Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Planetside 2: F2P MMOFPS. I highly recommend you get excited about it.  (Read 13076 times)

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
Re: PLANETSIDE 2!!! New Vanguard and Galaxy pictures. They look sweeet
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2011, 10:39:43 am »

Also note, that they seem to have taken a lot of design ideas from that large russian transport plane... cba googling to find out what it is though.
Thinking of the Antonov An 225 here?

Xanatos Jr.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2011, 03:17:25 pm »

So, does Planetside still have enough players to populate a world or two?
"My Little Space Marine"
Featuring a precocious chapter librarian, his pet servitor, and their wacky bunch of battle-brothers.  Watch as they learn the true meaning of undying devotion to the Emperor while creatively solving conflicts both in the ranks and on the battlefield.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2011, 04:28:55 pm »

As far as I know there is still a world up and running.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Xanatos Jr.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2011, 04:37:45 pm »

Argh, no paypal option and the credit card is being silly.
"My Little Space Marine"
Featuring a precocious chapter librarian, his pet servitor, and their wacky bunch of battle-brothers.  Watch as they learn the true meaning of undying devotion to the Emperor while creatively solving conflicts both in the ranks and on the battlefield.

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2011, 09:34:19 pm »

I played the trial for Planetside a few months ago, and I did enjoy it when the battles were huge and frantic like they should be. The second the fights get tiny, the fun starts to leave (for me).

Took a bit of time for me to grasp the equipment stuff, but I loved the whole idea of it. I'll be highly interested in this here game right here when it launches.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 05, 2011, 12:10:47 am »

Here are some screenshots of todays battle on cyssor.

It was a vehicle event, so every team got everyone elses vehicles. Chaos on a grand scale ensued.

https://picasaweb.google.com/C.Moncrieff/DropBox?authkey=Gv1sRgCKWapdWImKHh5wE&feat=directlink

The first one accidently copied 3 times. But that tank survived 30 minutes, I ended that session with 63/50 K/D ratio, and 63000 BEP. Fuck commanding, I liked stomping on NC.

Edit: Also NEW REAVER PICTURE! http://www.planetside-universe.com/media/viewer.php?img_id=1612

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
Re: PLANETSIDE: NEXT!!! New Reaver. It has two seats!
« Reply #96 on: July 07, 2011, 09:11:00 pm »

http://www.planetside2.com/

I am happy. Nothing can make me sad now.

Croquantes

• Bay Watcher
  • Essence of Chicken
    • View Profile
Re: PLANETSIDE 2: Check the last post for awesome new trailer.
« Reply #97 on: July 07, 2011, 11:24:20 pm »

Ah, Planetside. It was the first MMO I ever played, and it was glorious. For some reason I loved flying around in a Mosquito, squishing people on on ramparts. It was also fun to  play an infiltrator and hide inside bases, stabbing random people until discovered and killed. :D

Hopefully the sequel does away with the retardedness of "the bending". I could never get back into playing the game after that happened.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 13, 2011, 06:48:02 am »

Is it Necrotime already? Soo there's been slow updates on the site.

Planetside was awesome. It did get repetitive in the end, and finding out when logging in that the entire continent you fought so hard for the day before was recaptured already is frustrating, but I've had some of my most epic battles in that game:

- On a hunch, while in a MAX suit covering the hacker, just outside a control room, I turn on my infravision implant, to notice a stealthed unit sitting right in front of me, awaiting his chance to gut us in the back. I just looked at him straight for a few seconds. He must've felt really uncomfortable before I blasted him to bits.
- As a gal-pilot, outmaneuvering a reaver in a forest. Yes, going full speed with afterburners weaving straight through a forest with a gal is INTENSE. My passengers were terrified, but the reaver managed to drill itself into a tree. It's like an elephant outmaneuvering a lion.
- Team play. If you have a good team that works together, people providing cover, getting good commands, diverse set of skills, it's awesome to play. A few times I had a commander who was able to direct people to the right locations, and managed to keep the group together and listening to him, and we singlehandedly took down a fortress while greatly outnumbered.
- Even going out with a small cover-squad to refill bases with an ANT was fun.

Thinking back, I really miss that game.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 10:50:17 am by Siquo »

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 13, 2011, 10:40:09 am »

My best time, well 2 of them was a 3V1 we where all sitting under the protective shield waiting for it to collapse, surrounded from everside... shield comes down... we held the place, i was playing NC was my second day that was.... breathtaking...

Few weeks later i was pissed off our air unit was scattered all arround AA was keeping us down, i made a full team of reaver, yeas 10 reaver, gathered at ne place, flew low wing barely hitting water to avoid visual detection. Went back to the base under attack, dispatched 4 reaver on a BFR, 2 on a mag and all the remainning to dispatch various vehicule, we all died due to AA max but we did manage to kill all our primary objective, and the zerg took back the field and went out of the base.

This game... is soo good where one man taking lead can make all difference, give organisation and your are golden, zerg like mindless worm and your dead. sadly it died lets hope PS2 will prevail :D
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 13, 2011, 12:08:31 pm »

This looks Epic!
I hope my crappy cpu can handle this :D

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 13, 2011, 02:14:47 pm »

... ... ... i need this, if the chance arises i will take it.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #102 on: October 13, 2011, 02:38:16 pm »

Heh, I had a lot of fun with Planetside. Haven't played it in years but I still remember having a lot of fun with it. Heres hoping Planetside 2 is just as fun, minus the problems they ran into.

Huge combats were a lot of fun, but small scale fights between a few good people were a lot of fun too. I remember having loads of fun playing an infantry support role on the NC side. Had a foot soldier char with engineer and medic skills, had all kinds of certs and was pretty self sufficient.

I once came across a group of 5 guys sweeping a continent capturing bases when everyone else was busy elsewhere, and I went in defending the base they were trying to capture and wound up setting traps and catching them off guard repeatedly and held them up for hours solo, running around hiding and catching them one or two at a time using boomers and jumping out and shotgunning them in the back as they looked for me. They almost took the place when they all got together in the little room where they were capturing it, but I managed to clear them out and prevent the capture using lots of explosives and a shotgun. They blew the spawn tubes and then the generator after I kept spawning AMSes, but still didn't get the capture until they ran around and found my last AMS hidden outside. I must have had 200 kills to my 20 or so deaths by the time they took the base.

I think the most fun I had in general was goofing around in an infil suit on the NC side with one of those cloaking ATVs though (I forget what they were called). Flying full speed into some random guy and knocking him down repeatedly until he dies while cloaked was pretty hilarious. Or sneaking up and knifing snipers who think they're being super stealthy up on a cliff overlooking a busy battleground. Even better was killing MAX players by strafing around them and shooting them in the back with AP rounds from the shotgun pistol. Or hacking a console and piling explosives all over the place in front of a vehicle bay, and then sitting back with an EMP grenade and blowing up the first tank to roll out. Or doing the same in a generator room, shooting the generator once, then throwing in an EMP grenade that sets them all off when a couple guys come rushing into the generator room to protect it (blowing both them and the generator).

What killed the game for me was when cheats started becoming pretty common. Sneak up to a sniper and start knifing him and have him suddenly kill you with a sniper rifle shot even though he's facing the opposite direction, or blowing someone up with enough boomers to blow a tank and having him just turn around and shoot you like nothing happened. Or be shot down in a mosquito by a guy literally flying like a plane with a striker launcher who won't die when you shoot him repeatedly and moves faster than your afterburner. Or witness a MAX suit run into a spawn with 20 people and fire straight ahead yet somehow manage to hit and kill everyone in the room including the guys behind him and somehow survive the 10+ decimators that people hit him with before he blows the spawn tubes.

Hopefully they're a bit quicker to ban cheaters in PS2.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 13, 2011, 05:34:57 pm »

cheating was completely curbed when they stopped trail accounts from being registered, sadly that meant I couldn't (cheat, lol jk) invite friends any more to enjoy the wonders of PS.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 13, 2011, 06:39:45 pm »

This looks amazing. I cannot wait.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11