Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Problem once Texture pack installed  (Read 577 times)

beridel

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Problem once Texture pack installed
« on: December 08, 2010, 01:47:58 am »

Hey everyone,

I'm not really sure where to post this since it could very well just be my fault and not necessarily a bug with DF or Ironhand's texture pack.  I chose to put it here because the problems seems only to crop up when there is a texture pack installed.

Basically, everything works as its supposed to, I generate a world, choose my embark and start playing.  But if I come back to it later (as in I quit and save and come back the next day for example), I will usually have a segmentation fault fairly rapidly.  Either its using 'k' to look around, or building a bed (it tells me there is no texture associated with the object, when I'm looking at a bunch of them in my furniture stock pile), or trying to access the building queue of a workshop with 'q'.  Basically I can do any number of things and it crashes.

I'm on Arch Linux x64 with the aur package of DF installed.  To install the texture pack, I just downloaded the upgrade only package from the Ironhand's thread and slapped it on in.  Of course i generated the world and started my game once the texture pack was installed.  Everything works fine up to two, three, or even five once, reloads but then it goes back to the same problem.

What can I do?  And thanks for your help in advance.