Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Author Topic: ASCIIzom  (Read 23093 times)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: ASCIIzom
« Reply #90 on: December 28, 2010, 01:44:18 pm »

Turn 6

Spoiler: sector map (click to show/hide)

Slide a chair in front of the north door then move through the west door.
You do so, in the west room you find a couple chairs and a table strewn about. Somewhat of a mess in here. You do also spot an item in the corner of the room.

Richtofen attempts to get to that door to the NorthWest.
You make good ground, but not even your hyperactive self could make it that far so soon.
 To the south, the zombie appears to be in line of sight, however it is either too far away to notice you, or busy walking east.

Head two tiles NE, grab the item,(push the coat rack 1 tile east, if possible as my action...if it cancels any of my other "orders", don't do it) then head 2 tiles south, still eying McGraw
You pick up the item and obtain a Sledgehammer of your own. Quite nice. You do not push the rack over and continue of your way down, you turn to give McGraw another one of your patent pending glares and you notice one of the racks are on fire. Whoops!

Take the other item. I should get to it before the zombie arrives.
You pick up a Pistol clip. It's starting to look like you'll have to settle for using the chainsaw.
 The zombie that spotted you has burst through the window, that might attract even more attention. Probably should get out of here.

I will head south towards the two items there and pick them up, keeping a close eye for my somewhat jumpy "Partner"
You make headway for the other items, hopefully he'll be understanding and not hog them all. Seems he also set a rack on fire. Getting on his bad side seems like a worse idea every moment that passes...

Spoiler: Orb (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: USEC_OFFICER (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: mission0 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Phantom (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rolan7 (click to show/hide)

Everyone is a little hungrier now. Another sledgehammer is closer to the action, very likely it will be used soon.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 28, 2010, 01:52:02 pm »

Richtofen insanely bursts through the door to the Northwest.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 28, 2010, 02:00:33 pm »

Is there some sort of worldly effect you're expecting from me with the insane/sane wording? 0P

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2010, 02:02:10 pm »

By insane he's openly attracting attention by loud sounds like yelling, hitting things, and setting things on fire. Sane is how the other characters would do it.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 28, 2010, 02:05:00 pm »

Well... If you want zombies heading your way, then so be it!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 28, 2010, 02:25:14 pm »

I like my impenetrable fort which will surely stand the test of time!  Behold, zombies!  You can eat our bosses, in-laws, and that asshole at the bar who wouldn't shut up, but civilization endures!

Move the chair south of me to my southeast, blocking the window, then move to the item.  I must take inventory!  I hope that zombie doesn't notice me, I am in a different room though.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 28, 2010, 03:43:19 pm »

I set the rack on fire without fuel? Can I just set anything I want on fire, but floor tiles require fuel?

The sledgehammer is two handed? I can wield two things at once?  :-\

Head one tile south, pick up the item, then 1 tile SW, 1 tile south, then pick up the item 1 tile SW. Wield the sledgehammer and bash Mcgraw if he is intent on picking up the second item.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2010, 03:58:24 pm »

I set the rack on fire without fuel? Can I just set anything I want on fire, but floor tiles require fuel?

The sledgehammer is two handed? I can wield two things at once?  :-\
That is the arsonist side effect, basically, it wastes furniture. Floor tiles require fuel, which you can soak multiple tiles with one use of fuel.

The sledgehammer is two handed, meaning if either of your arms are damaged, you'll be penalized.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 28, 2010, 04:07:51 pm »

Move the chair south of me to my southeast, blocking the window, then move to the item.  I must take inventory!  I hope that zombie doesn't notice me, I am in a different room though.

A zombie is close enough to smell the survivor.(3 spaces,even through walls)

Also, there is a wall. Not sure how you are going to move a chair through a wall.

"Edit" Are zombies attracted to fire?
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2010, 04:23:48 pm »

"Edit" Are zombies attracted to fire?
I've been debating whether to do that or not... I assume that if the zombie isn't trying to get to something or someone more interesting(like glass breaking) it might check it out. Though a fire is likely a very low sound so the zombie would have to be close.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2010, 04:47:09 pm »

Do zombies require headshots?
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 28, 2010, 05:12:50 pm »

I am heading to my sw for that item there, while steadily giving glares at my obnoxious partner. *makes a mental note to use him as a sacrfice if need be*
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 28, 2010, 05:28:06 pm »

Do zombies require headshots?
No, standard zombies are incredibly easy to kill.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 28, 2010, 06:00:17 pm »

Exit through the door directly west of me.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 28, 2010, 10:07:30 pm »

I assume smashing a wall would make a lot of noise?

Because I was considering smashing the wall south of me just for the heck of it and to save a few turns going around.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16