Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Changing Embark Points  (Read 1605 times)

PastryT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Changing Embark Points
« on: December 11, 2010, 09:21:56 am »

Hey all

I know this is... well, cheating but i was hoping to change the embark points that are allocated at the beginning. I've changed the value in the world_gen document but this hasn't changed anything.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

P.s. I am running the v0.31.18, with no mods or tilesets.

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
Re: Changing Embark Points
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 09:33:35 am »

Hey all

I know this is... well, cheating but i was hoping to change the embark points that are allocated at the beginning. I've changed the value in the world_gen document but this hasn't changed anything.

Thanks

the world_gen document determines how the "advanced parameters" are decided during worldgen. If you have already genned the world, then you can't change it without using Cheat Engine or something similar. If you haven't, you possibly are getting the preset wrong, or you set the Embark Points above it's maximum of 10,000
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

PastryT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 09:39:34 am »

The points are set to 10,000. So how could i be getting the preset wrong?

Thanks.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 09:58:59 am »

Are you going to Create World Now!, or Create world using parameters?
Pretty sure you have to goto the second one to use a custom thing like that.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 01:51:09 pm »

You need to change the embark points for a specific worldgen paremeter, I.E, "Large Region" and then generate a world using that worldgen, and your embark will have X points.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 02:13:51 pm »

Hey all

Thanks

the world_gen document determines how the "advanced parameters" are decided during worldgen. If you have already genned the world, then you can't change it without using Cheat Engine or something similar. If you haven't, you possibly are getting the preset wrong, or you set the Embark Points above it's maximum of 10,000

CheatEngine or ArtMoney work well. Once you are in the embark screen and allocating points, points are a 2 byte integer. The initial search will yield several hundred hits. The second refinement will yield 2, at least in ArtMoney.

I just wanted to put that info in there for anyone that needs it.