Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 54

Author Topic: Wikileaks guy arrested, Senator attempting retroactive law changing!  (Read 48813 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikileaks guy arrested, Senator attempting retroactive law changing!
« Reply #240 on: December 09, 2010, 12:32:18 pm »

In which case you side with the side that is best for you. And I think wikileaks is clearly the victory in that situation, since the corps and the government officials that work for them clearly have every interest in screwing the rest of us over as hard and as often as possible, while wikileaks only has an interest in screwing THEM over.

I can't take it seriously when they claim to be the victim of intimidation when they hold information hostage and intimidate companies all the time.
What information do they "hold hostage", exactly? And what "intimidation" do they use other than the "don't come after us or we'll do it" kind?

Because honestly, your argument sounds a lot like the ones teachers use when a bully who has been picking on the class omega for years finally gets a punch thrown back at him  - and then both students are suspended because they were "both fighting". Believe it or not, context matters.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 12:34:49 pm by GlyphGryph »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 09, 2010, 12:40:29 pm »

Ok what?

So, when did the non-conscensual sex happened?

From that Reuther article: never.

And Reuther is, unlike some tabloid, a reliable source (but they says grossly the same thing.)
He's accused of intentionally splitting a condom while sleeping with Woman A, and of performing a non consensual unprotected sex act with Woman W.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 09, 2010, 12:40:56 pm »

I dunno. Their whole thing strikes me as a hostile organization that is somehow removing all the nukes in the world with no regard for the consequences of it.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 09, 2010, 12:45:06 pm »

Is he innocent or proven guilty, or have you already decided he's innocent regardless of what official inquiries determine?  Because I'm willing to bet you've gone with the latter.

He is innocent until proved guilty, and they better be convincing in their official inquiry regardless of that if they want to be believed.

Let's not be coy, we both know there's nothing that can be presented at that hearing that will change your mind.
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 09, 2010, 12:51:20 pm »

I dunno. Their whole thing strikes me as a hostile organization that is somehow removing all the nukes in the world with no regard for the consequences of it.

Klaatu barada nikto?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 09, 2010, 01:10:48 pm »

Klaatu barada nikto?
"What about the rest of the world?"
"I don't care about the rest of the world! You'll feel different when you read about me in the papers."
"I feel different now."

In retrospect that movie is damn perfect for this situation. Every quote seems to have some relevance.

George Barley: Why doesn't the government do something, that's what I'd like to know.
Mr. Krull: What can they do, they're only people just like us.
George Barley: People my foot, they're democrats.
Feel free to insert whatever names works best here.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 01:22:30 pm by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 09, 2010, 01:26:14 pm »

George Barley: Why doesn't the government do something, that's what I'd like to know.
Mr. Krull: What can they do, they're only people just like us.
George Barley: People my foot, they're democrats.
Feel free to insert whatever names works best here.

Yeah, how the Hell does that one not show up more often?  Man, I haven't that seen that movie in ages, I guess I should watch it again, 1950s scifi drivel that it is.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 09, 2010, 01:39:12 pm »

Actually, if he's found guilt and the court seems fair, I at least am willing to believe he's guilty. The problem is, ultimately, I don't give a damn about Assange and couldn't care less. Whatever else he's done doesn't change the fact that Wikileaks provides a service we need, that no one else is supplying.

And the saddest part of it all, is that all this bullshit drama that Assange is pulling is almost solely because every time wikileaks has actually released something important and meaningful, it's been ignored. Hell, even in these cables, that stuff is being ignored by the media. At this point, I wouldn't even be surprised if the women were plants by Assange himself to get more publicity.

Ultimately, will it matter one way or the other? I doubt it. Most people just don't care. They don't care about what the government lies to us about, what they cover up. But the government cares about what OTHER countries think of them, so in a way... maybe it will have some effect. Probably not.

Right now, the global currency, the marker of a successful business, politician, government or major world power is the ability to lie well. Unless we, as a people, make sure there are some consequences for those lies, even if its just public embarrassment, that isn't going to change.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 09, 2010, 02:17:56 pm »

Actually, if he's found guilt and the court seems fair and I find the evidence convincing, I at least am willing to believe he's guilty.

Fixed.

Verdicts do not determine truth.  That a man is found innocent does not mean he is.  The same applies for guilt.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 09, 2010, 02:23:27 pm »

Can the 4chan kids please stop being asses and cut out the DDoSing now? The point's been made (albeit poorly). It's like hurling molotovs and bricks at police during a peace protest.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 09, 2010, 04:35:21 pm »

Actually, if he's found guilt and the court seems fair and I find the evidence convincing, I at least am willing to believe he's guilty.

Fixed.

Verdicts do not determine truth.  That a man is found innocent does not mean he is.  The same applies for guilt.
a false positive in life.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 09, 2010, 04:43:58 pm »

Anon isn't a group, though. "Group" implies formal structure, which Anonymous does not have.

And the reason Anonymous never uses "I" is because we represent the faceless mass - we are everyone, and no one.

Can we please dispense with this nonsense?  I swear everyone who talks like this sounds like a 15 year old.

*shrugs*

Alright, fine.

Anonymous is the name used by people who want to hide behind a mask and affect the world w/o being singled out.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 09, 2010, 04:48:00 pm »

But the whole point of being "Anonymous" is that you don't take credit for it, especially not outside of being anonymous, which is what you are right here.  If you're bragging about being "Anonymous", then you're not "Anonymous".

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 09, 2010, 04:50:20 pm »

Anonymous is the name used by people who want to do shit for the laughs and feel like anything they do is actually worth a damn just because they occasionally make the news.

Fixed.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 09, 2010, 04:52:05 pm »

But the whole point of being "Anonymous" is that you don't take credit for it, especially not outside of being anonymous, which is what you are right here.  If you're bragging about being "Anonymous", then you're not "Anonymous".

I'm not bragging about being Anonymous.

But w/e.

Also, I laughed, Janet.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 54