Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 44

Author Topic: Legends Viewer 1.13 (v40 Compatible)  (Read 315828 times)

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
  • UUUUU,.,..,..,U,.""T"T"T"T""T
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.09 (Historical Map)
« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2011, 01:14:03 am »

...While you're waiting for him to reply.... here are my legends, history etc files (if you feel like checking them out).  I'm getting similar errors.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ck6zix
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2011, 05:38:32 am »

Erk sorry I've been modding and didn't notice this thread. Must have fallen down past the first page and I didn't see it.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2011, 08:30:52 am »

...While you're waiting for him to reply.... here are my legends, history etc files (if you feel like checking them out).  I'm getting similar errors.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ck6zix

Thanks. I found a couple odd things going on that caused those errors. The scavengers in your files act like kobolds where they don't actually found sites, but on top of that they can engage in war and have their sites destroyed and reclaim sites causing some site ownership errors. Other problem I've actually seen once on a old save where collections like wars/battles reference events that aren't in the XML or have incorrect event ids. Still some things I need to get worked out, but I'll see if I can get a fix up this evening.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 05, 2011, 09:33:55 am »

YAY! that's probably what happened in mine, too.  I don't have scavengers, but I do have modded kobolds that actually survive long enough to reclaim their caves.

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 05, 2011, 01:06:04 pm »

In case you need to know:   I am playing with Genesis mod plus my own race as civ_controllable.  Sorry, I should have said that before.
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.09.1 (Historical Map)
« Reply #95 on: April 05, 2011, 09:30:59 pm »

Hopefully got those crashes fixed. Fixing that made me remember about a few other little bugs too. Still might be some odd things for kobolds and kobold like civs, but it should run.

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 06, 2011, 01:28:00 am »

Works fine now.  Just something to note:  If you have both the exported map(ascii/tile map) AND the standard biome+site map in the same directory, you will also get the error messages similar to what was stated above.

I want to thank you for the time you've spent on making this program run with mods.  I find it very useful and enjoyable.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 06, 2011, 03:48:04 am »

Confirmed as working for me, even on my heavilly modded files.

I still get alot of "duplicate name" things, but then again I do have 2000 sites and 20,000 people so I guess some unoriginality in naming is to be expected.  It all still shows up correctly so far as I can see.

killran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 06, 2011, 11:45:13 am »

This is a great program, used it quite a lot with my adventurer games.

Was just wondering if the leader entries only worked with the rulers of a kingdom. For example new kings, queens, princesses etc have the relavent entry in the legends viewer ("person became queen of nation in 456" etc). However bandit leaders and lord/ladies don't have any entries detailing when they got their position. Just wondering if this is a problem on my download or just the way it is at the moment?

Thanks for any help!

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 06, 2011, 11:50:37 am »

This looks awesome.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 06, 2011, 12:06:26 pm »

From my Sites and Pops:

Code: [Select]
15: Ebrabdutoslusp, "Trifleecho", cave
18 giant earthworms
13 dralthas
9 giant rats
16 naked mole dogs
14 giant cave swallows
8 large rats
13 giant moles
350 cave spiders
500 bats

I assume this is the problem you ran into.  As you can see it has a standard goblinspeak cave name, yet it appears kobolds claimed it and then died off, or something.  The name "Trifleecho" is deffinitely an [UTTERANCE], even tho that name is supposed to have been translated into common language, like "The Cave of Death" or something.

Or maybe something like this?

Code: [Select]
4: Akarramurigogun, "Spinesscars", cave
Owner: Jrorer, kobolds
Parent Civ: Blukus, kobolds
1 black demon

Bad place to put a cave, guys... I have kobolds all over the place in small camp-type areas.  But this was the only cave I could find that was still claimed by my kobolds.  And it appears a demon has ate them all.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 12:09:14 pm by Jeoshua »

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 06, 2011, 12:38:38 pm »

This is a great program, used it quite a lot with my adventurer games.

Was just wondering if the leader entries only worked with the rulers of a kingdom. For example new kings, queens, princesses etc have the relavent entry in the legends viewer ("person became queen of nation in 456" etc). However bandit leaders and lord/ladies don't have any entries detailing when they got their position. Just wondering if this is a problem on my download or just the way it is at the moment?

Thanks for any help!
Its a problem with the XML dump, it exports the "add hf entity link" which should contain that info, but it doesn't. I can get the rulers from the history text file though so we get those at least. I've got a bug report up with whats missing from XML dump, but you never know when it will get fixed. Probably need to update it too since there is some things I forgot to include.

I assume this is the problem you ran into. 
The problem was with sites being destroyed or reclaimed. Normally when a site is destroyed it notes it in the previous owner's history, but since kobold like civs don't have events that say they claimed a site it couldn't tell who owned the site when it was destroyed and was trying to update info that wasn't there.

Also sites can just die out and its never reported in Legends, so kobold sites can be difficult to find since they don't report claiming a site and then starve to death and never report they lost the site. Probably need to put together a bug report about some site loss/creation isn't being reported in Legends.

killran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 06, 2011, 02:37:25 pm »

Ok then guess I will just have to wait ;).

Thanks again for making this though. I used to have 2 DF programmes running at once (one playing adventure mode and the other on legends) but that caused nemsis errors during my games so glad I found this :)

EDIT: Also out of interest, how does it decide whether a battle is notable or not?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 05:12:28 pm by killran »

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 06, 2011, 04:48:06 pm »

parker, can I make a request?

I've done alot of work on the languages in my game, and having them always translated is kind of getting in the way a bit.  Is it possible to have a "translate" checkbox?

And a way to display Entities by [ENTITY] instead of just [CREATURE]?  Or is that kind of info even exported?  I know the game calls my [CREATURE:HUMAN] Nordic entity's cities "Human Town of Suchandsuch", and just uses a different entity file for language and ethics and such, so it might not track this data, let alone export it.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 05:11:10 pm by Jeoshua »

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 06, 2011, 06:48:06 pm »

Also out of interest, how does it decide whether a battle is notable or not?
Where the attacker outnumbers the defender 10 to 1 and wins and attacker suffer losses less than 10% of their total numbers. Also, all Pillagings are considered unnotable as well since they are so frequent and just clutter up lists. I think it works well for wars that seem to get stuck in a loop of battles and pillagings.

parker, can I make a request?

I've done alot of work on the languages in my game, and having them always translated is kind of getting in the way a bit.  Is it possible to have a "translate" checkbox?

And a way to display Entities by [ENTITY] instead of just [CREATURE]?  Or is that kind of info even exported?  I know the game calls my [CREATURE:HUMAN] Nordic entity's cities "Human Town of Suchandsuch", and just uses a different entity file for language and ethics and such, so it might not track this data, let alone export it.
I think sites is the only place where I can get untranslated names, since it lists them in the sites text file. Best I can do for entities is race, XML dump doesn't even list race for entities so I can only get race from civs and their site entities listed in the sites or history files, that's why there is a bunch of "unknown" entities if anyone has noticed.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 44