Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trogs stealing weapons?  (Read 954 times)

Pukako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Trogs stealing weapons?
« on: December 10, 2010, 01:04:42 am »

Just opened up a cavern layer, and set about dealing with the inhabitants.

No issues, until I see one trog going toe-to-toe with a militia commander - have a look - what the %^# is the trog doing with a steel spear? And the commander is just starting to get ahead, by beating it with a bronze shield.

Turns out the trog had grabbed the dwarf by the <steel spear> and had actually got hold of it and starting fighting with it.  Never seen that before.  Next thing they'll be complaining about the noise from their neighbours and have a better grasp of jewel setting that my dwarves...

Because DF players are heavily into pain.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
Re: Trogs stealing weapons?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 01:06:43 am »

Anything with the [GRASP] tag can seize weapons from your dorfs. Giant Desert Scorpions are prone to beating dwarves to death with their own axes.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 01:44:51 am »

Trogs: Masters of the tactical disarm.

Namfuak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 02:12:29 am »

I'm not sure whether Krath or Max White's statement is funnier...

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 02:19:12 am »

To clairfy, when Krath said that the giant scorpians kill the dwarfs with there own axes, its because the scorpian is holding the dwarfs own arm, and the arm is holding the axe. When you think about it, Krath's statment is a lot funner than mine.

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 09:23:39 am »

Anything with the [GRASP] tag can seize weapons from your dorfs. Giant Desert Scorpions are prone to beating dwarves to death with their own axes.

Now we just have to work out how to equip tame scorpions with weapons...

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 09:29:08 am »

To clairfy, when Krath said that the giant scorpians kill the dwarfs with there own axes, its because the scorpian is holding the dwarfs own arm, and the arm is holding the axe. When you think about it, Krath's statment is a lot funner than mine.

I lost many an adventurer in 40d to Giant Desert Scorpions stealing my weapons.

And my limbs.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2010, 10:07:45 am »

A trog stole a planter's cloak and beat him to death with it. Later, the same trog with the same cloak found another civilian. The cloak has a kill count of 2. What upsets me most is that it is higher than most weapons my soldiers had equipped, and I can't enroll trogs.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 11:52:57 am by Musashi »
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2010, 10:57:36 am »

It doesn't have to be weapons either, it can be anything your dwarf was holding/wearing upon being attacked. Townbrush was covered with engravings of an Ogre beating people to death with an octopre skin backpack. He tore it off his first victim, and it became his weapon of choice.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2010, 11:00:25 am »

Dwarf Fortress: Where cloaks are deadly.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

shadowform

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2010, 01:20:00 pm »

It doesn't have to be weapons either, it can be anything your dwarf was holding/wearing upon being attacked. Townbrush was covered with engravings of an Ogre beating people to death with an octopre skin backpack. He tore it off his first victim, and it became his weapon of choice.
Well, at least he wasn't beating people to death with a leather thong.
Q: What do you get when you take 100 clear glass windows, 1000 silver bars, 6700 gold bars, and 18,000 marble blocks?

A: A very large wall.

"Alright, here's Helltooth... Harborfence... Urist, come get GenericBlade... and you. Welcome to the Danger Room. First timers get good ol' Ballswallowed. Have fun and try not to take off your own toe."

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2010, 02:08:28 pm »

Well, at least he wasn't beating people to death with a leather thong.

Getting beaten down by a guy with a lether thong, it is Tuesday already?
*Ba dum, tish!*

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2010, 03:08:07 pm »

Now we just have to work out how to equip tame scorpions with weapons...

Mod the raws to train GDSs for war, breed them for an army, and wait for the goblin siege?
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."