Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 44

Author Topic: Legends Viewer 1.13 (v40 Compatible)  (Read 315987 times)

TinyPirate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.13.03 (New Events)
« Reply #301 on: March 07, 2012, 03:42:20 pm »

I'm running 1.13.03, searching for historical figures I'm still getting UNKNOWNS:
<figure> "was wounded (UNKNOWN) by" <figure>
<figure> "became a UNKNOWN JOB in" <site>
<figure> "linked (UNKNOWN) to" <figure> --> these seem to be the spouses, maybe should read "got married to"?

"a (UNKNOWN ITEM) was stolen from <tower> by (UNKNOWN HISTORICAL FIGURE). In a theft."
<figure> tamed UNKNOWN in the depths of the world. In a journey."

Thanks for the update, I see the vampire curses, werebeasts and secrets are showing now.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 03:48:05 pm by Kaos »

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 07, 2012, 05:26:14 pm »

Those unknowns that you posted aren't given by the XML. I have no idea if they were left out intentionally do to some difficulty or if they were just forgotten about. I have a bug report in for most of the major things that looked like mistakes to me, but I really need to organize my notes sometime and figure out everything that is missing. Some of data like the spouse link you mentioned above can probably be filled in with some of the new data. The way that we were given some of this new data wasn't optimal so we have to try and work around things like that. Bit of a pain.

Protesilaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 08, 2012, 05:34:54 pm »

Those unknowns that you posted aren't given by the XML.
I thought I would try to document this, here are the side by sides of Legend Mode and Legend Viewer.  I'll see if I can find a reference for some of these (Marriage Event and Herbalist in this case).
Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)

It looks like Married or Gave Birth to information is generated depending on the associated Title for the Historical Figure, so for this event:
In 57, the elf Mawada Viperstroked linked (UNKNOWN) to Disa.
you could get the associated relationship:
the elf Mawada Viperstroked, Spouse
and change the text to "In 57, the elf Mawada Viperstroked married Disa." or something similiar.
The same can be done for children (gave birth to or had a child). 

Also I think the percentage related to a deity controls the "Ardent Worshipper of..." type of messages, but I don't know what values determine what phrasing.

As for the Herbalist job title, I see no way of figuring that out from the information provided.  I can't find any relationship between the Job and the historical event.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 05:50:06 pm by Protesilaus »

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 09, 2012, 09:12:26 am »

It should be pretty easy to fill in the historical figure link event with the marriages and master/apprentices. Birth events don't exist though and I'm not sure if we should try and create our own events to try and fill in that info. The only problem I can see of doing that is that event id's are in order of occurrence, which I might utilize in a couple places, like era event logs. Creating new ids would mess up the order and would need some reworking.

To get the various levels of worship you could use the advanced search, search historical figures then add a criteria for related historical figures that have a specific link strength, then compare those to in game.

Protesilaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 09, 2012, 11:25:19 am »

It should be pretty easy to fill in the historical figure link event with the marriages and master/apprentices. Birth events don't exist though and I'm not sure if we should try and create our own events to try and fill in that info. The only problem I can see of doing that is that event id's are in order of occurrence, which I might utilize in a couple places, like era event logs. Creating new ids would mess up the order and would need some reworking.

To get the various levels of worship you could use the advanced search, search historical figures then add a criteria for related historical figures that have a specific link strength, then compare those to in game.
I wasn't implying that we should have a Birth event, I just assumed it was an event in the game.  I'll see if I can locate the percentage worship and compare that to the text in Dwarf Fortress.  I'll document my results again.  I'll try and track down some more Unknowns and see if I can find corresponding data for that.

Protesilaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 09, 2012, 03:17:35 pm »

Attempting to document a new set of events:

Spoiler: From Legend Viewer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: From Legend Mode (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Events from the XML (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Historical Figure (click to show/hide)

Judging from several other historical figures, the "add hf site link" event doesn't get created from a settling event.  So it looks like the "home site building" event could be ignored if the program would try to cross reference the Historical Figure with the events to display properly.  So I think you could safely search for associated site_links to and when you find "seat of power" to display the proper message.  Also the Entity ID on the site_link gives you the "Coven of Calm" section.  Although I am still digging to find "The Sunny Convent" although I suspect it is probably the only building for the "Coven of Calm" in "Gooseallies".

Spoiler: Entity ID 1682 (click to show/hide)

Last update for a bit probably.  "The Sunny Convent" doesn't appear in the XML file.  So it is not possible at this time to pull that piece of information from into Legend Viewer.  Individual Building names do not appear in the XML, so the contructed (#) will have to remain until that is done.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 03:47:17 pm by Protesilaus »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 10, 2012, 03:35:31 am »

Downloading as we speak.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 10, 2012, 07:18:08 am »

what are those buildings? I mean in-game, I've never really bothered to dig through the in-game legends.

fmunoz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wesnoth.org
« Reply #309 on: March 11, 2012, 05:17:18 pm »

Got some unknown stuff reading legends after abandoning my fortress.

Code: [Select]
Unknown HF Link Type: lover
Unknown Death Cause: scuttled
Unknown Death Cause: blood drained
Unknown Death Cause: collapsed
Unknown Event: masterpiece dye
Unknown masterpiece dye Property: id (372771)
Unknown masterpiece dye Property: year (254)
Unknown masterpiece dye Property: seconds72 (201020)
Unknown masterpiece dye Property: hfid (36935)
Unknown masterpiece dye Property: entity_id (2750)
Unknown masterpiece dye Property: site_id (2056)

Lord_Phoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 12, 2012, 12:24:41 pm »

Well, I grabbed the source a couple days ago and have been working on something for about a day now that I figure people would be interested in given how much they like to dive through legends mode families and what not, and figured that since I've gotten as far as I have with it, I'd give a little peek.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 12:50:41 pm by Lord_Phoenix »

Protesilaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 12, 2012, 12:43:42 pm »

what are those buildings? I mean in-game, I've never really bothered to dig through the in-game legends.
There are temples and churches and stuff that get created.  They only can be seen in adventure mode (I guess you could technically have them in Dwarf Mode if you use a hack to embark ontop of a city), and tend to have Catacombs underneath where kobolds and criminals hang out.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 12, 2012, 01:17:23 pm »

Well, I grabbed the source a couple days ago and have been working on something for about a day now that I figure people would be interested in given how much they like to dive through legends mode families and what not, and figured that since I've gotten as far as I have with it, I'd give a little peek.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Since DF doesn't keep and recognize family names I like to rename the last name of all my little people and their children using family names. Can this work with nicknames too?

Lord_Phoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 12, 2012, 01:45:42 pm »

Since DF doesn't keep and recognize family names I like to rename the last name of all my little people and their children using family names. Can this work with nicknames too?

Pretty sure the XML dump has the nicknames as part of the name and that's brought in directly to the HistoricalFigure's name.  So yes,  I wouldn't have to do anything special to make nicknames show and they already should.

It works directly on the HistoricalFigures like the HistoricalFigurePrinter (the one that shows detailed information about a single historical figure) does so I have access to all that information when creating the tree for each individual in the tree, so I could list all relatives of the root person going back to the maximum generation including all great great uncles and what not.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 12, 2012, 03:27:41 pm »

Sweet sounds nifty...I just wish that DF had like...some sort of naming convention that made following family lines easier
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 44