Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 44

Author Topic: Legends Viewer 1.13 (v40 Compatible)  (Read 315971 times)

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.13.04
« Reply #330 on: March 16, 2012, 04:42:38 pm »

All the file loading stuff is a mess and needs to be redone. I will look into the error though.

Artifacts I was going to just throw into the advanced search, but completely forgot about it. Not a whole lot happens with the artifacts so I'm not sure if I will try to squeeze in an extra tab for them.

I didn't even realize there could be multiple journey_pet entries. Guess that is the fault of my XML parsing.

It should be pretty simple to fill in some of the link events. Some of them will require extra work if the link is missing, which can often be the case for night creatures. Some of those event links won't be possible to fill like imprisonment, which only seem to exist in game. Though that one might just be a special temporary link for night creatures after they abduct someone, which might make it possible to fill in. That is what I hate about this new data, we are left to fill in gaps of events when those gaps could have been filled in and we could have created everything else off the events.

Thanks for the input, appreciate it.

MoloMowChow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 18, 2012, 12:19:25 am »

Is there a way to find specific night creatures such as vampires? It seems all night creatures are lumped into 1 category

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 18, 2012, 12:36:15 am »

Is there a way to find specific night creatures such as vampires? It seems all night creatures are lumped into 1 category

+1

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 18, 2012, 07:40:29 pm »

We aren't given any additional info for night creatures so they just get all lumped together as night creatures. Vampires can be found by using the advanced search with the following search criteria: "Active Interaction" > "Contains" > "Vampire". I could create a shortcut for vampires and werebeasts on the historical figure tab.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 18, 2012, 09:57:47 pm »

So here's a feature request:

Having a region toggle, that displays the name of the region the cursor is pointing to on the map image, would be pretty helpful. (It could display where the site information displays if you have it toggled on.)

Or the region entry could display a snapshot of the map generally focused on the region....sort of like the site pages and other various pages do. Being able to search for a region doesn't help you when you can't find it except by other historical digging. (I found the general area the one I was interested in was by checking historical events that provide a image of where it happened.)
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 19, 2012, 12:08:32 am »

We aren't given any information about locations of regions. In some cases it might be possible to build the region location by using site locations. For the most part it would just be really messy and incomplete. It will happen though when we get that data.

If anyone wants to Legends Viewer to be have all the data from legends mode it would be cool if you would take a look at this suggestion topic that I put together about the XML dump. It includes a list of all the missing data required to build legends mode 100% from the XML. Maybe if some people post why we want this data it would make it a little more likely to see some of it added in the near future. Or even if you have suggestions for additional data that you would like to see exported or any other comments would be good.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 19, 2012, 02:33:38 am »

We aren't given any additional info for night creatures so they just get all lumped together as night creatures. Vampires can be found by using the advanced search with the following search criteria: "Active Interaction" > "Contains" > "Vampire". I could create a shortcut for vampires and werebeasts on the historical figure tab.

Little shortcuts like this would be pretty nice. certainly make it more accessible to people just picking it up.

Azahiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 21, 2012, 02:59:45 pm »

This is absolutely brilliant! However, I get a lot of "unknowns", particularly the jobs. I was researching a vampire dwarf who became the mayor of my fortress and there are many "in 169 Urist McVampiremayor became a UNKNOWN JOB in Yourfortressname" and such. This is same not only to my dwarfs of course but pretty much all figures.

On as site note...DF always stated by "Dump XML" that it's (incomplete). Dunno if that matters.

EDIT: Yeeeaaah......the "read the first post" rule is for a reason I guess...now I know that reason ;)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 06:30:10 pm by Azahiel »

Azahiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 21, 2012, 03:01:09 pm »

Double post because of some error with my connection. sorry...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 03:05:01 pm by Azahiel »

Spreggo

• Bay Watcher
  • A vile force of darkness has arrived!
    • View Profile
    • skullsprout games
« Reply #339 on: March 21, 2012, 04:20:40 pm »

Posting to watch - Thanks for this!

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 25, 2012, 12:46:04 am »

In 242, Aco abducted the human Senre Bloworacle from Abbeyclimax. In an abduction

This event line is a little redundant.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 30, 2012, 09:49:22 am »

I'd just like to post to express my appreciation for this amazing tool.  It has without a doubt changed the way I play and think about DF.  Graphics of civ sites, battles, searching by kill counts, wars, tabs, maps.. All so cool.  Now when I embark I can make sure I start as the civ that's had the most awesome history.  Has anyone considered incorporating this tool into the lazy newb pack?  its got some pretty awesome functionality that opens up a whole new aspect of the game for enjoyment.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 30, 2012, 11:04:23 am »

There has been several requests for LV to be in LNP(in the LNP thead), i think it was under consideration ;p so in v12 it may appear.
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 11, 2012, 03:10:26 pm »

Wow, this is a really awesome tool for...anyone really.

Any chance you might be able to add a tool to find the various procedurally generated night creatures? (or even the evil rain/evil mist effect stuff?) I've been trying to find one of the deadlier werebeasts (werebear, weremammoth, wereelephant, ect) near a fortress in the hopes of making an army of them...For !!SCIENCE.

I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

EternallySlaying

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 11, 2012, 10:29:12 pm »

This looks like this is pretty useful.
Scamps could !!code!! this himself!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 44