Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 54

Author Topic: Wikileaks guy arrested, Senator attempting retroactive law changing!  (Read 48537 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Wikileaks guy arrested, Senator attempting retroactive law changing!
« Reply #690 on: December 23, 2010, 02:24:18 am »

OK, assuming that he did it, no matter what it's called, he should be punished.
The disagreement is not about that. The disagreement is about whether or not he did it, and to what degree it was done. Perhaps the women are lying; perhaps they are not.
A complication to that disagreement is the fact that it is uncertain as to the fairness of the trial he would receive. The judge saying "Technically this guy is innocent, but since he's in court, might as well hang him." would be as incorrect as saying "Technically he did it, but on the other hand he's a guy, and bros have to stick together."

Most important of all, his personal life and/or crimes do not impeach the information being leaked, nor do they prevent more information from being released. Assange is a figurehead. We all know that, WL supporters even moreso than detractors. So worst case scenario, he could eat live puppies for breakfast, and the leaks will go on. And we will find out exactly what it is that BoA did.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: December 23, 2010, 03:04:18 am »

Anyway I saw that interview. Julian is kinda creepy. He does have that rapist look to him.

You know what else he looks like? He looks cyber-terroristy and espionagey! I'm sure he's up to no good.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 03:14:43 am by Sergius »

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: December 23, 2010, 07:00:28 am »

But that's the beautiful thing : he isn't accused of rape by the victims, nor is he of sexual assault.
Check the leaked article on the guardian, they wouldn't even have been to the police if he only took an std test.

What we have here, ladies and gentleman is two women feeling cheated on, a paranoid hacker being kind of a dick, who very possibly freaked out when he realized he may have fallen in a honey trap, and gross overexploitation of the charges by the police.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: December 23, 2010, 09:32:54 am »

(Now, if he's a neocon, his head will explode because he can't handle either siding with democrats or siding with liberals, and if he's an actual conservative, he'll probably call me out on a sarcastic, trollish response... to his sarcastic, trollish post. Unless, of course, I totally misread it and there actually are docs for the WMDs and conspiracy nuts... though we do at least know that known-bad British intel suggesting WMD development was used despite objections. As for 9/11, I know for a fact the govt. is too inept to pull it off if they wanted to.)

Or I could not care less since you're baiting me. Also Pseudo, that's sig material.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: December 23, 2010, 01:28:15 pm »

Anyway I saw that interview. Julian is kinda creepy. He does have that rapist look to him.

You know what else he looks like? He looks cyber-terroristy and espionagey! I'm sure he's up to no good.

Sergius hit the nail on the head.

Let's not forget this man's real crimes. He thought he would be a hero for squealing on America. He was wrong. I for one think this man should be thrown in jail before he does something serious.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: December 23, 2010, 01:29:19 pm »

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/darkside/

it was kinda already leaked quite a while ago (the bush administration's proactive development of intelligence and undermining of the CIA to justify a preconceived course of action)
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Outcast Orange

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETIMES_SQUID]
    • View Profile
    • The Outcast Orange
« Reply #696 on: December 23, 2010, 01:36:14 pm »

Let's not forget this man's real crimes. He thought he would be a hero for squealing on America. He was wrong. I for one think this man should be thrown in jail before he does something serious.

What can you possibly mean by that?

He was on the cover of times magazine and nearly one an award for person of the year.
It's like you are blind or something.

Are you blind or something?

EDIT:

Or more likely, are you a troll?
[7:53:55 PM] Armok, why did you demand that I don't eat you?
[7:54:34 PM] [Armok]: woooooo

Burried Houses - Platform Explorer Demo H - Cloud Scream

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: December 23, 2010, 01:38:18 pm »

And again, he did no espionnage, he simply released information he got. Your government as simply way too much time and ressources on their hand, and decided that the best course of action was to muzzle the guy up and remove him from the populace rather than addressing the gross mis-justice thats been going on for so long. Always dispointing to see sheeps closing their eyes on the corruption of the governing body, whoever it is.

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: December 23, 2010, 02:01:20 pm »

And again, he did no espionnage, he simply released information he got. Your government as simply way too much time and ressources on their hand, and decided that the best course of action was to muzzle the guy up and remove him from the populace rather than addressing the gross mis-justice thats been going on for so long. Always dispointing to see sheeps closing their eyes on the corruption of the governing body, whoever it is.

How did the government put a muzzle on him? The most my government did was create a Wikileaks taskforce. That's the most.

[/quote]

He was on the cover of times magazine and nearly one an award for person of the year.

EDIT:

Or more likely, are you a troll?

He almost got an award. So what? Hitler was man of the year on 1938. Not even joking.

What I meant was this man has committed crimes. He got hold of government documents. He released said documents. That's a crime.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: December 23, 2010, 02:07:14 pm »

What I meant was this man has committed crimes. He got hold of government documents. He released said documents. That's a crime.

You know why people keep disagreeing with you? Because you keep reducing complex issues down into sound bytes. It's not illegal to gain access to government documents and release them. Otherwise the guy that released the Pentagon Papers would in jail, right now, or buried in an unmarked grave.

Your statement applies to probably 20% of all government paper work and memos. What disturbs/annoys some is that you're implying any piece of paper your government produces is sacred and you should be in jail for daring to see it or share it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: December 23, 2010, 02:08:23 pm »

So the whole rape thing wasnt to blemish his rep or to keep him from doing things. Good to know! [/sarcasm]

Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: December 23, 2010, 02:15:12 pm »

Person of the Year has nothing to do with who is right or if they did anything good, they are just the person who has had the most impact on the world that year. And really, I could achieve that by nuking several small Russian villages. His statement and yours are not mutually exclusive.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: December 23, 2010, 02:40:06 pm »

First off, it's not Finland, it's Sweden. Second, considering your insane view that men are trash, aren't you a bit biased to be pushing that angle when even the publicity-whore prosecution dropped the whole "rape" thing in favor of more trivial (but still presumably bullshit) charges? Third, your comments seem to suggest that you'd support pressing any sexual misconduct charges on anyone accused, regardless of whether the alleged victim corroborated the story or not.
I thought that ending with "so much for your daily dose of WTF" would be indicative of my view on bastardizing the law in this way?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: December 23, 2010, 07:39:32 pm »

Relaying news on the matter -

United Nations chief torture investigator has taken a personal interest in Pvt. Bradley Manning.  The article rambles on about his prison conditions for those interested, but the important thing is the links to other major news outlets, to confirm that the U.N. is indeed preparing to weigh in on the issue.  Not that the U.N. has any kind of binding power of course, but the WikiLeaks matter is at heart a battle of and over diplomacy.

United Nations and other international diplomatic organizations officially declare their opinion that states have the right to keep information secret, but access to and publication of information, included leaked secret information, is a human right.  The statement itself.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #704 on: December 23, 2010, 08:38:45 pm »

Thanks Aqizzar.  I'm happy to see that statement.  The only problem I see, from the past experiences, is that the US doesn't really care about what the UN has to say unless they're in agreement and can be used as moral leverage.  After all, you've got a big amount of people in US who could be easily riled up into a lynch mob if it came to be. 

Also, I'm afraid of going to the US and getting my Portable Hard Drive taken away.  I've expressed opinions that are not completely negative against wikileaks. sh-- I said Wikileaks... I'm fucked... My email has been compromised.

Anyway, this seems like a thread where sarcasm tags should be mandatory. 

A troll tag could be useful too :P
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 54