Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 54

Author Topic: Wikileaks guy arrested, Senator attempting retroactive law changing!  (Read 48533 times)

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
Re: Wikileaks guy arrested, Senator attempting retroactive law changing!
« Reply #675 on: December 22, 2010, 07:39:44 pm »

Ok, I'm more and nore sure "has not formally been charged with any offence." source Guardian.

The charge are made up.

None of the women have actually submitted a formal complain.
It look like they argued with Assange (if all the thnigs in this article are true, with good reason), have gone to the police to force him to do an std test, not denying to have had consensual sex with Assange, and the police made up rape accusation from the women complain.
I'm not too sure about Finland, but in most countries, rape is a criminal offense, meaning the state is charging the defendant instead of the victim, hence the state can charge someone with rape even if the victim disagrees (occurs with statutory rape or some cases of domestic violence). So much for your daily dose of WTF...

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #676 on: December 22, 2010, 09:37:27 pm »

Spoiler: Xkcd (click to show/hide)

I'm sorry. It seemed somewhat amusing... :P
NEVER post kxcd without the alt text.  It's like showing a half of the mona lisa.
Spoiler: "alt text" (click to show/hide)
Move along sir.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: December 22, 2010, 09:37:51 pm »

SpyTip: Don't tell your tale to the tail.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: December 22, 2010, 09:43:03 pm »

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: December 22, 2010, 09:43:41 pm »

Burn Notice:  The saturday morning cartoon adaptation.  Complete with anvilicious spy moral at the end of every episode!
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: December 22, 2010, 09:50:36 pm »

Well its a good thing he leaked all those documents proving Bush knowingly lied about WMD's in Iraq and orchestrated 9/11. Now we can finally move on secure in our understanding of history without those pesky rednecks able to put up a defense.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #681 on: December 22, 2010, 09:58:47 pm »

Well its a good thing he leaked all those documents proving Bush knowingly lied about WMD's in Iraq and orchestrated 9/11. Now we can finally move on secure in our understanding of history without those pesky rednecks able to put up a defense.

Good to see the you agree with Obama's opinion of Wikileaks.

(Now, if he's a neocon, his head will explode because he can't handle either siding with democrats or siding with liberals, and if he's an actual conservative, he'll probably call me out on a sarcastic, trollish response... to his sarcastic, trollish post. Unless, of course, I totally misread it and there actually are docs for the WMDs and conspiracy nuts... though we do at least know that known-bad British intel suggesting WMD development was used despite objections. As for 9/11, I know for a fact the govt. is too inept to pull it off if they wanted to.)

EDIT: Anyway, the documents don't really concern Bush in particular. Mainly the continuing bureaucracy. Two things that come to mind are the report on the quashed European investigation of a US assassination of a man with a name merely similar to a terrorist, and the mercenary organization purchasing "Dancing Boys" to be raped by Iraqi police trainees.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 10:03:01 pm by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: December 22, 2010, 10:16:32 pm »

Ok, I'm more and nore sure "has not formally been charged with any offence." source Guardian.

The charge are made up.

None of the women have actually submitted a formal complain.
It look like they argued with Assange (if all the thnigs in this article are true, with good reason), have gone to the police to force him to do an std test, not denying to have had consensual sex with Assange, and the police made up rape accusation from the women complain.
I'm not too sure about Finland, but in most countries, rape is a criminal offense, meaning the state is charging the defendant instead of the victim, hence the state can charge someone with rape even if the victim disagrees (occurs with statutory rape or some cases of domestic violence). So much for your daily dose of WTF...
First off, it's not Finland, it's Sweden. Second, considering your insane view that men are trash, aren't you a bit biased to be pushing that angle when even the publicity-whore prosecution dropped the whole "rape" thing in favor of more trivial (but still presumably bullshit) charges? Third, your comments seem to suggest that you'd support pressing any sexual misconduct charges on anyone accused, regardless of whether the alleged victim corroborated the story or not.

Oh hey Nikov's back. I don't particularly like you, but you're still better than the other rightist ideologues we have. And most of the leftist ones too... :-\
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: December 22, 2010, 10:24:13 pm »

Well, it seems the CIA now has a WTF. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/12/22/politics/washingtonpost/main7174404.shtml
Officially, the panel is called the WikiLeaks Task Force. But at CIA headquarters, it's mainly known by its all-too-apt acronym: W.T.F.

God, us internet people are starting to enter the workforce! We are DOOMED

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: December 23, 2010, 12:01:24 am »

Yes I know I said I would leave but this is too intriguing.

My comments were too harsh earlier. That's the best way to put it. Anyway I saw that interview. Julian is kinda creepy. He does have that rapist look to him. Of course I probably think that cause I know what he's accused of.

I feel that he thinks he can do whatever he wants cause he's the world's greatest yellow journalist.

And I have never talked with this here Nikov but from what I have heard he's none too popular.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: December 23, 2010, 12:30:03 am »

So if someone is accused of something then you see them in that way, no revelation on how the actual case went or if he was proven guilty.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: December 23, 2010, 12:34:49 am »

So if someone is accused of something then you see them in that way, no revelation on how the actual case went or if he was proven guilty.

Pretty much. It's a mental thing. It's almost subconscious. And if he was proven innocent ten I think to myself "Hmm... I guess I was too quick to judge."

Ochita. You seem to have a hostile attitude toward me. Why is this.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: December 23, 2010, 12:42:04 am »

Pretty much. It's a mental thing. It's almost subconscious.

Exactly why the use of the word rape really pisses me off here.  It's obvious that this one word has an incredible effect on many people's perceptions.  There should at least be some extra descriptor attached for those who don't bother to actually read into the details of the case.

Edit:  And statements in the media from other feminist rights activists have also had plenty of negative things to say about authority's treatment of the case based on its classification and inconsistencies when compared to more clearly defined rape cases.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 12:44:04 am by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: December 23, 2010, 12:44:01 am »

Rape is now taken out of the Bay12 dictionary.

To be replaced by whatever SalmonGod wants it to be.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #689 on: December 23, 2010, 01:20:06 am »

Today's Lesson: RAPE vs. SEXUAL ASSAULT

Rape is defined in Webster's as:

RAPE [noun]:
2: unlawful sexual activity and usually sexual intercourse carried out forcibly or under threat of injury against the will usually of a female or with a person who is beneath a certain age or incapable of valid consent — compare sexual assault, statutory rape.

Sexual assault is defined as:

Sexual assault [noun]:
: illegal sexual contact that usually involves force upon a person without consent or is inflicted upon a person who is incapable of giving consent (as because of age or physical or mental incapacity) or who places the assailant (as a doctor) in a position of trust or authority.

That's it for today, kiddies! In the future, remember that in the legal system, people being tried for RAPE also include those accused of SEXUAL ASSAULT.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 54