Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Name a Scorpion (Way off Topic)  (Read 9033 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Name a Scorpion
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2010, 02:53:45 pm »

It's also two mashed together euphemisms for the hoo haa.  Does he realize this?

Name him Bep.
Shoes...

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2010, 03:04:12 pm »

My father has a cat with no name.  He just calls him by lots of cat-related diminutives, his favorite being "pussnatch", descended from the Ebonic "biznatch".

My Czech flatmate has a cat (although I consider her mostly mine now). Her name is Kočka, which is Czech for "cat."
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2010, 03:09:23 pm »

Baron von Stingerren
The Ashikaga Dynasty - A Europa Universalis 3 Let's Play - Sadly Cancelled Due To Bugs

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2010, 03:30:11 pm »

Noble  ::)

It would fit it.... since nobles are like a pain in my ass , admantite and slade demands.... pfff
Desu

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2010, 03:34:42 pm »

Noble  ::)

It would fit it.... since nobles are like a pain in my ass , admantite and slade demands.... pfff

Worst suggestion yet. How is a scorpion that I'd cuddle going to be a pain in my ass?
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2010, 03:36:56 pm »

Gordon Matthew Thomas Sumner

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2010, 03:39:52 pm »

I'm telling you, Ozymandias is the way to go. It even has the Egyptian symbolism that comes with the species being an "Emperor" Scorpion.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2010, 03:40:28 pm »

I'm telling you, Ozymandias is the way to go. It even has the Egyptian symbolism that comes with the species being an "Emperor" Scorpion.

Oh really? I'll look into this.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2010, 03:40:35 pm »

Maximillian
[/post]

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2010, 03:41:08 pm »

My father has a cat with no name.  He just calls him by lots of cat-related diminutives, his favorite being "pussnatch", descended from the Ebonic "biznatch".

My Czech flatmate has a cat (although I consider her mostly mine now). Her name is Kočka, which is Czech for "cat."
I have two cats, and I call them both Mac-Mac, which is Croatian for Here, Kitty, Kitty.

It's not like there's a point in giving names to pets that don't care about names.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2010, 03:43:33 pm »

It's not like there's a point in giving names to pets that don't care about names.

Nope, but it sure is fun!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2010, 04:45:32 pm »

changing my vote to Ozymandias.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2010, 05:20:32 pm »

Motherfucker. My backwards-ass stepdad won't let me stay if I get a scorpion. He literally went yelling about how "There will not be a scorpion in this house!" I asked him why and he said they were poisonous. After explain to him that it's less poisonous than a bee, he continued yelling how he doesn't care how poisonous it is... Hypocrisy much? I need to move out. Probably far, far away from society because the average person's logic is seriously stressing me the fuck out. I bought the 10 gallon tank equipment already and was going to have the scorpion shipped tomorrow. Going back, but definitely getting a scorpion once I move.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 05:24:43 pm by CoughDrop »

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2010, 05:32:29 pm »

Tell him that there's already a scorpion in the house, you're looking at him, and then find a roommate or a cheap apartment and get the fuck out.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2010, 05:35:19 pm »

How I hate close-minded people like that. Deadly scorpions are few and far between, certainly not on the pet market like Emperor Scorpions are. I mean, I wouldn't have a scorpion as a pet because it isn't my cup of tea, but why someone would try to stop others from having them is beyond me.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7