Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 44

Author Topic: Legends Viewer 1.13 (v40 Compatible)  (Read 315885 times)

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.11.1 (Charts)
« Reply #165 on: July 29, 2011, 11:01:25 pm »

It should work with any mods, but there have been some that caused behaviors I didn't predict causing crashes and I fix them when I find them. Close out the game and restart then regenerate all the exported files. I've seen the game export odd data before. If it still happens I need a save or seed and the mod you are using.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 30, 2011, 01:09:47 pm »

Alright I'll pack up the save.  The added files I believe I have are only   The Marsh Dwarves I made, and a language made using DFlang. Oh and the fluff mod that adds more stuff to the speech.txt

Can you open 7z files? or should I use rar or zip?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 01:16:05 pm by Kaelem Gaen »

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 30, 2011, 04:18:11 pm »

Either will do.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.11.2 (Charts)
« Reply #169 on: July 31, 2011, 11:07:35 am »

Thanks. The fix is uploaded so give it a shot with that one.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 31, 2011, 11:23:42 am »

That got it, thanks!

Quantumtroll

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 24, 2011, 06:34:20 am »

Parker, do you need/want any support developing a mac version?  I own a mac and have a lot of programming experience, albeit on very different stuff than this.  Tried running Legends Viewer on my WinXP virtual machine, but I don't have the right service pack for .NET 4 and apparently Microsoft doesn't provide SP2 any more :P

Long story short: Send me your code and I'll see if I can hack out a mac version, but no promises. Other help is offered, too, if I can do something you need...

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 24, 2011, 12:13:27 pm »

I briefly looked at running it under Mono for Mac/Linux and it crashes when you try to load some files and I couldn't get a good debugger working with mono so I couldn't figure out what was happening. I haven't really looked at it much more than that because I want to get the Advanced Search done, which is taking me longer than I thought and it seems like I have less and less time to work on it, but it is about 90% done I would guess. After that, getting it to work under Mono is probably next on the list.

I'm pretty hesitant to release any code just because I never did much planning and I'm not very proud of it and to work on a project with multiple people has some overhead that I don't think I have time for right now. Unless I have no luck getting it running under Mono, then I might have to have a Mac/Linux user see if they can compile it. Though, if for some reason I vanish or abandon the project without notice or if you are just terribly curious, I've heard that .NET code is easy to de-compile.

Quantumtroll

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 25, 2011, 06:55:37 am »

Fair enough ^^

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 28, 2011, 11:15:09 am »

Something appears to be wrong with maps. All civs and sites are misplaced, some are actually off the map. The game exported 5 maps, 4 of which are actually only two.

FAKEEDIT: Nevermind, it needs the graphic map, the second one. Still, the readme could be made a bit clearer, since I tried loading the world_map pictures. Also, this thing is incredibly GOOD!

Real Edit: One thing though: What do the colours on the map mean? Also, is there a way to see the description of Forgotten Beasts?

Another edit: Your GIMP fantasy map maker script does not seem to work for me. I follow the readme instructions, but when I use CreateSave.bat, it just appears and nothing happens, and when I use CreateView.bat it opens Gimp up, opens the map pictures then says there is an error at gimp-context-set-pattern: Clipboard pattern can not be found. I use XP.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 03:00:49 pm by Mormota »
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 28, 2011, 06:50:04 pm »

You can use the tiled map if you prefer it, but you need to resize it to the right dimensions.

Colors on the detailed map? Not positive what color matches to each region type, might be something on the wiki.

Forgotten Beast descriptions aren't exported unfortunately, same with demons and night creatures.

Updated the GIMP script so give this one a try: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4359

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 29, 2011, 04:41:38 am »

It went on further this time, but now I get this error:  Error at gimp-context-set-gradient, FG to Transparent gradient can not be found.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 29, 2011, 07:18:02 am »

Should work now. Thanks for letting me know. http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4359

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 29, 2011, 07:54:33 am »

Thanks a lot, it works fine, it's wonderful! :D

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 29, 2011, 01:42:02 pm »

This is so awesome it deserves a double post.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 44