Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 44

Author Topic: Legends Viewer 1.13 (v40 Compatible)  (Read 315917 times)

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.13.05 (Remaining XML Data)
« Reply #405 on: June 26, 2012, 05:11:09 pm »

13.05 Release

Changes
  • Utilizes remaining historical figure XML data. Includes entity reputations, related sites, related entities, skills and artifacts held.
  • Filled in the historical figure link event so it displays marriages, apprenticeships, imprisonments etc in the log.
  • Auto map resizing.
  • Added artifacts to the advanced search.
  • Added checkboxes for quickly searching for vampires and werebeast historical figures.
  • Improved and fixed a minor issue with the file selection.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 27, 2012, 05:49:18 am »

Sweet!
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #407 on: June 27, 2012, 03:40:02 pm »

I've just done a bit of work mapping out all of the various history_event structures for use in DFHack - with this information, it may become a possibility for a tool like this to gather its history information directly from Dwarf Fortress (using the DFHack RPC socket API) instead of from an XML dump, allowing it to get at even more information (possibly even from an active fortress).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 27, 2012, 05:20:10 pm »

I would definitely be interested in getting the info from DFHack rather than the XML dump. Just by looking at some of the history data structure off the github page I am seeing data that doesn't exist in the XML that would be great to have. I will have to look into it more if I get the time to see if I can help out any.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 01, 2012, 01:37:51 am »

Ran into an error on a modded save. It is using the Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom mod and was genned in 34.09.

Save is here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6531

Code: [Select]
Active Interaction already exists.
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.HistoricalFigure..ctor(List`1 properties, World world)
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.XMLParser.AddFromXMLSection(Section section, List`1 properties)
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.XMLParser.AddItemToWorld(List`1 properties)
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.XMLParser.ParseSection()
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.XMLParser.Parse()
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.World..ctor(String xmlFile, String historyFile, String sitesAndPopulationsFile, String mapFile)
   at LegendsViewer.FileLoader.load_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 01, 2012, 02:47:11 pm »

Here is 13.06 with a fix for that. Thanks for reporting the crash.

tyrannus007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 08, 2012, 03:19:06 pm »

So how is the DFHack integration going?
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 08, 2012, 07:37:25 pm »

Nevermind, thought this was the therapist thread.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 07:39:00 pm by Japa »

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 08, 2012, 08:37:12 pm »

I haven't looked into it any yet, unfortunately. I don't really have any idea when I will get around to it either, as much as I want to. I've been looking into creating graphs for related historical figures and think I found some tools that will make it easy to do. There is just some overhead material that I need to learn first to make it happen.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 08, 2012, 11:06:44 pm »

I haven't looked into it any yet, unfortunately. I don't really have any idea when I will get around to it either, as much as I want to. I've been looking into creating graphs for related historical figures and think I found some tools that will make it easy to do. There is just some overhead material that I need to learn first to make it happen.

Although, instead of integrating directly with DFHack you could have someone write a plug-in that exports the data and then make Legends Viewer support the history export file as well as the official XML, but that could also take a long while.

noushi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 10, 2012, 02:51:17 pm »

I've run into the following error with my large world generated in 0.34.11, using v1.13.06:
Code: [Select]
Related Entity Error: Kubuk Boltroared
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.World.ProcessHFtoEntityLinks()
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.World..ctor(String xmlFile, String historyFile, String sitesAndPopulationsFile, String mapFile)
   at LegendsViewer.FileLoader.load_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

The XML is ~1.8GB, and at first I wondered if it was hitting the 2GB memory limit, but it only gets up to about 1.6GB resident before dumping.  I've tried exporting a couple times.  Let me know if an attachment would be helpful.

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 10, 2012, 05:35:40 pm »

Here is a fix for that hopefully.

Although, instead of integrating directly with DFHack you could have someone write a plug-in that exports the data and then make Legends Viewer support the history export file as well as the official XML, but that could also take a long while.

Something like that might be the way to go. Though, I would prefer to read the data directly into my program that way I could just save all the data to a binary file, which would probably be smaller and faster to load. I'm not sure how difficult it is to tie in with DFHack, but the XML export utility might also make the data easier to access for other developers that want to use it too. I probably wouldn't support that official XML once I can get the data from DFHack. I think it might be a little difficult to juggle reading from both.

noushi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 10, 2012, 08:42:33 pm »

Here is a fix for that hopefully.

Something like that might be the way to go. Though, I would prefer to read the data directly into my program that way I could just save all the data to a binary file, which would probably be smaller and faster to load. I'm not sure how difficult it is to tie in with DFHack, but the XML export utility might also make the data easier to access for other developers that want to use it too. I probably wouldn't support that official XML once I can get the data from DFHack. I think it might be a little difficult to juggle reading from both.

You wouldn't necessarily need to export it as XML either. If you came up with your own reliable format, you could use it and maybe put up the parsing functions for other people that may want to use the data for something else. Whichever is the best solution. I only thought of it because Overseer uses an export of the map instead of reading directly from the game which has benefits like not sharing RAM and CPU with DF and you can run it when you are not running DF.

Pozzo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 14, 2012, 05:18:15 pm »

Hello!

Just got this error, after trying to look at a world I just retired an adventurer in. Partially modded game.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 44