Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16

Author Topic: ASCIIzom  (Read 23052 times)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: ASCIIzom
« Reply #135 on: January 04, 2011, 03:59:29 pm »

I would like to note that a real zombie is a mindless atuomation that will always charge (Or waddle, because zombies cannot run) directly at its pray... even if there is a fire/clift/river/acid/gaint ax/ect in its path.

It will also attack even if the said person has a loaded pistol/smg/rifle/sinper rifle/RPG/flamethrower.
There are many kinda of zombies in fiction. Not all fall under the same rules of behavior.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 04, 2011, 04:05:28 pm »

I would like to note that a real zombie is a mindless atuomation that will always charge (Or waddle, because zombies cannot run) directly at its pray... even if there is a fire/clift/river/acid/gaint ax/ect in its path.

It will also attack even if the said person has a loaded pistol/smg/rifle/sinper rifle/RPG/flamethrower.
There are many kinda of zombies in fiction. Not all fall under the same rules of behavior.

Yes, but those are Hollywood zombies.

Real zombies only have the abilities that the infected had. For example, if the infected person was very strong, the zombie will be very strong. The zombie cannot gain better abilities then the person it infected. The zombie cannot fly unless the person could fly.

I have gained this priceless info through the zombie survival guide.
However, if the said zombies came from a lab test, that I will accept because they are not really zombies.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 04, 2011, 04:23:17 pm »

Real zombies only have the abilities that the infected had. For example, if the infected person was very strong, the zombie will be very strong. The zombie cannot gain better abilities then the person it infected. The zombie cannot fly unless the person could fly.

However, if the said zombies came from a lab test, that I will accept because they are not really zombies.

Haha, I love Max Brook's work, but his zombies are highly unrealistic.  It's his portrayal of humanity's response that rings of realism - though I couldn't vouch for the accuracy.

After two zombies going up in flames on a single turn in the same spot, I think things get a little silly.

This happened so much in my Determined Monster Defense, and it bugged me too.  Some turns had close to a dozen zombies filing into the same tile of flame.  I'm not sure what the best solution is.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 04, 2011, 04:31:48 pm »

After two zombies going up in flames on a single turn in the same spot, I think things get a little silly.

This happened so much in my Determined Monster Defense, and it bugged me too.  Some turns had close to a dozen zombies filing into the same tile of flame.  I'm not sure what the best solution is.
I'm just going under the assumption that 'undying hunger' is a primal reaction, and so is 'fire bad'.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 04, 2011, 04:41:05 pm »

Meh. I assumed the zombies would have their backs to me, since they were following that "tag" to the doorway.  I would at least understand the one within 3 tiles smelling me, but eh.

The zombie to the north of the car. I don't understand how he saw me, and more importantly didn't see Gunther.

Is that an item in front of the "TV"? Or is that part of the "TV"?

If I can do two attacks in one turn, bash the two zombies in quick order to the north of me with the pipe. If I can only do one, just flee into that building through the window and pick up the item
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 04, 2011, 04:44:01 pm »

Is that an item in front of the "TV"? Or is that part of the "TV"?
The icon I use for items will never be used for anything else. So yes, it is an item in front of the TV.

Sorry for not specifying that.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 04, 2011, 05:21:56 pm »

Haha, I love Max Brook's work, but his zombies are highly unrealistic.  It's his portrayal of humanity's response that rings of realism - though I couldn't vouch for the accuracy.

No accuracy? Are you just saying that because zombies can't be killed by picking up a heavy machine gun and going insane?

If you read the zombie survival guide closely, It will make a whole lot of sense. For example, how can a zombie break through a coffin and head through 6 feet of dirt? Even if he had super strength, no one could do that, not even the undead. He supports all info with sensable reasons.
If you have the book, read it again more closely.

And if you have and it still makes no sense, tell me your reasons.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 04, 2011, 05:44:27 pm »

Zombie realism discussion in mah forum game?

Not to be a stick in the mud, but mind taking this to another topic?

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 04, 2011, 05:59:40 pm »

Zombie realism discussion in mah forum game?

Not to be a stick in the mud, but mind taking this to another topic?

What the hect would we call it? Zombie Talk?

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 04, 2011, 06:02:52 pm »

Well we had a thread on Zombie Preparedness which had much talk on the Zombie Survival Guide once...

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 04, 2011, 06:07:32 pm »

Well we had a thread on Zombie Preparedness which had much talk on the Zombie Survival Guide once...

Let me guess. Dead?

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 04, 2011, 06:09:21 pm »

Yep. Go Zombify it.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 04, 2011, 07:37:00 pm »

Yep. Go Zombify it.

I am only a dabbling thread necromacer. Any attempt I make will result in a horrible back-fire. Most likely with magma.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 05, 2011, 12:00:32 am »

I would dig it up, but, I can't be arsed.  Sorry for the derail!
*snarky last word goes here* :D
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 05, 2011, 01:45:22 pm »

Close the door to my north and push a table into it to secure it for now, then head towards the see to grab the item there (bashing the zombie if he walks in of course) and also push a table into the door.
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16