Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 44

Author Topic: Legends Viewer 1.13 (v40 Compatible)  (Read 315920 times)

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.12 (Advanced Search)
« Reply #195 on: September 28, 2011, 11:44:06 am »

CTRL+Click will open pages in new tabs. I could never get it to work with the middle mouse button as is common for web browsers. Also check the readme section "Using Legends Viewer" too make sure there isn't any other helpful features you might have missed.

Crioca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 29, 2011, 09:56:41 am »

CTRL+Click will open pages in new tabs. I could never get it to work with the middle mouse button as is common for web browsers. Also check the readme section "Using Legends Viewer" too make sure there isn't any other helpful features you might have missed.

Oh, thank you. :-X

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.11.2 (Charts)
« Reply #197 on: October 18, 2011, 02:42:36 pm »

They shouldn't if your map is properly sized. The detailed maps will be the correct size, but the ascii map will most likely need to be re-sized. I can't do the re-sizing automatically because I don't know the world dimensions. I've thought about trying to estimate world dimensions using site coordinates, but I'm not sure how reliable it would be.
how i can resize my map?
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
  • UUUUU,.,..,..,U,.""T"T"T"T""T
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 18, 2011, 04:34:04 pm »

open up a paint program like paintshop pro or whatever, and load the map from your current game, usually called, "world_map_region....." or "world_graphic_region....."

Then go to dropdown menu "image", select "resize"  and change the number of pixels to 4112 (for the large region size map) for both x and y dimensions. Save the newly sized map...I usually just save over the original map to save time and confusion.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 04:37:30 pm by Chromasphere »
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 19, 2011, 12:03:53 pm »

And there is no fix for the UNKNOWN things?
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
  • UUUUU,.,..,..,U,.""T"T"T"T""T
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 21, 2011, 10:58:38 am »

Your welcome
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 22, 2011, 05:51:39 am »

And there is no fix for the UNKNOWN things?
That's Toady's work. As it says in legends, it's an incomplete XML dump so doesn't include specifics yet.

MAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Philosopher King
    • View Profile
    • Marcus Aurelius Let's Play
« Reply #202 on: October 30, 2011, 08:13:33 pm »

This is a really fun program. Not sure why the original game makes you abandon your fortress just to view the world's history - that makes no sense at all, but that's a criticism of the game and not this fantastic program!

One questions I have is that I am very used to knowing my dwarves by their nickname (from all the Let's Plays I've seen it appears many people do). Is there any way to import nickname info into this program? I was able to find my fortress, but I had no clue who was who because they were listed by their given name and not their nickname.

In fact, I wish the game would let you just change their real name completely, and not just nickname them. It may seem a bit disjointed compared to all the other names in the world, but it's MY world. I named many of my dwarves after friends and it would be cool to give them a snapshot of what "their" dorf has been up to, in a way that engages them more than "Urist McUristy".

Thanks!

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 31, 2011, 07:17:48 am »

I know I have seen nicknames exported in the past. Do you set nicknames with an external program like Dwarf Therapist? Might try and set them up manually through the game instead.

MAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Philosopher King
    • View Profile
    • Marcus Aurelius Let's Play
« Reply #204 on: October 31, 2011, 05:10:48 pm »

Yes, I use Dwarf Therapist to change the nicknames. Has anyone else who is following this thread been successful seeing nicknames in Legend Viewer when changes are made directly to DF itself? Please let me know.

Thanks!

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 07, 2012, 10:08:56 am »

It's great reading through the history and the battles. I just had to checkout my current region as my dwarf's are obsessed with artwork relating to this hydra who seems to have butchered half the region, as to why they'd want to record their fellow dwarfs deaths i don't know. Also found this human who went around killing hydra's and many other really tough enemies then settled down in a hamlet, got a job and then died of starvation...
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 14, 2012, 04:58:37 am »

Hello Parker,
There's been some... developments.
                          From NobodyPro.

Aerval

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 14, 2012, 08:01:28 am »

Hello Parker,
There's been some... developments.
                          From NobodyPro.
+1

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 14, 2012, 09:53:57 am »

It crashes now due to a little change in the sites and populations text file, if you delete the "Civilized World Population" section down to and including the "Sites" line you can get it to run. Unfortunately my new content finding code dumps several hundred thousand lines of text causing huge memory problems due to all the new info.

Just looking through some of it I believe we can know finally create family trees something I have wanted for a long time. Looks like a number of new events dealing with secrets and new historical figure interactions.

The bad news is I don't really have time to work on this anymore. I think I'm going to put the source up on GitHUB so someone else can work on it and will see if I can get it up tonight. I'll see if I can at the very least cleanup the log issues so that you can view all the old data at least.

zanchito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 14, 2012, 06:15:09 pm »

Hello, Parker!

I would like to help with the development of  your tool , I'm a software engineer and I'm confident I could lend a worthy hand. Actually, I was thinking of doing my own tool (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=100782.msg2987035#msg2987035) before I checked out yours, which is very nice!

Please let me know if you're interested in getting any help. :)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 06:17:05 pm by zanchito »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 44