Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Xsyon  (Read 11390 times)

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Xsyon
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2011, 07:55:09 am »

edit: and I doubt we'll have enough people for a DWARF tribe, although I wouldn't be adverse.

We can hope. :p

And I really hope this influx of Darkfall players either STFU or GTFO. I really hope the main developer doesn't bow to their "make this game like Darkfall" wishes. Meaningless constant PvP is so great, guys. So great.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2011, 08:11:58 am »

edit: and I doubt we'll have enough people for a DWARF tribe, although I wouldn't be adverse.

We can hope. :p

And I really hope this influx of Darkfall players either STFU or GTFO. I really hope the main developer doesn't bow to their "make this game like Darkfall" wishes. Meaningless constant PvP is so great, guys. So great.
What, did Dawntide rid themselves of all of them? I think I'll have to check that back out now...
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2011, 09:44:48 am »

there are currently a lot of asshats from Darkfall rampaging through Xsyon. It's a bit annoying. I have been exploiting the current death mechanic to hassle the griefers. When they kill me, I keep following them as a ghost and wait for them to rest and then kill them, rinse repeat. They kill me once and I follow and harass them for more than an hour. I now have a reputation and they are leaving me alone a bit.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2011, 04:59:44 pm »

I would love to be able to play Xsyon, sense its the sort of game I'm really interested in.  Sadly, I'm not about to pay for it, and just like WoW, I refuse to pay a monthly subscription to something I'll get bored with after a time.  :'(
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2011, 06:29:16 pm »

I would love to be able to play Xsyon, sense its the sort of game I'm really interested in.  Sadly, I'm not about to pay for it, and just like WoW, I refuse to pay a monthly subscription to something I'll get bored with after a time.  :'(

If you get bored with it, you cancel your subscription :D
Usually, the first month is free so you'd pay for it like you would for a normal game :)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2011, 12:24:50 am »

right now if you buy it you get somewhere between 8 and 10 weeks free with your copy of the game

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2011, 04:33:33 am »

By the way, gents, vote in this poll to get the game some more coverage.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2011, 01:20:39 am »

I'm part of the much hated by griefers Hopi tribe and I just noticed Hemmingjay's tribe are allied with us :) Cool times, it sounds like we should have similar-ish goals.

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2011, 04:22:55 pm »

Downloading it now.

Anyone want me in their tribe? :p

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2011, 06:04:28 pm »

the game is farked right now. Not sure what happened but dev team seems completely overwhelmed and everything has been moving backwards lately.

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2011, 10:33:51 am »

the game is farked right now. Not sure what happened but dev team seems completely overwhelmed and everything has been moving backwards lately.

Why, what did they do?

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2011, 12:36:17 pm »

lead dev has become indecisive as he is trying to please everyone. 1 server, then 2, then one etc.
keeping original totems in place for relaunch, then not, then some, then none. etc.
relaunch on thurs, but not allowing placing of totems. just grouping and waiting for friday.
friday allowing placing of totems but then asking everyone to log off so as not to strain servers.

wtf is he thinking? I have been an ardent supporter but his latest moves are questionable and out of character. I suspect the stress is too much to bear right now.

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2011, 01:59:41 pm »

I've thought about buying this game for a few days, and have decided to give it a chance. Before I buy it, I have to ask, does pre ordering give you instant access to the beta? Otherwise I'd prefer to wait a little while if I can't instantly get into the game.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2011, 02:52:24 pm »

it's post beta right now. It's technically live. Not sure what benefits you would get by ordering now versus waiting for a few days/weeks. For the first time in months the game is really suffering from growing pains.

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2011, 08:12:38 pm »

Well, after constant inner battles, research and much deliberation, I finally pre ordered it. Whether it was a good decision or not, only time will tell. I hope I like it, but well, even if I don't, I don't think I'll whine for a refund just because I like the fact these guys are trying something really new, and you've gotta have balls to do that in the MMO market.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6