Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Paradise?  (Read 2348 times)

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paradise?
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2010, 07:23:14 am »

Might indeed have to do with savagery. At least I never had to deal with Bogeys and GDSs at the same time (and I get GDSs a lot, my worlds ar all >50% savage / terrifying desert).

You're going to have to share with me how you are generated a world with so much desert. :)
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2010, 03:51:08 pm »

To the distant west... is a dry, savage wasteland which hosts to only a single goblin civilization.
So, I believe bogeymen never spawn in certain biomes.
Might indeed have to do with savagery.

From here:

Quote from: Cthulhu
Are boogeymen and the like always going to be this prominent?  It's cool that they're spotlighted now but I can see it getting kind of annoying once the game is more complete.
Quote from: thvaz
The release of 31.17 was a sucess amongst the playerbase, with few bugs and complains about the new mechanics. One of the complains is about the onipresence of bogeymen when alone at night. There will be some fine tuning about them in the future?

Nah, traveling alone in the night is too interesting a situation to always have every non-savage forest/plain/swamp bogeyman infested, but we wanted to try out this kind of atmosphere.  Once there's more of a reason to reclaim a piece of the night, we'll do that.

Note the implication about biomes.  Somebody should put this on the wiki entry; the entry is currently very boring.

--Rexfelum

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2010, 04:31:06 pm »

You're going to have to share with me how you are generated a world with so much desert. :)
PerfectWorldDF. Install, import your worldgen file, shove all the rainfall and drainage sliders into the right direction, and go watch the sunset over the dunes.
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

vipre01

• Bay Watcher
  • asdf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2010, 01:31:59 pm »

I think it might be just the mountain biomes as a whole. I've also traveled through them (alone) and didn't encounter bogeymen.

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2010, 03:03:39 pm »

I have been in fairly savage areas where boogeymen do not attack, however in those same areas I am ambushed at night by dangerous creatures such as full night creatures (not spouses), trolls, even a demon once (not sure if that was a bug or sth?).  Maybe the game decides that if there are nastier things to attack you at night the boogeymen are superfluous.  :)

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2010, 07:13:44 pm »

I have been in fairly savage areas where boogeymen do not attack, however in those same areas I am ambushed at night by dangerous creatures such as full night creatures (not spouses), trolls, even a demon once (not sure if that was a bug or sth?).  Maybe the game decides that if there are nastier things to attack you at night the boogeymen are superfluous.  :)

For me, bogeymen have always been much worse than those things. The things that you mention can at least be outrun. Well, technically, you could outrun bogeymen... if you have a couple of hours to spare. >_>

@Shrugging Khan:

And thank you, for the Arabian nights. :)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 07:15:49 pm by Ibid Straydrink »
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Squidpalace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2010, 09:40:48 pm »

Removed.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 09:43:14 pm by Squidpalace »

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2010, 10:09:58 pm »

For me, bogeymen have always been much worse than those things. The things that you mention can at least be outrun. Well, technically, you could outrun bogeymen... if you have a couple of hours to spare. >_>

Dwarf.  Martial trance.  Brutal massacre.

Really, since bogeymen are so small and unarmored, slashing weapons make short work of them if your combat skills are good enough to hit them.

Also, once I use wrestling training to max my agility (usually gets me to Legendary +50-100 wrestling) I can run circles around anything.

Assassinfox

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
    • Raging at the Box
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2010, 12:31:11 am »

Edit:  Whoops, someone beat me to it.
Pages: 1 [2]