Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 44

Author Topic: Legends Viewer 1.13 (v40 Compatible)  (Read 315830 times)

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.09.1 (Historical Map)
« Reply #105 on: April 06, 2011, 06:57:10 pm »

Well, sites is all I'd need to help me find things on the map, and place them in the entity I know they exist in mentally... since they have differing language files (that, I know, isn't exported at all).  Also makes positions sound better:

"Sultan of Perturri Ekala"

vs.

"Sultan of the Brands of Fire"
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
  • UUUUU,.,..,..,U,.""T"T"T"T""T
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 10, 2011, 09:43:20 am »

urg.... latest version of Genesis mod (24b) is getting that error reported by Jeoshua.  I just might have to stop using Genesis and only have some basic mods going. I don't expect you to tweek your prog. for every mod out there, especially if it has to be done for every version.

Jeoshua, you said your game is heavily modded.  What mods are you using?
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 10, 2011, 10:35:20 am »

I'm using ones I made, or pieced together from various other mods, Civ Forge, Genesis, and Hunter's Moon included.  Basically, it's about 10% vanilla, 90% mods.

But the error that I encountered has since been fixed.  Check the newest version out.  It had little to do with mods, and more to do with Kobolds.

Tcei

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear me! I am Bekat the Adorable Skull!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 10, 2011, 11:13:37 am »

I freaking LOVE this utilility! Makes researching the history so much easier. Thankyou!! :D
....They just refuse to stay down unless butchered, in which case their skins will haunt you until you subdue and tan them. Never has legendary butcher and legendary tanner seemed so valueable as in this release.

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 10, 2011, 05:15:38 pm »

I'm using ones I made, or pieced together from various other mods, Civ Forge, Genesis, and Hunter's Moon included.  Basically, it's about 10% vanilla, 90% mods.

But the error that I encountered has since been fixed.  Check the newest version out.  It had little to do with mods, and more to do with Kobolds.

Yah, oddly enough, the newest version worked for my compilation of mods, but then I updated Genesis and when I created a new world, the same errors popped up.  I'll do some digging and see what changes were made between the two Genesis mod versions.
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.09.2 (Historical Map)
« Reply #110 on: April 10, 2011, 05:49:27 pm »

It was just a little bug with some name formatting. In the latin language file of the genesis mod there are some words that had an extra space on the end, caused some names to have a double space and broke it, should be fixed.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 11, 2011, 07:00:07 am »

Yay!

I love waking up and finding new versions of my favorite utility.

Good thing, too.  I use the latin file.

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 11, 2011, 09:45:35 am »

Hehe... me too.  Thanks, Parker147.  I just feel guilty about bringing these problems up, because really, the program is running properly, it's just mods (for which there could be innumerable variations) that have a qwirk or mistake in them that break it. 

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 11, 2011, 12:17:27 pm »

It's no burden on me to change a couple lines of code. Any bugs you find in one mod is going to prevent it from happening in any others. I don't hard code any exceptions for specific data that is going to change like races, so there is no mod specific code. Plus, I don't do much testing with mods myself.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 11, 2011, 12:21:22 pm »

Nothing too constructive, unfortunately, but I just wanted to say that I just started using this program, and it really does help collate the information for me.  I can tell fairly easily when I want to make another new world, because all the dwarves in the world are dead.  Happens far too often in smaller worlds.

So thanks, it's really helpful, and I'm much more likely to poke around legends mode with this program to do the heavy lifting for me.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 11, 2011, 01:32:50 pm »

Also I gotta ask.

Did you make LegendsViewer make all those Triforces in the civ flags? Or was that in the file somewhere already?

Cause I like it, but there are ALOT of Triforces ;)

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 11, 2011, 06:45:09 pm »

They are Identicons. I found some code that generates them for me. Sometimes I like them and sometimes I don't. Like on the map they don't work too well if you are zoomed out some and have a couple same race civs next to each other. I might look into a different way to tell apart civs at some point because civ colors start getting too similar if you add a few more races with mods.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 11, 2011, 08:32:02 pm »

They are Identicons. I found some code that generates them for me. Sometimes I like them and sometimes I don't. Like on the map they don't work too well if you are zoomed out some and have a couple same race civs next to each other. I might look into a different way to tell apart civs at some point because civ colors start getting too similar if you add a few more races with mods.

Actually, a minor complaint about that - goblins and elves are too similar in color.  I can't tell the two apart very easily.  I tend to think of goblins as purple on maps more than green, anyway (that's the color of their icons on the worldmap), so maybe purple would be a better color?
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 11, 2011, 09:39:26 pm »

I don't set colors for races, I've just got a color gradient from red to purple and race colors are evenly picked across it, so the more races the less unique of a color they get. At some point I might add some settings for personal customizations for things like that.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 12, 2011, 06:17:08 pm »

Also I gotta ask.

Did you make LegendsViewer make all those Triforces in the civ flags? Or was that in the file somewhere already?

Cause I like it, but there are ALOT of Triforces ;)

Have you noticed his avatar?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 44