Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: ~Cave Quest~ {Round 2: Blue is moving!}  (Read 2243 times)

b1gb0y2013

• Bay Watcher
  • Santa from HELL
    • View Profile
~Cave Quest~ {Round 2: Blue is moving!}
« on: December 11, 2010, 01:26:41 am »

Im going to try starting my own forum game for once... I decided to add a twist... It mainly uses personal messages, so noone knows whats going on with everyone else (unless of course they TELL the other players). It is an ascii rpg and there are four players, all that try to get stronger and eventually fight to the death. For the first time, im trying it simple. Im using a random number generator to roll a sort of dice for the game.

Game rules:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tile Key:

Minimap Key:

A few more things:

On the second level, there is a room in the middle surrounded by mirrors. The first player to enter down the stairs gets sent to the best chest, while in order everyone else gets worse and worse chests. However, past this room you CANT go back up, making it so you might miss all sorts of chests just to take a chance at getting the prize. You have no clue what order you are in until you descend the stairs, but if you feel you took awhile you might as well stay and collect more chests and kill monsters to gain more levels.

Also it takes 1 TP to use a food source, which heals 20 points of health. You can use as many as you want per turn until you run out. You can also attack a player as many times as you want, so if they are right next to you, you could say right x 5, having 5 shots at them. However attacks dont do an incredible amount of damage, and it could take a few turns depending on players stats for how fast they die, giving them a chance to escape and heal.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 01:33:15 pm by b1gb0y2013 »

b1gb0y2013

• Bay Watcher
  • Santa from HELL
    • View Profile
Re: ~Cave Quest~ {Recruiting players}
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 01:38:06 am »

Now... For recruiting. First four players to respond get to play this round, and then we will begin. Here is how to sign up:

Sign-up sheet:
Name:
Color: (Red, Green, Blue, or Yellow... All players must be a different color)
Start Weapon: (Sword: 1 handed + 5 attack, Axe: 1 handed + 5 attack, Giant Sword: 2 handed + 8 attack, Bow: 1 handed, 3 attack, ranged(Choose direction to shoot) + 5 spaces; All players must choose a different weapon... 2 Handed weapons means you cant weild a shield too unless you buy another weapon at the store)
Skills: (Seeing orb: Can leave one orb anywhere, giving you constant 7 x 7 diamond view of that area throughout the game. Can be picked up and moved again, Turn advantage: Has +5 extra turn points every turn, Brute: Has +5 attack, 3-Arms: Has one extra arm for holding more accesories; All players must choose a different skill)

Every level you go up, you get a chance to upgrade your health by 10%, upgrade attack bonus by + 2, or get a sum of 50 gold pieces.

Here is everyones starting stats:
100 health
+2 attack
50 gold
2 foodstuffs

LETS START THIS GAME!

Players:
1.RED:lemon10
2.BLUE:ExKirby
3.YELLOW:FuzzyZergling
4.GREEN:tehstefan

Shop:
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 05:26:59 pm by b1gb0y2013 »

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: ~Cave Quest~ {Begin recruiting!}
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 03:22:53 am »

I think you should seperate the rules out a bit more, right now its one giant paragraph

Name: Captain Miracle
Color: Red
Start Weapon: Red Bow of doom (Its like a regular bow but its red)
Skills: Brute (+5 attack)
EDIT: i assume brute works with bow, not that it makes sense, but i assume it does.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 03:28:11 am by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 04:18:22 am »

Name:
Color: Blue
Start Weapon: Rapier (Just a fancy sword...)
Skills: Turn Advantage!
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

b1gb0y2013

• Bay Watcher
  • Santa from HELL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 03:11:34 pm »

Uhhh Ex-kirby a name might help... And yes, I guess the brute does have to work with the bow... Ill fix that next game, and make it so you have to buy ammo. Anyways, I wanted to put the rules in spoilers but IE does it where if you write too much whenever you try typing it keeps jumping up and down in the text box and it gets too frustrating to fix, Ill work on it today though. We still need 2 more people, green and yellow!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 03:24:15 pm by b1gb0y2013 »

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 03:30:12 pm »

Name: Fuzz
Color: Yellow
Start Weapon: Giant Sword: 2 handed + 8 attack
Skills: 3-Arms: Has one extra arm for holding more accesories

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 04:07:09 pm »

Name: Sven
Color: Greeen
Start Weapon: Ax it seems
Skills: Seeing orb
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 04:19:09 pm »

Anyways, I wanted to put the rules in spoilers but IE does it where if you write too much whenever you try typing it keeps jumping up and down in the text box and it gets too frustrating to fix, Ill work on it today though.
You can expand the typing window by dragging the == looking thing at the bottom down.

b1gb0y2013

• Bay Watcher
  • Santa from HELL
    • View Profile
Re: ~Cave Quest~ {Round 1: Yellow is moving!}
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2010, 04:24:54 pm »

GAME START

Now, you will all start in your small caverns, surrounded by walls. ROLLING... Here is the order of who goes:

(Using a random number generator for this, to simulate a 20-sided dice)

Red rolled a 12.
Blue rolled a 6.
Green rolled a 9.
Yellow rolled a 16.

So... Yellow goes first, then Red, Green, and Blue goes last. Here is the minimap:

Notices:
No treaties so far.
No other important information.

Alright people, lets get started! I will send fuzzy a message, he will reply, then i will send the next person, and the next and go like that. After it is over, the round ends, and I will post another reply to this posting any important information. Then the next round will begin, and it will keep going until one person is left. Read the title to see whos turn it is, and check your personal messages.

EDIT: Thanks Fuzzy, that helps alot... Never knew that.

b1gb0y2013

• Bay Watcher
  • Santa from HELL
    • View Profile
Re: ~Cave Quest~ {Round 1: OVER!}
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 06:52:52 pm »

Round 1 Over!

Round stats:
No treaties so far
Total of 0 Gp spent at shop
4 Players left

Minimap:

Notices:
I notice a few people have had trouble with the moving system and how to do the if statements... If you have any other questions, just ask here. Also Ive decided to change the battles. Instead of letting you attack as many times as you can in a turn, you can only attack once, and once you attack your turn is over. You can do all your moving, picking up items, using potions THEN attack, but as soon as you attack, turn over. HOWEVER I will roll the 20-sided dice twice before each round, once for the Turn Points and another for second attack. If you get a 15 or higher, you will get to move again after you attack. This means you can attack that turn using a turn point, do whatever you want, then can attack again, ONE EXTRA TIME. Use this wisely. Please tell me if this doesnt sound like a good idea.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 06:54:27 pm by b1gb0y2013 »

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2010, 11:38:27 pm »

Time for round two?

I think i would prefer if you had a limit of 1/2 attacks per round, but attacking doesn't end your turn, you just can't attack again.
And having the second attack not be luck based would be rather nice as well.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

b1gb0y2013

• Bay Watcher
  • Santa from HELL
    • View Profile
Re: ~Cave Quest~ {Round 2: Yellow is moving!}
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2010, 05:04:00 pm »

I was sort of taking the idea from heroscape. You can move your guy, but after attacking you cant do anything else. But then sometimes you rolled and had a chance to move and attack again after attacking once. Anyways, as there wont be much fighting for a few more rounds we still have time to plan it out.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2010, 05:08:06 pm »

So, same turn order as last time, or will you roll again?

b1gb0y2013

• Bay Watcher
  • Santa from HELL
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2010, 05:16:04 pm »

I think ill keep the turn order for now. Its kind of a pain though, because it takes 2 days to complete a round because of time zones. I may change it, but for now it doesnt matter. Not really any fighting as of now.

EDIT: Going to use gimp from now on. Want to use transparency for areas youve seen but cant see anymore, so it helps more. Plus it takes forever to blank out areas with paint =/.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 05:18:46 pm by b1gb0y2013 »

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: ~Cave Quest~ {Round 2: Green is moving!}
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2010, 07:23:13 pm »

I think that turns should be simultaneous (at least till fighting starts), since it would speed up the game quite a bit.

And i think it should be simultaneous even then, because i think it would be quite cool. Everyone would send in their orders, then they would each do one action, go to the next person, they do a action, then it goes back to the first person (and continue till their actions are done).

Pages: [1] 2