Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Silly Announcement/Combat logs caused by mods.  (Read 885 times)

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
Silly Announcement/Combat logs caused by mods.
« on: December 11, 2010, 09:27:17 am »

I've been thinking lately, and It has occurred to me that some mods will occasionally generate combat messages and announcements.
I don't remember the exact wording, and forgot to screenshot it, but:
"The Mason hits the Kobold Thief in the upper body with the car! The body part sails off in an arc!"
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
Re: Silly Announcement/Combat logs caused by mods.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 09:47:18 am »

I've been thinking lately, and It has occurred to me that some mods will occasionally generate combat messages and announcements.
I don't remember the exact wording, and forgot to screenshot it, but:
"The Mason hits the Kobold Thief in the upper body with the car! The body part sails off in an arc!"

Oh. Man. Imagine the fun you could have adding little "nose"like bodyparts to things. Or changing the standard attack message for something like fists. "The kobold knurgles you in the hoohah, shattering it".
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]