Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 44

Author Topic: Legends Viewer 1.13 (v40 Compatible)  (Read 315979 times)

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.13.03 (New Events)
« Reply #315 on: March 12, 2012, 03:51:34 pm »

Got some unknown stuff reading legends after abandoning my fortress.

Code: [Select]
Unknown HF Link Type: lover
Unknown Death Cause: scuttled
Unknown Death Cause: blood drained
Unknown Death Cause: collapsed
Unknown Event: masterpiece dye
Unknown masterpiece dye Property: id (372771)
Unknown masterpiece dye Property: year (254)
Unknown masterpiece dye Property: seconds72 (201020)
Unknown masterpiece dye Property: hfid (36935)
Unknown masterpiece dye Property: entity_id (2750)
Unknown masterpiece dye Property: site_id (2056)

Thanks, I hadn't looked into fortress mode or adventure mode to see if those modes gave any different data.

Well, I grabbed the source a couple days ago and have been working on something for about a day now that I figure people would be interested in given how much they like to dive through legends mode families and what not, and figured that since I've gotten as far as I have with it, I'd give a little peek.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That looks like a great start. When building the tree in the other direction depending on how you are building the tree there might be a little problem with historical figure links that we will have to figure out how to handle. When a night creature transforms someone, any previous spouses are removed from that hf. Shouldn't be difficult to rebuild if needed though.

Since DF doesn't keep and recognize family names I like to rename the last name of all my little people and their children using family names. Can this work with nicknames too?

The XML will show those nicknames, though I believe they have to be set up in-game and not through something like Dwarf Therapist. I had looked into it awhile back and that was the case anyways, not sure if it has changed.

Lord_Phoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 12, 2012, 06:56:36 pm »

Sweet sounds nifty...I just wish that DF had like...some sort of naming convention that made following family lines easier

Would be nice if like, say, each dwarf (and human and anything else with last names) at the start of world gen had their own unique last name that carried on through marriage and child birth.  You'd probably wind up with quite a few worlds where you had a predominate family, and probably have a lot of dwarf equivalents to John Smith.  You'd have to drastically increase the number of initial dwarves to prevent that.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 12, 2012, 07:08:02 pm »

I cant imagine it would be to hard to form new names in world gen. Anyone that moves from one location another could get a new name or wars/fights could give names through titles etc...

Lord_Phoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 12, 2012, 07:12:11 pm »

I cant imagine it would be to hard to form new names in world gen. Anyone that moves from one location another could get a new name or wars/fights could give names through titles etc...

Kind of defeats the purpose of having a family name to be able to more easily track a family, don't you think?

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 12, 2012, 07:16:02 pm »

Kind of defeats the purpose of having a family name to be able to more easily track a family, don't you think?

Don't children have entirely different family names from their parents, already?
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 12, 2012, 09:46:41 pm »

It was just an example and a realistic one at that about how names could deviate over time to avoid only 3 family names in a civilization or something.

It would of course be adjusted as necessary...but no it would not. Unless every generation of a family moves...and if they do then dont use that method.

Lord_Phoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 12, 2012, 10:19:33 pm »

It was just an example and a realistic one at that about how names could deviate over time to avoid only 3 family names in a civilization or something.

It would of course be adjusted as necessary...but no it would not. Unless every generation of a family moves...and if they do then dont use that method.

You know, it wouldn't be hard to do this with the data in the XML dump.  Just need to find the firsts of each dwarf (or human or whatever) and append a random name to the end of their actual name and then walk it down to all their children and their children and their children.  That way you'd have a first, middle, and an arbitrary last name.  Wouldn't exist in game though.  Would also change each time you loaded the world.  Unless you use a set list where names are given out in the same order each time.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 12, 2012, 11:26:51 pm »

Anything that makes more sense then Bobby Joe and Jack Sheen making Arza Quicksilver and things like that...though in game would be best of course so you can link names and families through your fortress history. Though I know most people dont have excessively long forts. I play humans usually and I play with birth for growth (low pop cap to stop immigrants) though so my games last a long while and are generational (as humans start dieing at as low as 60).

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 12, 2012, 11:33:51 pm »

A goal of mine is to be able to view and search families from various stats that we build off them. The way I have always envisioned it is that families are named after the first 2 historical figures that started that line, probably the male figure. The family is then maintained through male offspring. Though having the option to build the family tree maternally would be an interesting option too. Don't think it would be difficult to do both.

Another thing to add would be some sort of indicator to the event logs that shows that a historical figure is interacting with someone he is related to and how closely related they are and not limited to just their given family line.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 11:16:57 am by Parker147 »

fmunoz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wesnoth.org
« Reply #324 on: March 14, 2012, 05:43:08 pm »

Got some unknown stuff reading legends after abandoning my fortress.

Unknown HF Link Type: lover
Unknown Death Cause: scuttled
Unknown Death Cause: blood drained
Unknown Death Cause: collapsed
Unknown Event: masterpiece dye
Unknown masterpiece dye Property: id (372771)
Unknown masterpiece dye Property: year (254)

Unknown masterpiece dye Property: seconds72 (201020)
Unknown masterpiece dye Property: hfid (36935)
Unknown masterpiece dye Property: entity_id (2750)
Unknown masterpiece dye Property: site_id (2056)

Thanks, I hadn't looked into fortress mode or adventure mode to see if those modes gave any different data.

The "collapsed" death cause is when you hit an undead enough.

Unknown HistoricalFigures Property: adventurer
You will be missing this one too.

Also missing are the curses and secrets, I can post some xml samples for you (getting them from the initial source or another from other means)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 14, 2012, 07:13:06 pm »

Question/request: Is there a way to keep multiple tabs open at once in the view pane? If I double-click on a list entry from the left and it's a tab on the right, how do I get another tab over there without losing the first?

If that's not a feature idea yet, I would love for it to be. It seems that's what you're intending anyways.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 15, 2012, 10:34:08 am »

CTRL+Clicking on just about anything will open up new tabs if that is what you mean. Unless something isn't working right.

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.13.04
« Reply #327 on: March 15, 2012, 08:35:02 pm »

Minor little update. Fixed a couple crashes and added a few misc things to the historical figure page like interactions, goals, spheres, etc. I might attempt to finish up reading in the rest of the new data this weekend. I think the main thing left is just site/entity links for historical figures. Then need to look and see if any other sort of processing needs to be done for the new events.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 15, 2012, 08:40:51 pm »

CTRL+Clicking on just about anything will open up new tabs if that is what you mean. Unless something isn't working right.

That was it. Many thanks!
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

HiEv

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Counter-Earth
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.13.04
« Reply #329 on: March 16, 2012, 02:34:28 pm »

A few suggestions:

Fix it so that if you set the XML source but don't set the map image before hitting "Load" it won't crash.  Either a warning message explaining that a map image needs to be set should appear or it should pick some "default" image from the same directory.

Add in an "Artifacts" tab so they can be seen and searched on.

Show all "journey_pet" entries for historical figures (for example, I have one figure that tamed four, but it only shows the last one).  In a related note, assume that the "tamed UNKNOWN"s are the journey_pets in the same order.

If two creatures are linked, check to see if one is the spouse, master, or apprentice of the other, if so you can assume that that's what the link is.
The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 44