Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Jimmy Blond: Cooling it off  (Read 3366 times)

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Jimmy Blond: Cooling it off
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2010, 03:38:32 pm »

>use your fancy monocle while you're at it
Unless anything is said otherwise, the monocle will be used.

Drawing your handgun, you sneak into the house. your monocle, combined with the observations you made outside, gives you an idea of the rough layout of the first two floors.

black lines are walls
red bits are doors
blue is a staircase going up
purple is a staircase going down
green dots are where the movement was seen
ground floor is on the left, upper floor is on the right
you are just inside the front door (the bottommost door on the ground floor)

Demantiae

• Bay Watcher
  • Goddess of Earth, Awakener of the Primordial
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2010, 04:06:23 pm »

>Creep north past the stairs, carefully open the door to the north room and attempt to sneak up on the green dude in the north-east room. Use the tranq pen to subdue him quietly. From the north room facing the stairs you have a clear line of sight up the stairs and to the doors to the eastern rooms where the other two green dudes are. Congratulate yourself for such awesome forward planning and plan on having a sherry when you get back to HQ!

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2010, 05:46:26 pm »

Creeping along the hallway, the thick carpet prevents you from making any noise. Entering the north room reveals it to be a dining room, with cutlery and crockery scattered about. Loud clanging noises come from the door to the east. Opening it slightly and peeking in reveals it to be a well-stocked kitchen with a min in dark clothes inside. The man is going through the cupboards, pulling out the contents and scattering them on the floor. You arm the pen, click it, and toss it into the room as the gas starts to flow out. You mutter a hastily improvised quip.
"I'm sure you're just in it for the dough."
Within a few minutes, the room becomes safe to enter, and you restrain the man using a tablecloth from the dining room. Going through his pockets, you find:
-A wallet
--Some cash
--A driving licence identifying the man as a Bill Wade
-A keyring
--half a dozen keys
--a key fob
-a handgun
-a two-way radio

As you are going through his wallet, the radio picks up a message. You hear a female voice saying:
"I think I've found something. Come up to the bedroom."
Rushing to the doorway between the dining room and the hall, you get into a firing position. When a figure emerges into the hall from another downstairs room, you shoot him. The sound of the shot echoes throughout the house. A few seconds later, the radio from the first man picks up another message.
"What happened? Report in."

What will you do now?

Demantiae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2010, 08:53:38 pm »

>Take the fob (it might come in handy later) and stuff the cash into my pocket, the Secret Service might have alll the gadgets but they're cheap when it comes to a salary!

> Put a hand over my mouth and talk into the radio in muffled tones "I've caught someone in the kitchen..." Hopefully the broad will buy the old 'injured after a struggle call for help routine.'

> As the bad gal comes down the stairs point the pistol in a menacing manner and ask her politely to drop her weapon and her walkie-talkie. Ask that she please explain what she's doing in the house.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2010, 07:25:28 am »

You stuff the wallet and keyring into your pockets, and go to the radio. You muffle your voice, and try to sound like you've been in a bit of a punch-up. You say that someone tried to sneak up on you with a gun, but you noticed them. There was a scuffle, during which the gun went off, bud you subdued him.
There is a moment's pause before the reply comes.
"Shit. They're onto us. Shoot him, and get out of here as fast as you can. Both of you!"
A couple of seconds later, you hear the sound of breaking glass coming from upstairs.

Demantiae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2010, 11:33:30 am »

Good thing we have an x-ray monacle!

>Look for a female figure jumping out a window. We know where to look, she was in the north-east room when we came in. There can only be two directions she jumped from there and the kitchen faces both!

>Smash a window and shoot the girl in one of her limbs whilst she's picking herself up off the floor. Ask her to surrender then carefully climb out the broken window and walk over to her. Jimmy Blond would rather not have to shoot a girl but he really doesn't feel like running today...

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2010, 07:00:18 am »

You retreat outside, to prepare to meet the girl as she defenestrates herself. Making your way out the dining room door and around a conservatory, you see her as she drops into a crouching position. Before you can react, you shoot her in the calf. Making your way quickly over to her you see that she is carrying a gun (which you relieve her of) and a folder labeled "Project Hephaestus". Before you can interrogate her or conduct a thorough search, you hear a fire alarm go off from inside the building.

Demantiae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2010, 08:38:47 am »

Jimmy Blond doesn't always play by the book, that's how he rolls!

>Drag the girl back into the house whilst asking her what she was looking for. Ask her about the white van that sped off earlier.

Jimmy Blond is fond of fire (he begins every bonfire celebration with a tune on his special pipes!). He suspects the girl is fond of fire too. Maybe she'd like to stay a while and enjoy the blaze she set in the house? Unless she likes talking more, Then she can enjoy the blaze from outside and spill the beans...

>Find something to use as rope to tie the girl up in the house and start the proper interogation. Sometimes you have to get your hands dirty...

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2010, 02:17:20 pm »

Taking the girl into the dining room and using another tablecloth, you restrain the girl and start interrogating her. When you ask about what she was doing, she says that she was told to look for files on project Hephaestus. When you ask her what that is, she responds with a "How the hell would I know?". When you ask who she was to bring them to, she responds that she was to put the files in a black folder and leave it in a certain pub in dover. When you ask what she was getting from this, she responds that she has large gambling debts and owed a lot. When you ask who was in the van, she replies that they were others like her, and they had taken some safes from the house to try and find what was in them.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2010, 03:17:50 pm »

We don't know whether she's telling the truth, so:

say "If that's all you've got I think I'll leave you to enjoy the fire, unless you're willing to warm up to me a little more?" as you leave the room, and see what she says to that.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2010, 03:52:20 pm »

You say your piece and leave through the back door, walk around the corner and stand just out of sight. You hear a torrent of swearing, but nothing else. You see a large amount of smoke streaming through the broken window.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2010, 03:58:24 pm »

Damn. I was hoping she'd shout some more info or something. Oh well. Are we the hardcore type who will let her die, or do we go back and save her?

Demantiae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2010, 08:27:31 pm »

Jimmy Blond is no stone cold killer! He's a little twisted and full of himself sometimes but he'd never allow a lass to BBQ even if she is a bad gal... Mr Blond has two more questions for his captive: who gave her the job and where was that van going?

> Ask her the two questions.

> Offer her a ride to the nearest hostpital where they can treat her wound. Bandage her leg up so she don't bleed in the car!

> Jimmy Blond don't care about bad guys (only bad gals) so forget about the unconscious fella in the kitchen. Perhaps he'll remember him later whilst enjoying his glass of sherry.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2010, 10:45:17 pm »

Jimmy Blond is no stone cold killer! He's a little twisted and full of himself sometimes but he'd never allow a lass to BBQ even if she is a bad gal... Mr Blond has two more questions for his captive: who gave her the job and where was that van going?

> Ask her the two questions.

> Offer take her on a ride to the nearest hostpital HQ where they can 'treat her wound'. Bandage duct tape her leg up so she don't bleed in the car out!

fix'd
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2010, 06:13:51 am »

You ask about the van, and she replies that the man in it was taking to his house, where he hoped to get into it using some power tools.
You ask who gave her the job, and she replies that she built up large gambling debts to someone in London. When she made it clear the she could not pay, he said that she would have to work off her debts by doing tasks like this for one of his "associates". When you ask more about who she owes money to, she replies that he is a man who goes by "Jimmy" and he usually meets her in a bar in central london.

Still restrained, you put her in the back seat of the car. As you do so, you get a message on your mobile phone - the van and its driver have been apprehended by the local police. You reply, telling them to bring both to HQ in london, before making your own way there.

At HQ, the medical team patch the gal up while you get a debrief. Your superior, who uses the codename N, says that your mission was a mixed success. Although Mark Hodges was not found, the interest in Project Hephaestus is worrying. When you ask what Project Hephaestus was, the reply is that it was a project to manipulate geothermal flows some years ago. However, funding was cut and the project cancelled.

That done, the subject of what to do now comes up. N says "As far as I can see, there are two ways to go now - we can either move in on this "jimmy" fellow, or we can try to nab whoever wanted the files when they come to pick them up".

What should be done now?
Mission Complete! You may chose to take of the gadgets below:
Spoiler: gadgets (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4