Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Planetside 2: F2P MMOFPS. I highly recommend you get excited about it.  (Read 13098 times)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PLANETSIDE 2!!!
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2010, 04:17:17 am »

Remember, there hasn't been an serious game graphics upgrades since Crisis.
My computer is nearing 5 years old, yeah, I will NOT be able to run it.
Build yourself a new one for christmas.
In any case, I really hope that the underground is in in the new Planetside. I usually played a stealth character and found the underground to be most viable.

Kitsunin

• Bay Watcher
  • Om Nom Nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2010, 04:48:04 am »

Because we all get thousand dollar bonuses for christmas...and we all don't need that money for something else, either...

I'm sorry, I just have difficulty letting it pass when someone says "Get a new computer" like it's as easy as going and buying yourself some chocolate from the store.  It's not that I am in that situation now, I'm getting a really high spec computer this summer, but rather that I remember all the irritation that came from people saying to buy a new computer like I could do that. 

Or are you going to pay for it?

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2010, 04:50:18 am »

Because we all get thousand dollar bonuses for christmas...and we all don't need that money for something else, either...

I'm sorry, I just have difficulty letting it pass when someone says "Get a new computer" like it's as easy as going and buying yourself some chocolate from the store.  It's not that I am in that situation now, I'm getting a really high spec computer this summer, but rather that I remember all the irritation that came from people saying to buy a new computer like I could do that. 

I guess it's just an opinion: you could not eat for a while, maybe get rid of that car you probably have, maybe sleep on the streets for a month. None of those things are as important as a new computer.

Kitsunin

• Bay Watcher
  • Om Nom Nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2010, 04:57:31 am »

I guess it's just an opinion: you could not eat for a while, maybe get rid of that car you probably have, maybe sleep on the streets for a month. None of those things are as important as a new computer.
I use public transportation  ::)
Although I see what you're getting at, chances are people can sacrifice something if they want a new computer that much.  (Although you'd have to go about a year without eating to have the cash to get a computer.  I live in Taiwan though, only a month in the US, since food costs more, and computers a bit less)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 05:02:01 am by Kitsunin »

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2010, 02:48:32 pm »

Its official, from their FB page.

"PlanetSid:e ‎[Virrago] We’re excited to confirm that we will be continuing the PlanetSide franchise with an all-new FPS action game next year. More details will be coming soon…"

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2010, 03:53:04 pm »

They didn't say MMO though.

Shoes...

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2010, 06:10:13 pm »

Not MMO could either be disappointing or vastly interesting.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2010, 06:11:49 pm »

Not MMO could either be disappointing or vastly interesting.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2010, 06:59:08 pm »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2010, 07:00:08 pm »

Yeah, it wouldn't be Planetside without persistent worlds.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2010, 07:07:15 pm »

I remember the day when there was at least 2 conts poplocked, with a 3rd on the brink of being so... Good times.

Also, I still have horrific flashbacks of typing with /s /o /l /b and stuff... It was such an easy way to type.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2010, 08:14:02 pm »

I remember the day when there was at least 2 conts poplocked, with a 3rd on the brink of being so... Good times.
Eh, never liked the poplock mechanic, I've only ever been on Cyssor once because of it. O(

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2010, 10:10:26 pm »

Eh, never liked the poplock mechanic, I've only ever been on Cyssor once because of it. O(

Ah shame, its probably the best continant, bar Esamir.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2010, 02:32:15 pm »

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2010, 02:37:25 pm »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11