.

Edit: To be more specific, I'm talking about actually taking the position of the previous god. Not leeching off of it like the Tribunal and Dagoth Ur were...and of course, who would want to take the place of a dissected god?

wasn't Talos human? but that was an aedra, which is both quite the same thing a daedra and also completely different. Arkay, allegedly, was too human.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: January 30, 2011, 01:55:46 pm »

Talos was human, they threw him in the Divine nine and called him a hero god

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: January 30, 2011, 02:04:28 pm »

Talos was human, they threw him in the Divine nine and called him a hero god
so not actually an immortal one? the other one was elevated as aedra by another one so should have become a fully fledged god

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: January 30, 2011, 02:09:28 pm »

I aways found it silly that spears were never widely used in TES. Spears are much easier and cheaper to make then a sword, and easier to use also, apart from making decent makeshift throwing weapons and gave you the lenght advantage. Hey look, its a highway man, trying to mug me! Why is he in full heavy armor and carrying a sword, is he some kind of crazy rich bandit?

Swords are expensive to make and requires actual training to be used effectively.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: January 30, 2011, 02:19:21 pm »

wasn't Talos human? but that was an aedra, which is both quite the same thing a daedra and also completely different.

If you take Mankar Camoran's rant seriously, there might be something to it. He claims Nirn is just another Daedric plane, one that originally belonged to Lorkhan. Lorkhan's typically identified as an Aedra too, which could mean that either Camoran's just wrong or perhaps there isn't really all that much difference between the two.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 02:20:56 pm by Sordid »

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1029 on: January 30, 2011, 02:36:00 pm »

I aways found it silly that spears were never widely used in TES. Spears are much easier and cheaper to make then a sword, and easier to use also, apart from making decent makeshift throwing weapons and gave you the lenght advantage. Hey look, its a highway man, trying to mug me! Why is he in full heavy armor and carrying a sword, is he some kind of crazy rich bandit?

Swords are expensive to make and requires actual training to be used effectively.
Spears are rather large though, not something a bandit wants. They probably want to be quick, probably use a dagger.

Oh, and not trying to rob somebody that is wearing full armor helps too :P

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: January 30, 2011, 02:44:36 pm »

wasn't Talos human? but that was an aedra, which is both quite the same thing a daedra and also completely different.

If you take Mankar Camoran's rant seriously, there might be something to it. He claims Nirn is just another Daedric plane, one that originally belonged to Lorkhan. Lorkhan's typically identified as an Aedra too, which could mean that either Camoran's just wrong or perhaps there isn't really all that much difference between the two.

well, there are other hints about lorkham being the mundus conceptualizer, if not creator. also, most planes are of daedric origin, the fact that nirm just happens to be one of them makes sense, mostly because it was originated by aedra. the only notable difference is that nirm life is imbued by aedra spirits, but that is notable only because it's not specified what drives life on other planes

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: January 30, 2011, 02:45:15 pm »

Spears are rather large though, not something a bandit wants. They probably want to be quick, probably use a dagger.

Oh, and not trying to rob somebody that is wearing full armor helps too :P

Robbing someone in full armor is easy if you have the right tools. Notably, an arbalest. Or a few, if you're not all that accurate. Hide in a bush, and punch a bolt through and through the tin-plated bugger. Of course, since Oblivion doesn't HAVE crossbows, and I doubt Skyrim will, this is a moot point

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: January 30, 2011, 02:46:28 pm »

A bandit would probably want a bow/crossbow, plus a shortsword/dagger for melee.
[/post]

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: January 30, 2011, 02:49:21 pm »

Lorhkan was Aedra but the the gods ripped out his divine spark, Talos supposedly becaome god after death and became the god of war.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: January 30, 2011, 03:54:49 pm »

Elves like the Nerevarine can live up to 1000 years.

Doesn't the corprus render him immortal, regardless of race?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Divayth Fyr implied that the the corprus disease made him clinically immortal and immune to all disease. And he should know, being millenia old himself.

Assuming that the corprus disease didn't stop working when Dagoth Ur died or something silly like that. The divine deeds done with the Heart of Lorkhan had quite a bit of permanence, didn't they? Well, the Ministry of Truth crashed into Vivec City, but the Almsivi did other stuff too, and they didn't blink out of existence the moment the Heart was smashed.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 201