Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [In-Signups] Bring Your Own Winter Holiday Mafia  (Read 2152 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[In-Signups] Bring Your Own Winter Holiday Mafia
« on: December 10, 2010, 09:23:30 pm »

Now that I've got some more time, here we go!

If you're worried about this long list of rules, don't be. The short version is the BYOR rules and don't post while dead, even to make a "bah" post.

Rules:  (Similar but slightly different from the rules in Toaster's "Mafia Salad")

1. All votes must be in red. Unvoting before voting again is not required, I can keep track of votes just fine as long as you do them in red. You may vote for No Lynch. 
       In case of a tie, no one will be lynched.
   2. Days are 72 hours while Nights are 24 hours. Neither time span includes weekends, though I may end weekends on Sunday if all night actions are in. 
       Unless otherwise stated, days and nights end at 1 AM EST. If that's a problem, I can always end days earlier than that, all you've got to do is ask.
   3. Never edit your posts for any reason, including typos.
   4. Do not PM other players. Players with private chat access will be given a topic on QuickTopic where they may post freely.
   5. Do not quote any PM from me. You may give a general summary (for example, a roleclaim), but do not quote directly.
       Paraphrasing or using exact words out of the PM is fine. Copying and pasting even short phrases is not.
   6. Put my name in bold if you would like to get my attention. Please reserve red text only for your votes.
   7. You may ask for an extension or shorten by putting the respective word in bold. Extensions require 33% of players to agree minus any players opposing and are for 24 hours. 
       Shortens require at least 51% of players to agree, and will end the day as soon as I can process the day end.
   8. Dead players may not post once dead. Other mods allow a "bah" post, but you guys have been abusing the privilege. Dead men tell no tales, so dead men make no posts.
      POSTING WHILE DEAD WILL GIVE YOU A RULE INFRACTION, NO MATTER WHAT THE CONTENT OF YOUR POST!!
   9. Please make an effort to post at least once daily. If you do not post for 36 hours, you will be prodded. If I don’t hear from you within 24 more hours, you will be replaced.
       If you think someone needs a prod, please bring it to my attention- I can’t guarantee I will notice everyone who is not posting.
       I decree that posts must be made in the main thread. Neither posting in any QuickTopic(s) you have access to nor PM'ing me will reset your lurking.
  10. Never underestimate your importance, and always play to win!

BYOR-Specific Rules:

1. Upon signing up, you must PM me your choice of role. You're free to change it at any time for any reason before I start the game, but once I start it you're stuck with the last role you chose.
   2. Your role choice has no influence on if you're a power role or what faction you're a part of, so don't assume anything based on your role. I'm fitting the flavor to match your role.
   3. I would appreciate it if you included a Wikipedia link or short description of your role choice if it's not obvious. If you have to ask if I'll know, I won't.
   4. Stick to the theme "Winter Holidays". Christmas in July, fruitcake, and the Heatmeiser are all acceptable. Hitler, cats, and Pluto are all unacceptable.

If anybody isn't going to play but wants to help out with IC'ing (ie. PM'ing me to do my job, help handle prods, and make sure things are balanced), I would appreciate it. I tend to lose interest in things, but just having someone yell when I've gotten lazy will be more than enough to keep the game moving. Additionally, if any players think I've forgotten about this game, feel very free to PM me and say mean things about my mother if I don't hurry up.

Players:
   Zathras
   Toaster
   Pandarsenic
   Zrk2
   Jokerman-EXE
   Ottofar
   Org
   Lordnincompoop
   Inteuniso

If you're not on this list, you haven't sent in a role yet.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 11:34:55 pm by Mr.Person »
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: [In-Signups] Bring Your Own Winter Holiday Mafia
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 10:05:44 pm »

Heheh, I was pre-in'd, beautiful... 8-)

Will send role as soon as I think of something good. Role sent. This is going to be awesome. Come on, people, sign up and get this started already!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 12:59:53 am by Zathras »
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 11:43:17 pm »

How dare you steal my rules!  I'll have to play in your game to show you.   :)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 01:02:44 am »

In
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 02:16:55 pm »

In
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 03:05:11 pm »

In.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 09:50:08 pm »

In.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 09:55:22 pm »

Best thing for the game's roles: not having a Christmas.

I won't be joining and I don't want spoiled spectate.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 09:58:47 pm »

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2010, 10:06:08 pm »

[IMG GOES HERE]
Arrharrharr.

I just think it would be interesting to not have a Christmas role in a Winter Holiday game.

And I'm not joining because I can't commit to a game right now. I don't want spoiled spectate in case the game needs a replacement at a time when I'm available.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2010, 02:01:19 am »

That's good. I'm not doing any spoiled spectating anyways. If anybody wants to know all the roles, become an IC.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2010, 01:54:01 pm »

Bumping.

Inteuniso, I don't believe you've sent in a role yet.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2010, 02:15:49 pm »

In then. I'll send the role tomorrow.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2010, 05:42:12 pm »

In.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2010, 04:47:48 am »

I'd like to remind Org and Inteuniso that I have not gotten a role from either of you. If you don't send one, you're not playing!

This will be the last time I bump this thread. I'm starting this on Monday, assuming there's at least 8 players signed up by then.

Pages: [1] 2