Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 44

Author Topic: Legends Viewer 1.13 (v40 Compatible)  (Read 315941 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.13.04
« Reply #375 on: June 15, 2012, 10:32:31 am »

I'm gonna be different, go against the flow, break the...

Family tree.

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 15, 2012, 01:19:06 pm »

Family trees definitely.  The new version has all these family ties listed on the relationship screen, it would be great to see Legends Viewer display it in an easier to follow format.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

thetyler101

• Bay Watcher
  • [SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 17, 2012, 02:41:14 pm »

Personally, I would like to see all those books and slabs that get generated.  Artifacts I think the game calls them.

Give that bitch some stone crafts, bitches love stone crafts.

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 17, 2012, 04:59:14 pm »

Here is a beta for 13.05.

I'm pretty sure this is going to crash for some people and if it does I need a save to look at so I can fix it. If there are any other problems or suggestions just let me know. There are some events and other data that I know I'm still missing and nobody has ever bothered to report so if you see anything in the log that doesn't deal with duplicate names send me your save so I can handle that rare data in the viewer.

Changes:
Utilizes remaining historical figure XML data. Includes entity reputations, related sites, related entities, skills and artifacts held.

Filled in the historical figure link event so it displays marriages, apprenticeships, imprisonments etc in the log.

Auto map resizing.

Added artifacts to the advanced search.

Added checkboxes for quickly searching for vampires and werebeast historical figures.

Improved and fixed a minor issue with the file selection.

Personally, I would like to see all those books and slabs that get generated.  Artifacts I think the game calls them.

You can view them through the advanced search in this version, but there really isn't much to look at and we are missing data about them so there aren't details on them either.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 17, 2012, 10:41:33 pm »

I crashed. When you say you want the save, do you want the actual save or just the XML file (plus the other files required to get it running)?

Edit: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6519

I uploaded the XML and other stuff because I'm pretty sure you would want those rather than the actual save for a crash.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 02:47:35 am by EmeraldWind »
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 18, 2012, 03:17:33 am »

It loaded up my current fort fine, but one thing i noticed is this entry(and all FB entries for this fort atm)

The Rampage of UNKNOWN BEAST in Oilhatchet

Event Log
In 256, early winter, the minotaur Enol Torchwring the Will of Moths was struck down by the dwarf `trp.sword-19' Standardexit the Maroon Sound of Insanities with a (57701) in Oilhatchet. In The rampage of UNKNOWN BEAST in Oilhatchet.

It just seems odd to have UNKNOWN BEAST and yet in the entry it lists the name?
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 18, 2012, 06:33:07 am »

I crashed. When you say you want the save, do you want the actual save or just the XML file (plus the other files required to get it running)?

I uploaded the XML and other stuff because I'm pretty sure you would want those rather than the actual save for a crash.

Restart dwarf fortress and re-export all your files. It looks like you may have generated the files before you started a fort, then started a fort and forgot to re-export the XML , since the sites and populations text file lists a mountain halls site that doesn't exist in the XML.

It loaded up my current fort fine, but one thing i noticed is this entry(and all FB entries for this fort atm)

The Rampage of UNKNOWN BEAST in Oilhatchet

Event Log
In 256, early winter, the minotaur Enol Torchwring the Will of Moths was struck down by the dwarf `trp.sword-19' Standardexit the Maroon Sound of Insanities with a (57701) in Oilhatchet. In The rampage of UNKNOWN BEAST in Oilhatchet.

It just seems odd to have UNKNOWN BEAST and yet in the entry it lists the name?

The beast attack data doesn't give the beast so I have to fill in the beast by looking at the events of the beast attack. I don't remember my exact methods, but I remember something making it difficult to determine the beast with 100% accuracy. I'll take another look at it and see what I can improve.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 18, 2012, 06:46:19 am »

I would also like that titans and FB had their description (material, form, power) in Legends viewer.

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 18, 2012, 07:22:27 am »

I would also like that titans and FB had their description (material, form, power) in Legends viewer.

We aren't given any of that data in the XML and the XML data doesn't get updated often so it could be a long time before we see anything like that added to it.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 18, 2012, 09:31:40 am »

Restart dwarf fortress and re-export all your files. It looks like you may have generated the files before you started a fort, then started a fort and forgot to re-export the XML , since the sites and populations text file lists a mountain halls site that doesn't exist in the XML.

Oh! Opps!  :-[

Okay, I re-exported. I didn't realize that text files change while you play.

Though this time I get the duplicate stuff you wanted to see.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6519

HiEv

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Counter-Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 18, 2012, 12:27:50 pm »

if you see anything in the log that doesn't deal with duplicate names send me your save so I can handle that rare data in the viewer.

(emphasis added)
The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 18, 2012, 12:43:47 pm »

if you see anything in the log that doesn't deal with duplicate names send me your save so I can handle that rare data in the viewer.

(emphasis added)

ARGH! Curse my lack of sleep. Dang it... (I read the words right, but I misinterpreted the meaning due to sheer stupidity last night... ugh)

Just for that I'm genning some new worlds until I find something!

Edit:
Code: [Select]
Multiple Holding Artifacts: Rel Pathclasped
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.HistoricalFigure..ctor(List`1 properties, World world)
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.XMLParser.AddFromXMLSection(Section section, List`1 properties)
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.XMLParser.AddItemToWorld(List`1 properties)
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.XMLParser.ParseSection()
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.XMLParser.Parse()
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.World..ctor(String xmlFile, String historyFile, String sitesAndPopulationsFile, String mapFile)
   at LegendsViewer.FileLoader.load_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

It gave me this error and didn't load. http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6519

:-[ Hopefully this is something that can help.

Edit 2:
I found this message on another world.
Unknown Event: artifact lost
Unknown artifact lost Property: id (26913)
Unknown artifact lost Property: year (178)
Unknown artifact lost Property: seconds72 (92400)
Unknown artifact lost Property: artifact_id (79)
Unknown artifact lost Property: site_id (30)
Interestingly, using the property values to research it appears it was a book stolen/eaten/etc by a giant panda that killed the demon that wrote it. (The demon never got around to storing it, so he still had it with him when he died. I find the fact that an artifact held by a historical figure has the potential to disappear when the figure dies to be very interesting.)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 02:29:10 pm by EmeraldWind »

Richards

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 18, 2012, 05:22:34 pm »

I've been able to look at abandoned forts in the past. If I could get the save to look over I can get a fix for it.

Here; I've split the save up into three parts:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6529
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6528
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6527

Tell me what's wrong with it when you find out. I'm curious.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 06:05:48 pm by Richards »

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 18, 2012, 06:49:59 pm »

I found this message on another world.
Unknown Event: artifact lost
Unknown artifact lost Property: id (26913)
Unknown artifact lost Property: year (178)
Unknown artifact lost Property: seconds72 (92400)
Unknown artifact lost Property: artifact_id (79)
Unknown artifact lost Property: site_id (30)

This is the type of data that I'm looking for and would like to see the actual save, not just the data dump, so I can rebuild the event accurately for the logs and if I need to investigate anything else with it. I think you uploaded the wrong XML dump for the "Multiple Holding Artifacts" error, but don't worry about it. I just needed someone to post that error to confirm something for me and I can fix it without the need of a save. Thanks for helping out.

A note. I'm guessing most of the data that I am missing is going to be found in saves with fortress or adventure play on them, so those are what I would really like people to test. Modded games tend to break the viewer too so any saves from modded worlds that break the viewer are helpful for me.

Edit:
Here; I've split the save up into three parts:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6529
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6528
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6527

Tell me what's wrong with it when you find out. I'm curious.

A fixed version is uploaded. I wasn't handling the output of an event properly and it caused it to crash, pretty simple thing. I did notice a death cause from that save I didn't have info on so I was able to get that. Also noticed another thing I had never seen before in your save involving the necromancer groups attacking sites, which I don't think my map is setup to handle properly so I'll have to look into it some more. Thanks for the save.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 07:30:27 pm by Parker147 »

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
first attempt questions
« Reply #389 on: June 18, 2012, 08:28:59 pm »

Extracted to a desktop folder named Viewer.  Files from DF in desktop folder named Region1.  Its not the entire region, just the four README files the Viewer claims to need.

---- new version installed, ty

Update5: hit dot dot dot button, targeted xml, hit open.  Fields to left turned green, 3 of the 4 fields all turned green.  Went to map, hit dot dot dot button, targeted map, hit open, it turned green.  All four fields are green now, time went by, thought they might get unfaded.  Never did, remain faded. 

Red wording, Error!

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.SitesAndPopulationsParser.ReadSite()
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.SitesAndPopulationsParser.Parse()
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.World..ctor(String xmlFile, String historyFile, String sitesAndPopulationsFile, String mapFile)
   at LegendsViewer.FileLoader.load_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

Drats!  Looks like I may have hurried it.  Retrying..  Why are these green fields still GREY?  Should they get dark text, eventually?

Update6:Went right to the horses patoot.  Re-extracted it all, from DF.  Openning XML straight from the DF root folder, using the dot dot dot button.  Fine.  Went with the trade map, like advised.  Awaiting blue Loading... fingers are crossed.  It worked!  Hoorah.  Now to find Osman the Dragonslayer.

Thanks, Knutor
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 11:27:56 pm by knutor »
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 44