Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 44

Author Topic: Legends Viewer 1.13 (v40 Compatible)  (Read 315969 times)

Die Nacht

• Bay Watcher
  • [IMMUNE_TO_SOCIAL_LIFE]
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.12.4 (Now Open Source)
« Reply #255 on: February 18, 2012, 04:41:18 pm »

Another one for Deaths.

it doesn't show the Deaths. It doesn't show Deaths, it shows kills.

I'm looking at a civ where the current civ lost 1950 people and the other civ lost 24. HOWEVER, it says Deaths: 24/1950.

That is not true, it should say Deaths 1950/54 OR Kills: 24/1950
'rtg593' Bemongibruk, forumite cancels megaproject: interrupted by 0.34.01.

frankienrg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.12.4 (34.01 Fixes, No New Features)
« Reply #256 on: February 19, 2012, 05:47:06 am »

How do I see if my world has any vampires?

You should add filters like "Is Vampire", "Is Werebeast" and "Is Necromancer".

Answering this for anyone else who may come in with this question. Right now, LV doesn't even recognize that vampire/necromancer/etc exist. I looked at a dwarf who I know is a necromancer and former (RANDOMLY GENERATED POSITION), and it didn't recognize either, just that he settled in a location, linked to a couple of dwarves (apprentice and master, respectively), and created a couple of books.

A lot of work needs to be done just to recognize all the new event types and stuff available. When it does, though, we'll have very comprehensive histories to browse through, heh.

I am actually searching for alive people with 100+ years, settled and alive: managed to find all the necros (recognizable because they write a shit ton of books) and the vamps (by comparing search results with DF Legend mode). I know this excludes newly formed vamps, but it still worked!

zanchito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 19, 2012, 06:08:13 am »

DF doesn't seem to declare what type of night creature entities are. I've seen "changed creature type" events, but they transform into NIGHT_CREATURE_1..9. Still, it could be a new filter  You can find this filter under "Historical Figures" -> "Events".  Here's an example:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 10:26:04 am by zanchito »

Berserkenstein

• Bay Watcher
  • A giant humanoid monster with the head of a bull.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 19, 2012, 12:43:38 pm »

I just genned a long history world and the legends.xml file is 2.53 gigs.  I keep crashing after a while trying to load it.  Can Legends Viewer handle a file that large?

edit - nevermind, it finally finished.  It works fine! >:D

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 19, 2012, 01:01:09 pm »

When watching a Civ's war histories, it shows the V/L (victories/loses) strangely.

If the civ was defending against, then it shows the V/L for the one that attacked (meaning, 0/7 means that the current civ you are viewing WON 7 times and lost 0). HOWEVER if the current civ waged the war against, then it shows it from their point of view (0/7 means they won 0 times and lost 7 times).

This is counter-intuitive. It should show the V/L from the point of view of the current-viewing civ for ALL types of war (def and waged against).

Another one for Deaths.

it doesn't show the Deaths. It doesn't show Deaths, it shows kills.

I'm looking at a civ where the current civ lost 1950 people and the other civ lost 24. HOWEVER, it says Deaths: 24/1950.

That is not true, it should say Deaths 1950/54 OR Kills: 24/1950

I'm seeing everything being displayed properly from the point of view of the civ. If I switch to the other civ in a war the numbers are reversed as they should be. The Death/Kills things probably should be changed, just so that everything is consistent.

I just genned a long history world and the legends.xml file is 2.53 gigs.  I keep crashing after a while trying to load it.  Can Legends Viewer handle a file that large?

edit - nevermind, it finally finished.  It works fine! >:D

Let us know what kind of performance issues you have with such a large file. I've noticed that worlds now have a much larger number of Historical Figures so the searching on them can be a bit slow, but fixable I think.

Berserkenstein

• Bay Watcher
  • A giant humanoid monster with the head of a bull.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 19, 2012, 03:26:01 pm »

It works fine, just a little slow on the load, but that's to be expected.  It takes up a ton of ram though I think.

Scarpa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 19, 2012, 04:16:55 pm »

It works fine, just a little slow on the load, but that's to be expected.  It takes up a ton of ram though I think.

It's a ton of data. Around when Parker started this project (and Mason started WorldViewer) I played with shoving all the data into a SQLite DB so you could query using SQL, not have to have everything in RAM and store the same data on disc in a much more efficient format than XML.

It *did* work in that the size on disc was one third that of XML and once loaded into the DB and the memory usage was low compared to storing it all in memory like Legends Viewer. Queries were not nearly as fast but they were tolerable and the one-time data transform and load took forever.

Ultimately the data just didn't fit into a relational DB schema and I abandoned the experiment.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 04:21:05 pm by Scarpa »

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.13.01 (Now Open Source)
« Reply #262 on: February 19, 2012, 09:21:15 pm »

13.01 Release

Just a start to using some of this new data. Put together the Related Historical Figures, so now you can see Mother/Father/Child/Spouse/Deity/Master/Apprentice links.

It reads in a few other simple HF properties like "Active Interaction", "Interaction Knowledge", "Goal", "Journey Pet", and "Animated Type". None of the logs are updated with this data, but you can use the advanced search to explore them, so now you can find vampires/werebeasts by searching for active interactions.

I found a few other bugs causing crashes too.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 20, 2012, 02:09:06 pm »

Just genned a world that I really want to take a look at, but it always crashes when trying to export the site+biome map.  I've had several worldgens do this.  Anyone know of a workaround?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 20, 2012, 02:55:25 pm »

Could you please add a guide for what depicts what on the map?
I get the civs and such, but the colors of dots are not always decipherable for me.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Llamageddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 21, 2012, 02:19:25 am »

Just genned a world that I really want to take a look at, but it always crashes when trying to export the site+biome map.  I've had several worldgens do this.  Anyone know of a workaround?

I had this problem but then it appeared I could load it up anyway, I'm not sure if it was crashing but saving it anyway or I was loading the general map info export you choose when finishing the worldgen before going to legends mode. Hope this helps, I never managed to stop it crashing.

yamamushi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #266 on: February 23, 2012, 11:35:04 pm »

I'm getting a crash with this error while parsing the legends:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.HFDied..ctor(List`1 properties, World world)
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.XMLParser.AddEvent(String type, List`1 properties)
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.XMLParser.AddItemToWorld(List`1 properties)
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.XMLParser.ParseSection()
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.XMLParser.Parse()
   at LegendsViewer.Legends.World..ctor(String xmlFile, String historyFile, String sitesAndPopulationsFile, String mapFile)
   at LegendsViewer.frmLegendsViewer.loadWorld_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

Below are my worldgen settings
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That world resulted in a 1.75gb legends file, and it takes a very long time to generate if you want to try to run the legends viewer on it. But I'm not sure the world itself is the cause for the crash...
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper GOLD - 475+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 24, 2012, 09:34:09 am »

I genned that world and it loads fine though the XML is only 1GB in size. If you are using any mods I'll need to see the save or compressed exported files instead.

Protesilaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 24, 2012, 01:16:30 pm »

I am getting a Null Reference Exception in HFDied World event since the HistoricalFigure was never set.  I'm debugging the code to see if I can find where HistoricalFigure was supposed to be set.  I'll attach further details if I find the cause.

=== EDIT ===
Okay, the HistoricalFigure was never set, because it never existed (or at least isn't getting exported in the XML).  I will try to come up with a fix for this.

This is my Legends Archive, its generating the same exception as yamamushi
http://the-guildhall.net/images/Region2ModifiedRAW.zip
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 02:18:55 pm by Protesilaus »

Protesilaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 24, 2012, 02:37:41 pm »

I made a quick change where if an event gets a null as the Historical Figure then I will return a Historical Figure with dummy data.  It seems that under some situations there can be XML files generated form Legend Mode that will not contain all the Historical Figures.  I attached a compiled version of the code for anyone who wants to get up and running right away, as well as modified source code containing my change.

A little more information, probably should make a bug for Dwarf Fortress.  I found the mysterious creature who didn't appear in the XML file:

Compiled:
http://the-guildhall.net/images/LegendViewer.zip

Source:
http://the-guildhall.net/images/Protesilaus-Legends-Viewer.zip
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 03:10:34 pm by Protesilaus »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 44