Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Name a Scorpion (Way off Topic)  (Read 9034 times)

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
Re: Name a Scorpion
« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2010, 05:36:42 pm »

The guy is an ass. Move out the second you can, and name the scorpion after someone/thing he hates to spite him.
[/post]

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2010, 05:37:22 pm »

Parents are almost universally assholes, as at least, in my opinion...
*Hugs*

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2010, 05:39:42 pm »

Parents are people like the rest of us. What kind of parent they are isn't determined by parenthood, but rather by their lives before that point. Sadly, this has the great potential to become vicious cycles, abused becoming abuser and the like.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2010, 05:41:06 pm »

My parents had fine lives, they were still assholes...
*Hugs*

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2010, 05:45:20 pm »

It doesn't take a bad life to make a person an ass. Rich jerks who live in the lap of luxury are everywhere, just as poor jerks who get trapped in their own lack of said luxury are everywhere. Given how they've acted to you so far, there must be somthing in the life of at least one of your parents that would lead them to deciding that throwing out their own daughter was acceptable. I don't know what that thing is, and perhaps you don't either, but people don't just reject their parental instincts and become ravingly abusive for no reason.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2010, 05:48:55 pm »

You need to meet some non-asshole parents because your parents aren't represenative of all parents.

Besides, you're a teenager and at the stage where thinking your parents are assholes sometimes is part of life. Your parents just happened to be bigger assholes.

Still, in general you shouldn't mess with a wild scorpion if you don't know how venomous it is, actually, in general you should leave wild scorpions alone unless you know what you're doing.

Anyways, MSH is right, they wouldn't be selling highly venomous scorpions in pet stores.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 05:51:17 pm by smjjames »

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2010, 05:50:21 pm »

The guy is an ass. Move out the second you can, and name the scorpion after someone/thing he hates to spite him.

I guess that means I should name it Logic.

For a few years now I've wanted to move away from society and become self-sufficient (green-house, fish pond, and hopefully geo-thermal energy), but to properly do that I need money. And to make money I need a job. I'm applying like fucking crazy to get a job even though I hate the whole capitalism grind. And once I get a job, I'm still going to have to pay rent for a place I don't want to live in. I know this has gone way off topic of getting a scorpion, but this is just one of those day I ask "Why fucking bother?"

You should know I really respect this community otherwise I wouldn't be bitching.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2010, 05:52:06 pm »

I guess that means I should name it Logic.

lol, thats a good one :)

Also, whatever the latin or greek name for scorpion is, use that.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 12, 2010, 05:54:30 pm »

Tell your dad a bunch of random people on the internet thinks he's a ****ing idiot. We root for you man.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 12, 2010, 06:01:10 pm »

It doesn't take a bad life to make a person an ass. Rich jerks who live in the lap of luxury are everywhere, just as poor jerks who get trapped in their own lack of said luxury are everywhere. Given how they've acted to you so far, there must be somthing in the life of at least one of your parents that would lead them to deciding that throwing out their own daughter was acceptable. I don't know what that thing is, and perhaps you don't either, but people don't just reject their parental instincts and become ravingly abusive for no reason.

My dad and stepmom are "rich jerks" who were also abusive. I also noted that they were never happy in spite of constantly having a huge influx of money. I vowed I would not become anything like them. Everyone uses the "grow up" argument to get you to become part of society, but I think the truly free thinkers find their own road. The problem for me is dealing with society in order to break free of it. Being bipolar and anti-social doesn't exactly help.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Name a Scorpion (Way off Topic)
« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2010, 06:01:40 pm »

Don't ever do anything Armok says.  Armok gives worse advice with good intent than most people give with malicious intent.
Shoes...

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 12, 2010, 06:13:33 pm »

Don't ever do anything Armok says.  Armok gives worse advice with good intent than most people give with malicious intent.

Since when did Armok have good intent?
[/post]

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2010, 06:13:54 pm »

Do what I did and move out to the middle of fucking nowhere with low rent. You can even come here if you really want. You're in a position to get something to take with you; tell your mom and "dad" that it's worth ten thousand dollars to get rid of you, isn't it?

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 12, 2010, 06:26:48 pm »

You're in a position to get something to take with you; tell your mom and "dad" that it's worth ten thousand dollars to get rid of you, isn't it?

I don't really bother them enough to be a nuisance. I doubt they even have over $5,000 saved up.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2010, 07:15:13 pm »

My father has a cat with no name.  He just calls him by lots of cat-related diminutives, his favorite being "pussnatch", descended from the Ebonic "biznatch".

My Czech flatmate has a cat (although I consider her mostly mine now). Her name is Kočka, which is Czech for "cat."

Hey, my house has a Czech cat too.  His name is Hobbes, though.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7