Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Easiest Quest You Ever Got.  (Read 2428 times)

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
Easiest Quest You Ever Got.
« on: December 08, 2010, 08:44:03 pm »

Basically what the title says.
My easiest was when someone sent me to kill a wolf. Yes... a wolf.
Apparently, it killed two people. I was able to kill it with one hit of my axe with my Nord. It smashed into a wall and sploded.

Javarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Easiest Quest You Ever Got.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 08:46:30 pm »

I got a wolf with one leg missing, Apprently killed a child, Took one hit.
“When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool you end up looking like a moron instead.”
― Robin Hobb, Assassin's Apprentice

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 09:00:43 pm »

Kill a Dog which had 95% of it's body mangled and 5% of it's body missing , No effort needed

Apperentally this dog killed a child by bumping into it

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 09:53:14 pm »

Ordered to kill an FB. Batted it's "deadly" spittle out of the air, smacked in it the face with my shield making it give in to pain, then curb stomped it to the grave. The journey to it's ruined temple was harder. How it even got a kill surprises me.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 01:05:46 am »

I was ordered to kill a night creature that was making its home in a vast artic wasteland. I traveled in to the area of their lair, took two steps, and it died from the cold. Didn't even need to attempt to find the lair.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 02:32:21 am »

got a quest to kill a cyclops with a 38-streak. Get there and hear vomiting. Go inside the cave, discover the walls/floor covered in blood, vomit, and dead bodies. The cyclops is missing a leg and his eye, and has other assorted manglings. I walk over to the (unconscious) fellow, plant my axe in his head, and claim my very first adventure-mode kill.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 03:01:33 am »

Ordered to kill an FB. Batted it's "deadly" spittle out of the air, smacked in it the face with my shield making it give in to pain, then curb stomped it to the grave. The journey to it's ruined temple was harder. How it even got a kill surprises me.

I thought Forgotten Beasts didn't feel pain, among other things?

On-topic, I got sent to kill a Hydra far to the south. When I finally got there, me and my team of 5 companions engaged it in the 1-tile wide hallway. Needless to say, we completely brutalized it and the only wounds taken were a few bites that didn't rip any limbs off.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 04:45:02 am »

Got sent to kill a troll concubine or whatever the hell they are. The skinless things with the four horns.
Thought it would be a vaguely challenging first fight for my peasant. Charged, decapitated with the first blow.

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2010, 05:17:51 am »

I modded in a few nuisance monsters for fort mode variety.  One of them has a raccoon's item stealing behavior, but no max age.  They manage to routinely become civ. enemies through hundreds of years of nicking worthless crap, at which point my adventurer gets sent to kill one.  They are hollow and made of clay; you have to pretty much actively try not to cut them in half with a single stroke.  I just need to try adding the wealth collecting habit to see if they would start keeping all their stolen junk in their lairs.
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

Glanzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2010, 06:18:51 am »

I was ordered to kill a bandit leader without subordinates who died of old age the moment I stepped in his camp.

Skid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2010, 12:55:13 pm »

A gloom troll that I bisected with a large copper dagger in one hit.
Playing a cheesemaker in an average Fortress 'round here would be. Freaking. Terrifying.

Demki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2010, 05:08:05 pm »

A dragon. yes. A dragon. It was so beat up I took it down in 1 hit from my all mighty =Steel Spear= shaft.

[5th]Lupin

• Bay Watcher
  • Since '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2010, 06:35:55 pm »

I killed a wasp titan by slapping it in the head with a live blue jay. The brain got bruised and he insta-died.

Veroule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2010, 10:35:25 pm »

Can't decide between these 2.
1. Dragon: I snuck into its lair and threw 15 rocks at it to no effect.  Fired one crossbow bolt and got it right between the eyes.  It never even saw what hit it.
2. Bronze Colossus: I bumped into it on a hillside away from its cave.  I had to hastily run and find a spot to get stealthed.  As I came back and crawled down its cave, I started to get message about it being stuck in a web.  Shortly thereafter I got the message that it had collided with an obstacle and died.  I never could find the body or a likely pit, but I still claimed my success.
"Please, spare us additional torture; and just euthanise yourselves."
Delivered by Tim Curry of Clue as a parody of the lead ass from American Idol in the show Psych.

That guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2010, 05:07:35 am »

Sent to kill a troll as an early quest. Lured it out of its lair, then snuck up behind it and casually tossed a small rock at its head, killing it with one blow from six or seven paces. This was my third throw, but it was the first one that connected.
Pages: [1] 2