Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 44

Author Topic: Legends Viewer 1.13 (v40 Compatible)  (Read 315978 times)

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.13.04
« Reply #345 on: April 11, 2012, 11:17:52 pm »

I'm trying to find out where a alive historical figure is on the map. I know the region. Any ideas?
Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]

caddybear

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 12, 2012, 11:57:02 am »

Gotta love this community. Great work!
And then did ARMOK say, the east is the holiest of directions, and thou shouldst not stand there lest thou be strucketh down by my holiest of beards. And then did the dorfs did say, we shall build from the west, for more do we fear the beard of ARMOK than the strike of the elephant.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 13, 2012, 12:34:53 am »

I'm trying to find out where a alive historical figure is on the map. I know the region. Any ideas?
Have you tried the advanced search option? on the summary page, i think.
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

Sozay

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 17, 2012, 05:59:43 pm »

Use the ASCII/Tile map exported from step 3. You will need to resize it to the same dimensions as one of the detailed maps (1 tile should be resized to 16x16)

I may be daft and missed something, but how does one resize the ASCII/Tile map?

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 17, 2012, 07:14:13 pm »

Use the ASCII/Tile map exported from step 3. You will need to resize it to the same dimensions as one of the detailed maps (1 tile should be resized to 16x16)

I may be daft and missed something, but how does one resize the ASCII/Tile map?

Are you talking about the image that you create?  You resize it like any other .bmp.

If you are talking about how to make a tileset of a different size, you can just have 18x18 pixel tilesets.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: April 27, 2012, 02:51:23 pm »

Does this work on 34_0X?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: April 28, 2012, 10:17:27 am »

This program is version neutral. It will work with all versions of the game that support an xml export.

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 28, 2012, 02:52:23 pm »

Haven't had the free time to work on this, but hopefully in a few weeks that will change. There is still data I haven't implemented in the viewer yet, so I need to get that done. After that I'm thinking about redoing the legend pages so that they aren't generated with HTML. It will probably be a big task, but should fix a lot of issues with the current pages and provide some new features.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 01, 2012, 11:20:18 pm »

I, for one, will be looking forward to this greatly.  Any chance one of those pieces of "data" will be the nature of Deity Interactions that have been thrust upon people?  I mean I can tell when a Deity links [MINOR_VAMPIRE_CURSE_1] to a Dwarf what that means, but it'd be nice to use the flavor text that's already in the raws.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.
« Reply #354 on: May 03, 2012, 01:02:26 am »

I noticed that the writing of books are historical events in this. Is there a way to just filter these events so I can see where all the books of the world are?

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 11, 2012, 12:23:45 pm »

I noticed that the writing of books are historical events in this. Is there a way to just filter these events so I can see where all the books of the world are?
Books are artifacts so you can filter for the "Historical Figure Stored Artifact" to see the events that tell you where the books were placed. I still need to add artifacts to sites within the Viewer so you could get a list of artifacts at a specific site. Also need to add artifacts to the advanced search.

I, for one, will be looking forward to this greatly.  Any chance one of those pieces of "data" will be the nature of Deity Interactions that have been thrust upon people?  I mean I can tell when a Deity links [MINOR_VAMPIRE_CURSE_1] to a Dwarf what that means, but it'd be nice to use the flavor text that's already in the raws.
We don't get any sort of data that gives more details about the interactions. There was just a few things about historical figures that needed to be used, which includes:
     -Entity Links, like memberships and positions, though we aren't given any details about the positions held, only years right now
     -Entity Reputation. This relates to entities that suspect historical figures of being vampires and being immortal.
     -Site Links.
     -Skills.
     -Artifacts being held.
There was also some data about current identities, but it appears to be bad data.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 16, 2012, 07:35:51 am »

Some things could be useful, in my opinion :

- Family trees
- Maps when selecting historical figures. Some are always wandering, and it could be possible/interesting to see where they are going, and what are they doing in each place.
- Integrating hamlet/towns/fortress maps

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 17, 2012, 06:48:03 am »

Family Tree's, now that would be cool :)

Iceflame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 19, 2012, 08:24:02 am »

Anyone tried this tool with 34.09?

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 19, 2012, 11:21:29 am »

It's version independent, so should be no issue. It works off the XML dumps, not when the game is running ala DT.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 44