Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 44

Author Topic: Legends Viewer 1.13 (v40 Compatible)  (Read 315816 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.09 (Historical Map)
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2011, 02:12:57 pm »

This utility rocks :)
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2011, 03:45:28 am »

Thank GOD you have a map link up, now! There was that other Legends viewer that SUPPOSEDLY did this, but never worked for me.  This one does.  Thank you for adding it.  Now I can find out where I need to go in the world with my Adventurer to raid all those Kobold caves where everyone died out at the beginnign of time.  Artifacts from the Age of Myth, here I come.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2011, 06:23:38 am »

This is looking very interesting.

Pirra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2011, 10:34:10 am »

Awesomeness all around.
While I could go into suggesting a far more complex system than this... For now I'll just say I support this idea.

echonic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2011, 03:01:52 pm »

I really like the World Stats!

Awesome job on this, really look forward to more and more.

Aerval

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2011, 01:32:42 pm »

Thank you very much parker for this nice utility. Apparently it's super awesome.

Unfortunately I've some problems with it. At my win7 computer all works fine but at the winXP pc some important features don't work. As you can see in the spoiler-image, the civ-icons and the minimap are not supported. Further the links are broken (only shift + click tries to open it in IE, control + click and simple left clicks do not do what they should). The map tab is fine but not the textmaps. A minor problem are the links for the xml ... upload. They are shown in a very light blue and near unreadability. (I've installed .Net 4, 3.5 and 2, this can't be the problem)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Further I've some suggestions: Maybe you could improve the whole tab handling, so that you can change the order of the tabs. Including the middle mouse button would be very nice as well (middle mouse button click on link: open in a new tab, middle mouse button on the tabhead: close the tab). It would make it much easier to handle many tabs

Thanks in advance for the legendary legends viewer  :D

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2011, 06:43:36 pm »

You can try updating Internet Explorer and see if that fixes it. Not sure why, but the .NET WebBrowser component relies on whatever version of IE you have installed on your computer. I wanted to have middle mouse click open tabs, but that was another issue with the IE component. I don't like using the IE browser but I haven't really been happy with any other solutions.

I'll put tab management on my todo list though and double check opening tabs with the middle mouse button.

LionSilverWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Shrodinger's Kit
    • View Profile
    • LionWolf Studio
« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2011, 08:25:49 pm »

It wasn't automatically finding the map file, and glitched out and refused to work without it.
Why is this covered in blood?

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2011, 05:24:29 am »

Code: [Select]
Sequence contains no elements
   at LegendsViewer.DwarfWorld..ctor(String xmlFile, String historyFile, String sitepopsFile, String mapFile)
   at LegendsViewer.frmLegendsViewer.loadWorld_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

I get this routinely now.  All maps exported, xml exported, site pops and all that jazz exported.  I select them all and this is what I get.  I select one... this is what I get.  Basically, I can't get anything other than this no matter what I try.

I'm on a 64-bit computer with 64 bit Vista, and 64 bit .Net.  I don't think that's the cause but maybe? I don't know, it works fine on the other computer!

edit: I just noticed the suggestion to try IE9.  I'm downloading and will try it, but jesus I hate a browser that takes 20 minutes to download on a modern connection  >:(
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 08:20:03 am by Jeoshua »

Aerval

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2011, 07:24:29 am »

You can try updating Internet Explorer and see if that fixes it. Not sure why, but the .NET WebBrowser component relies on whatever version of IE you have installed on your computer. I wanted to have middle mouse click open tabs, but that was another issue with the IE component. I don't like using the IE browser but I haven't really been happy with any other solutions.

I'll put tab management on my todo list though and double check opening tabs with the middle mouse button.

Thank you very much, now it works great :)

And I thought I'll never need the IE again

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
  • UUUUU,.,..,..,U,.""T"T"T"T""T
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2011, 08:29:15 am »

Code: [Select]
Sequence contains no elements
   at LegendsViewer.DwarfWorld..ctor(String xmlFile, String historyFile, String sitepopsFile, String mapFile)
   at LegendsViewer.frmLegendsViewer.loadWorld_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

I get this routinely now.  ...I'm on a 64-bit computer

I'm getting this as well.  I'm on a 32-bit comp, just reinstalled XP so not sure if there's something I forgot to install with it or not.
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2011, 08:48:33 am »

Installing IE9 did NADA to help this problem.

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2011, 09:08:52 am »

It happens on any world files or just a particular world? I might just have to look at the files myself if that is the case. Otherwise it might be some problem with the auto file selection. You could try to archive the files and load them that way since it has an easier time getting the right files.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2011, 09:23:19 am »

I've tried 3 separate worlds.  One heavily modded and large.  I thought that might be causing issues so I tried a vanilla pocket world... also a no go.  Then I remodded the game and tried a large world again, still no dice.  I have 7zip so I'll try to make an archive right now... hold on.

EDIT:

Displays "Extracting...", this sure takes a while.  I'm watching the files grow on the disk now as they're being extracted.  Dumps them out of the archive just fine, then displays this same error as above.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 09:29:28 am by Jeoshua »

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2011, 09:43:17 am »

Can you upload the archive so I check if it runs for me?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 44