Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 54

Author Topic: Wikileaks guy arrested, Senator attempting retroactive law changing!  (Read 48571 times)

Tsarwash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikileaks guy arrested, Senator attempting retroactive law changing!
« Reply #120 on: December 08, 2010, 08:54:27 am »

2) He wasn't arrested.  He went down to Scotland Yard himself.
A minor point, I know, but you do not seem to know the meaning of the word arrested. The guy willingly went to Scotland Yard. He was then arrested, and swiftly had a court appearance. Bail was applied for, refused and he spend the night in Wandsworth prison.
Assange was arrested by appointment at a London police station at 9.20am after a European arrest warrant was received by the Metropolitan police extradition unit yesterday. He appeared in court at 2pm, where he spoke to confirm his name and date of birth and to tell the court: "I do not consent to my extradition."
From Guardian
On the left a cannon which shoots dwarf children into the sun, on the right, a massive pit full of magma charred dwarfs and elves.

Outcast Orange

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETIMES_SQUID]
    • View Profile
    • The Outcast Orange
« Reply #121 on: December 08, 2010, 11:57:59 am »

I'll just leave this here:

http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2010/12/07/wikileaks/index.html

EDIT:

I'm surprised that Google has sided with Wikileaks.
Usually they will pave over links in these sort of situations to cull internet traffic.
Instead the WikiLeaks mirror is the top result.

PSEUDO NINJA EDIT:

Only seconds later and it appears to have dropped a few places.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 12:09:00 pm by Outcast Orange »
[7:53:55 PM] Armok, why did you demand that I don't eat you?
[7:54:34 PM] [Armok]: woooooo

Burried Houses - Platform Explorer Demo H - Cloud Scream

Captain Hat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 08, 2010, 12:14:04 pm »

Julian Assange is obviously a member of the Liberal Crime Squad.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 08, 2010, 12:21:36 pm »

Mostly the helicopter video; if you actually see the full thing (IE: not the short portion that he removed the context from, then publicized) it doesn't look nearly so damning.

2) He wasn't arrested.  He went down to Scotland Yard himself.
A minor point, I know, but you do not seem to know the meaning of the word arrested.
The current state he's in under Swedish law is different than the state of being "arrested" under US law.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 08, 2010, 12:26:10 pm »

It look actually worse if you look it all. They fire missiles in an habitation shortly afterward. They were, of course civilian casualties.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 08, 2010, 12:51:09 pm »

Anon is taking action against the companies that are fighting Wikileaks.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 08, 2010, 12:59:18 pm »

It look actually worse if you look it all. They fire missiles in an habitation shortly afterward. They were, of course civilian casualties.
The pilots then proceeded to utter racial, religious, ethnic, feminist, alien and architectural slurs at the victims.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 08, 2010, 01:03:33 pm »

*shrugs*

Point is, America flipped the fuck out, and lo and behold, Julian Assange is in police custody.

Do you not see the chain of events here? I mean, I'm aware that correlation != causation, and nor do I fully know the chain of events, but this looks pretty damn shady to /me/.

Look out man, this is the first step, the gubmint's gonna getcha
Shoes...

Tsarwash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 08, 2010, 01:13:39 pm »

He is being held against his will in a police station / prison. How is that not being under arrest in any definition of the word. I am genuinely interested how that does not fall under the definition of being under arrest. Is this the Guantanamo definition of being held in custody or something ? pray tell how the American definition of being arrested differs from the rest of civilization.
On the left a cannon which shoots dwarf children into the sun, on the right, a massive pit full of magma charred dwarfs and elves.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 08, 2010, 01:22:08 pm »

He is being held against his will in a police station / prison. How is that not being under arrest in any definition of the word. I am genuinely interested how that does not fall under the definition of being under arrest. Is this the Guantanamo definition of being held in custody or something ? pray tell how the American definition of being arrested differs from the rest of civilization.

When the public wants you arrested, then you're arrested. Otherwise, you're "being held pending a court date" or something.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 08, 2010, 05:17:15 pm »

Heh. "Nothing interesting" in the leaked cables indeed.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/dec/08/wikileaks-cables-shell-nigeria-spying
The oil giant Shell claimed it has inserted its staff into all key ministries of the Nigerian government, giving it access to politicians' every move in the oil-rich Niger Delta, according to a leaked US diplomatic cable.

Source documents, for anyone to read:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/us-embassy-cables-documents/230356
She said the GON had forgotten that Shell had seconded people to all the relevant ministries and that Shell consequently had access to everything that was being done in those ministries.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/us-embassy-cables-documents/170674
She claimed Shell has "intelligence" that one to three SAMs may have been shipped to Nigerian militant groups, although she seemed somewhat skeptical of that information and wondered if such sensitive systems would last long in the harsh environment of the Niger Delta in the care of groups not known for their preventive maintenance practices.
Pickard has repeatedly told us she does not like to talk to USG officials because the USG is "leaky." She may be concerned that by telling us the true impact of the attack, more bad news about Shell's Nigerian operations will leak out.

Haha...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 08, 2010, 05:27:39 pm »

Which is to say, DDoSing random websites a few script kiddies think have something to do with "stopping" WikiLeaks, and emailing overblown Anon-Army recruiting videos to NBC.

I always love watching these dopes act all important.  It's so heartwarmingly tragic.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 08, 2010, 05:58:18 pm »

Suprise! America is involved in unethical activities! Oh noes! Seriously, if they weren't I would be concerned, what world power isn't messing around to shaft the other ones? A losing one, that's who! Get over it, the only thing WikiLeaks changes is now the left wing has more to rage about. Check and you will note that Obama has not acted to stop these actions either, so don't blame it all on the Bush administration either. (Seriously, Obama has been in power for almost two years now, move one.)
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 08, 2010, 06:01:37 pm »

Which is to say, DDoSing random websites a few script kiddies think have something to do with "stopping" WikiLeaks, and emailing overblown Anon-Army recruiting videos to NBC.

I always love watching these dopes act all important.  It's so heartwarmingly tragic.

No Aqizzar! Don't insult them, they'll send pizzas your way and maybe HACK YOUR MYSPACE!

Seriously, the fact that those kids like wikileaks sort of makes me like it less, heh.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 08, 2010, 06:02:03 pm »

Well the Shell documents are pretty interesting. Although they've been doing that since the 80's.

Anyone else curious what's in the encrypted doc he's threatening to release if anyone really fucks with him? Is 256-byte encryption like psychotically advanced?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 54