Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 44

Author Topic: Legends Viewer 1.13 (v40 Compatible)  (Read 315906 times)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.12 (Advanced Search)
« Reply #210 on: February 14, 2012, 07:49:13 pm »

The bad news is I don't really have time to work on this anymore. I think I'm going to put the source up on GitHUB so someone else can work on it and will see if I can get it up tonight. I'll see if I can at the very least cleanup the log issues so that you can view all the old data at least.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo......................

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 14, 2012, 08:43:10 pm »

Hello, Parker!

I would like to help with the development of  your tool , I'm a software engineer and I'm confident I could lend a worthy hand. Actually, I was thinking of doing my own tool (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=100782.msg2987035#msg2987035) before I checked out yours, which is very nice!

Please let me know if you're interested in getting any help. :)

Any help will be great. I don't think I will be able to get the code on GitHub until this weekend. Currently though the project is a mess. Over my holiday break I had started moving things around to fix some of my awful code from when I started, but never finished. I think parts of it will need to be entirely scrapped or just start from scratch again. I guess we can decide what to do after its available and get some other eyes to look at it.

Don't think I'm going to be able to get a fixed version out until this weekend either, mainly because I never found time to properly test the changes I made over my holiday break and have already noticed a few bugs.

But for those interested I spent some of my day looking through all the new data and compiled a list of what I have found:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Number of neato things we can now play with. Only did my testing on a single world with a short history so there might be the possibility of some rare events I haven't seen yet.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 14, 2012, 11:24:31 pm »

It crashes now due to a little change in the sites and populations text file, if you delete the "Civilized World Population" section down to and including the "Sites" line you can get it to run. Unfortunately my new content finding code dumps several hundred thousand lines of text causing huge memory problems due to all the new info.

Can you explain where to delete that?  Is it in the lore dump itself?  I'm not sure what programs I have that can even open a half-gig text file...
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 15, 2012, 12:02:55 am »

Edit: Here is a beta for 34.01: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5505

Number of bugs, so please don't bother reporting any issues with this. Simply prevents crashing for the 34.01 files, doesn't add anything new.

Use at your own risk.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 12:14:43 am by Parker147 »

zanchito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 15, 2012, 04:27:47 am »

Parker: it's okay, take whatever time you need to clean up. If you're okay with it, I'd not mind having some code to look at, just to get myself familiar with your way of doing things.

Lockyy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tales from the Fortress
« Reply #215 on: February 15, 2012, 04:41:11 am »

Just as a suggestion:

Having looked at this vs. world viewer I've noticed one dire feature of legends viewer. The layout of information in the civilisation view.
If/when this is updated, would some time be able to be spent changing that interface to be laid out as less of a list and more of the tabled view on world viewer? Up till now I was using a really old version of world viewer but now that isn't an option and I'm left with legends viewer.
Tales from the Fortress is my website dedicated to archiving stories from the world of dwarf fortress.

Now updated to include a DF2014 section!

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 15, 2012, 05:14:34 am »

Re: Rare events
You would know, of all people, but I found a young girl who was 'reunited' with her mother. Possible new event?

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 15, 2012, 08:42:22 am »

Just as a suggestion:

Having looked at this vs. world viewer I've noticed one dire feature of legends viewer. The layout of information in the civilisation view.
If/when this is updated, would some time be able to be spent changing that interface to be laid out as less of a list and more of the tabled view on world viewer? Up till now I was using a really old version of world viewer but now that isn't an option and I'm left with legends viewer.

Yeah I've wanted to try and make a better layout. I started with the simple HTML layout in the beginning because I was more focused on creating the event logs, which it works well for, but then as I started utilizing all the other data I just started tacking things onto the list and its a bit messy now. I had tried to make the lists collapsible, but was never satisfied with it because once you leave a page it doesn't remember which lists were collapsed so if you return back your not in the same position on the page. I've always wanted to get this working on Mac/Linux, but the major thing holding that back is the whole HTML thing too so a different type a layout would make it easier.

Re: Rare events
You would know, of all people, but I found a young girl who was 'reunited' with her mother. Possible new event?
There was a reunion event previously. If there are any new events I missed it will state them in the Beta version's log.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 15, 2012, 02:34:21 pm »

Hello, Parker!

I would like to help with the development of  your tool , I'm a software engineer and I'm confident I could lend a worthy hand. Actually, I was thinking of doing my own tool (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=100782.msg2987035#msg2987035) before I checked out yours, which is very nice!

Please let me know if you're interested in getting any help. :)

Great news hearing development is resuming on this tool, you definitely have my full support. :)

E: The current patch seems to be non-functioning (multiple errors after parsing finishes loading) not sure whether a report would be helpful or wanted but here's one anyway:

Using a Win7 32-bit system and previous version worked fine

Quote from: legends viewer report
Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length
   at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)
   at LegendsViewer.DwarfWorld.ParseSiteAndPops(StreamReader sitepops)
   at LegendsViewer.DwarfWorld..ctor(String xmlFile, String historyFile, String sitepopsFile, String mapFile)
   at LegendsViewer.frmLegendsViewer.loadWorld_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

Quote from: operating system report
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at LegendsViewer.frmLegendsViewer.AfterLoad()
   at LegendsViewer.frmLegendsViewer.btnLoad_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at LegendsViewer.frmLegendsViewer.openFiles(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.239 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
LegendsViewer
    Assembly Version: 1.1.3.0
    Win32 Version: 1.1.2.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ash/Documents/Bay12%20Stuff/Worldviewer/LegendsViewer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.235 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.236 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 02:42:00 pm by ashton1993 »
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

zanchito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 15, 2012, 04:31:14 pm »

Thanks, Ashton!

Development will take a little while to continue I'm guessing, as Parker won't be able to do much until the weekend and then I'll have to get acquaitanced with the code. Thank you for the report!

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.12.1 (34.01 Fixes, No New Features)
« Reply #220 on: February 15, 2012, 08:27:25 pm »

I fixed the bugs I noticed at least so it should be much more stable than that beta I posted and its uploaded: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3556

igorgitirana

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBiker
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 15, 2012, 08:44:43 pm »

Fantastic tool

Thank you!
Sorry, I do not speak English well. T.T

Llamageddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 15, 2012, 10:21:49 pm »

I am getting exactly the same error as Ashton with the new (non beta) version except oddly the LegendsViewer Assembly Version is listed as 1.1.2.1 rather than 1.1.3.1. I am running windows 7 64 bit. Hope this helps. Thanks for working on this again guys, I love this program :D.

/Edit

I also get the same error as Kohaku , shown in the setup window when the above error shows up in the unhandled exception details. Probably redundant info. I'll see about sending you some save/worldgen files to look at tomorrow if re-exporting/new worldgen gives the same errors.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 12:33:47 am by Llamageddon »

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 15, 2012, 11:17:00 pm »

I am getting exactly the same error as Ashton with the new (non beta) version except oddly the LegendsViewer Assembly Version is listed as 1.1.2.1 rather than 1.1.3.1. I am running windows 7 64 bit. Hope this helps. Thanks for working on this again guys, I love this program :D.

The error that Ahston reported had to have been with the none beta version, because the method it called that caused the error doesn't exist in the new version. I would restart DF then re-export the files again, since DF sometimes doesn't export them correctly. If it still happens I'll need a save or world gen params so I can see what is happening myself.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 16, 2012, 12:27:42 am »

I've tried using this, but I get an unhandled error announcement, and the viewer refuses to show anything.

I had to abort in the middle of worldgen, though, as it was taking ages...

Trying again with a world that was only set to 200 years, it still gave me the same problem.

Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 44