Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 54

Author Topic: Wikileaks guy arrested, Senator attempting retroactive law changing!  (Read 48786 times)

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikileaks guy arrested, Senator attempting retroactive law changing!
« Reply #225 on: December 09, 2010, 06:49:59 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 09, 2010, 06:58:26 am »

Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Tsarwash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 09, 2010, 07:38:50 am »

So what are the ACTUAL rape allegation, because I just cannot find them. I have seen rumours about it. One suggests that they met, she gave him a blow job in a cinema, then they slept together in a hotel or such, with a condom. Then the next morning they slept together  without a condom. Another suggests that they slept together but the condom was ripped, and he is accused of ripping it deliberately. I am keeping an open mind on this, but the facts do not seem to be forthcoming.

Outside of the rape allegations, the arrest, refusal of bail, and fast track extradition seems to clearly be political, in order to get him either back to Sweden as swiftly as possible and then extradited to the US. Or to hold him in the UK for a while, until the US lawyers can build a credible case against him regarding the Wikileaks issues. Certainly normal rape accusees do not get treated in this way. It is not normal to refuse bail to rape accusees, or to try to extradite them in such a fashion. If the guy is guilty of the 'charge' then I would not oppose his detainment.

The guy might well have moral weaknesses, but this seems to be a cover for the US to get a hold of him for entirely separate reasons. Given Americas treatment of certain prisoners, I would be reluctant to hand over ANY prisoner for trial in that country. America are rapidly losing any claim to any global moral high ground.
On the left a cannon which shoots dwarf children into the sun, on the right, a massive pit full of magma charred dwarfs and elves.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 09, 2010, 07:50:16 am »

Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 09, 2010, 09:46:13 am »

That actually sounds pretty selfless.
Then again, its hard to tell if it actually is or not when its a thing like Anon that never uses I.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 10:13:43 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 09, 2010, 10:09:03 am »

Anon isn't a group, though. "Group" implies formal structure, which Anonymous does not have.

And the reason Anonymous never uses "I" is because we represent the faceless mass - we are everyone, and no one.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 09, 2010, 10:14:18 am »

Thing, then.
I knew why anon didn't use I already.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MiniMacker

• Bay Watcher
  • Side-effects include nausia, tantrum and insanity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 09, 2010, 10:16:24 am »

http://www.avaaz.org/en/wikileaks_petition?fp

Everyone should sign it.
Well, everyone who WANTS.

Oh, and;
“In a free society we're supposed to know the truth,” Paul said. “In a society where truth becomes treason, then we're in big trouble. And now, people who are revealing the truth are getting into trouble for it.”
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1210/45930.html
It isn't a new Dwarf Fortress version until we're made to fear some kind of regular creature.  Carp, Elephants, Unicorns, Badgers, and now Mosquitos.  I've got 5 dorfBucks on the next one being plagues of groundhogs.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 09, 2010, 11:09:32 am »

Anon isn't a group, though. "Group" implies formal structure, which Anonymous does not have.

And the reason Anonymous never uses "I" is because we represent the faceless mass - we are everyone, and no one.

Can we please dispense with this nonsense?  I swear everyone who talks like this sounds like a 15 year old.
Shoes...

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 09, 2010, 11:21:28 am »

Indeed, he should dispense with it, since you are not faceless when you talk like that. Do your work, but dont claim credit for it, thats cancer stuff.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 09, 2010, 12:17:03 pm »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40556948/ns/us_news-wikileaks_in_security/

Ok what?

So, when did the non-conscensual sex happened?

From that Reuther article: never.

And Reuther is, unlike some tabloid, a reliable source (but they says grossly the same thing.)
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 09, 2010, 12:20:47 pm »

http://www.avaaz.org/en/wikileaks_petition?fp

Everyone should sign it.
Well, everyone who WANTS.
I can't take it seriously when they claim to be the victim of intimidation when they hold information hostage and intimidate companies all the time.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 09, 2010, 12:25:18 pm »

You can be the intimidate-ee and the intimidate-r.  For WikiLeaks and who they spar with, it's a matter of scale - WikiLeaks is holding hostage probably a lot more junk data, with a few nuggets of potentially physically-harmful stuff buried in the details.  On the other side is the entire legal weight of western civilization, ready to bear down on them.

I think WikiLeaks and Assange in particular are a bunch of tools, but that doesn't mean they're not entitled to not be pressured outside of completed legal action.  There can certainly be equally valid claims of mutual intimidation.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 09, 2010, 12:28:32 pm »

I'll accept that, although I'll still stick with them being tools. This does seem to be one of those too-common situations where everybody involved is waist-deep in shit.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 54